What if Whatsapp Never returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Short answer: WP will die fast here in Germany. A phone without whatsapp is nearly worthless.
Worthless? Wow. Overreact much? Maybe you're right. After all a phone without Whatsapp will only make phone calls, send and receive texts, function as a GPS, take pictures, browse the internet and send and receive email. Yup, worthless.

luismfarelo

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Worthless? Wow. Overreact much? Maybe you're right. After all a phone without Whatsapp will only make phone calls, send and receive texts, function as a GPS, take pictures, browse the internet and send and receive email. Yup, worthless.

You can make all of that on Android and iOS. If you can't use whatsapp on WP, then, BY COMPARISON, yes, you have a worthless smartphone. Whatsapp is the reason many in Europe even buy smartphones.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it means fewer threads about WhatsApp and returns WPC to its former state as a forum for Windows Phone instead of WhatsApp, I think I'm OK with WhatsApp never returning.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There's no reason why it won't be back, but they'll be getting a 1-star rating from me for unpublishing it with 0 warning. I just got a Lumia 1520 for a family member who uses WhatsApp more than any other apps, and now I won't be able to install it for them until it's back. Screw them, honestly.

How's your mom liking her phone? Other than WhatsApp, obviously.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
How's your mom liking her phone? Other than WhatsApp, obviously.

Judging by how many times she proactively thanked me without my asking how it's going, I'd say she loves it so far. Just gave it to her yesterday. Also hooked her up with a wireless charging stand, JBL PowerUp, and a Nokia flip-cover. Huge upgrade (no pun intended) from her Lumia 900.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You don't understand that for us Whatsapp is as important as one of those functions. You wouldn't buy a phone that doesn't offer calls just because many people use one or the other VoIP app.

We want the one thing we can reach everybody with, not check all the alternatives and hope the other person might use one of them.

Whatsapp is the only messenger I have installed. I tested most of the other ones, however with only 2 or 3 of my contacts using them, I didn't see a reason to keep them.

Yes, Whatsapp is that big in Europe.

630User

May 18, 2014
Visit site
In a few years Apple might be gone. Google might buy Microsoft. Civilization might be destroyed by a third world war. What should I care right now about that?

You are barking up the wrong tree. There is no WhatsApp for wp at the moment, live with it!
Me and many other wp users are looking for other alternatives.
Long live Skype! :grin:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
You are barking up the wrong tree. There is no WhatsApp for wp at the moment, live with it!
Me and many other wp users are looking for other alternatives.
Long live Skype! :grin:

I'm not barking at all. As I said, I don't expect Whatsapp to be gone for long and for now I have it installed and I'm using it very often.

And I also stated multiple time that's good for everybody who has an alternative that works for her or him.

What I was repeatedly was trying to tell you is that this doesn't work for everybody else, and that it is reason enough to switch platform if it shouldn't come back. That's not a threat, that's not wining, that's just a simple fact. It doesn't matter what will happen in a few years, it doesn't matter if other people can live easily without Whatsapp, that's just the situation for us right now.

HAMEDACC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I think It will be back
But now we have faced a shocking Truth, That some small APP(s) could dominate Huge Companies' Products.
P.S (Small in size)

Robot_Man

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll also switch OS but my problem is what I'll use. Probably an iPhone

Sent from my RM-942_lta_lta_228 using Tapatalk

I also prefer iPhone but where I live we buy phones simfree and off contract, so IPhones don't worth their price tag, so if I HAVE to choose, you know what I would go for :D

josepmanel1983

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I am very tempted to use my HTC One S, which I currently use as secondary device, as main driver. I am happy with my HTC 8X but waiting for apps to get published, updated, etc. is geting very tiring. Microsoft (Joe Belfiore) can say whatever they want but the developers I speak with always tell me WP is last on the list, if even that. And now Whatsapp again! I work as a teacher and most of my students buy their phones taking into account apps like Whatsapp or Candy Crush (I know) so it seems like WP is doomed. If they haven't been able to overcome the app gap in four+ years... perhaps they've lost their train.

Sent from my ICONIA W700 using Tapatalk

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I've got mail from WhatsApp too so there's no question of never return of WhatsApp to windowsphone

i think this topic "what if" is just for the fun. it's just imagining the situation. it's not gonna happen. u search, u will find the article with twitter snapshot that, whatsapp update is ready and is coming. that's why they have withdrawn the app from the store.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
You don't understand that for us Whatsapp is as important as one of those functions. You wouldn't buy a phone that doesn't offer calls just because many people use one or the other VoIP app.

We want the one thing we can reach everybody with, not check all the alternatives and hope the other person might use one of them.

Whatsapp is the only messenger I have installed. I tested most of the other ones, however with only 2 or 3 of my contacts using them, I didn't see a reason to keep them.

Yes, Whatsapp is that big in Europe.

This +1.

Everybody here uses Whatsapp instead of normal text messaging. That's just kind of how it is. So, a phone that can't do WhatsApp in a place like this is never going to take off. That's just how it is. Would you buy a phone knowing you couldn't text ANY of your friends?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786