Won't someone PLEASE make a simple digital clock tile that works?

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I know it can be done because Clock Hub used to work before he ruined it and Analog Clock works fine (both ~12MBs, 1MB clocks don't seem to keep time). I really want my digital clock back. It just looks nicer.

rPNUs7c.jpg

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Also best give the developer of Clock Hub feed back as to why you think he ruined the app. As Constructive criticism given to the developer is more productive than just posting on the forum. Furthermore leaving low star reviews (not saying you have, just speaking in general) without any explanation which are really not helpful to other users or developers at all.

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If it's specifically for 8.1, the clock can update itself every minute using the new APIs. If your phone isn't doing it. chances are you have blocked a task from running in the background that is needed or have battery saver on.

Perhaps you should develop your own application if you are not satisified with what's available?

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
If it's specifically for 8.1, the clock can update itself every minute using the new APIs. If your phone isn't doing it. chances are you have blocked a task from running in the background that is needed or have battery saver on.

Perhaps you should develop your own application if you are not satisified with what's available?

https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-us

That's a bit of a silly remark. I think the OP is asking that an app is published should work as advertised. Not everyone has the skills or time to make an app themselves. That's like saying the car I bought doesn't work as advertised. Are you asking the person to build their own. No of course not. I follow the notion that something made should work and if it doesn't (as reviews indicate) then fix it.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I removed all my clock tile stuff because my phone always has the time right up in the right hand corner next to my battery indicator...

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
There are NO full-width digital clock tiles that keep time. Prove me wrong. You can't. No, I don't want to stare at the microscopic clock in the corner. Only someone who has never used Android would think that was adequate. Why a usable clock, the most basic of phone functions, is not part of the OS is a mystery to me, right up there with quantum uncertainty. Why not just put one on the alarm clock tile?

Last edited:

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
There are NO full-width digital clock tiles that keep time. Prove me wrong. You can't. No, I don't want to stare at the microscopic clock in the corner. Only someone who has never used Android would think that was adequate. Why a usable clock, the most basic of phone functions, is not part of the OS is a mystery to me, right up there with quantum uncertainty. Why not just put one on the alarm clock tile?

Well TimeMe works perfectly on my phones. With the smaller 4.5" and down phones the tile is FULL width if you don't use the extra tiles.

DarthMengon

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Whats wrong with Clock Hub? On my Lumia 920 with DP it Works great. And it IS full Width capable, at least if you use wide tile in combination with two rows of tiles...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have never needed a bigger clock. If I need to glance on the clock while not using the phone, the lockscreen has a clock with a larger readout. If I need to look while using it, it's up in the corner, and is perfectly readable. I understand why people would want it as a decorative tile, but for CHECKING THE TIME, the WP already is usable.

Last edited:

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
"Why a usable clock, the most basic of phone functions"
I have never needed a bigger clock. If I need to glance on the clock while not using the phone, the lockscreen has a clock with a larger readout. If I need to look while using it, it's up in the corner, and is perfectly readable. I understand why people would want it as a decorative tile, but for CHECKING THE TIME, the WP already is usable.
I swear in every discussion there's always one person who does this.

MyNL822

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Because people keep asking for a clock tile, bypassing all the other clocks "built-in". Yeah, wasting screen real estate for a clock tile is a great use of your screen.

Really...Screen real estate. Wtf, are you getting at, the home screen is personal so don't try to tell me what my property needs. And for the OP: TimeMe works perfectly and looks much better thank clockhub, but a problem u may have is that the app is not allowed in the background, turn this on in battery saver settings and it will perform much better.

Amit Nitin

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi users, I am using nokia 525 updated to wp 8.1 preview. after updating i recieved all the system updates for my phone like extras+info, touch, network+ etc setting updates. few days back my bro wanted to use wp8.1 experience for few days so i did reset my phone from settings>about. But after reset windows apps rolled back to as they were at out of the box and im not getting ny update notification also. can u please recommend me a way to update my settings???? im not even getting notification to update my already installed apps that need an update ready in the store. please help. i need my settings updated

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I swear in every discussion there's always one person who does this.

Did you see what I responded to? That post stated that there was no usable clock in WP. That's a ridiculous statement. If there's always one person who corrects ridiculous statements, that would be great.

Like I said, I get the need for a big clock for aesthetic reasons, some tiles just look good and that's great. But saying that there is no usable clock is hyperbole.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Did you see what I responded to? That post stated that there was no usable clock in WP. That's a ridiculous statement. If there's always one person who corrects ridiculous statements, that would be great.

Like I said, I get the need for a big clock for aesthetic reasons, some tiles just look good and that's great. But saying that there is no usable clock is hyperbole.
It doesn't even matter. The guy/gal asked for app suggestions, not ways you think he/she should use their home screen.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi users, I am using nokia 525 updated to wp 8.1 preview. after updating i recieved all the system updates for my phone like extras+info, touch, network+ etc setting updates. few days back my bro wanted to use wp8.1 experience for few days so i did reset my phone from settings>about. But after reset windows apps rolled back to as they were at out of the box and im not getting ny update notification also. can u please recommend me a way to update my settings???? im not even getting notification to update my already installed apps that need an update ready in the store. please help. i need my settings updated
Sorry bro bro. Wrong place and no idea how to help you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786