Do not update Music Hub Tile!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
There is an update to Music Hub Tile. Don't do it. The dev has changed it so no tile will pin unless you pay. You now have to pin the app itself on the start screen, which is now just a bland green tile without any icon on it. That opens the app itself in which there is a button that says "Open Music Hub".

It's a little cheap from the dev to do this. Just changing the rules once you've gotten people to use your app especially since this is technically just a temporary fix until Microsoft sorts the XBox Music app out. But what cha gonna do...

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/store/app/music-hub-tile/3faa2f9e-6b8d-440a-bb60-5dd76a5baec1

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I hope there will be another developer who'll create a similar app which will be free. I was actually about to purchase the app to activate the transparent live tile, but with what he did with the update, I changed my mind. He is the kind of developer I wouldn't want to support. EVER.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh please I'm a dev myself. I know and understand the work put in developing. I'm not saying he shouldn't be paid. I'm saying he changed the rules without warning. He should have either made the app paying at first or kept it free with paid options.

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
We all know devs do some serious hard works to make an app. No one is saying he shouldnt be paid. But the main thing is he should have kept at least ONE, only ONE free tile for the ppl who cant buy apps. That wouldn't hurt would it? And anyway MS is going to fix the music hub today or tomorrow, after that no one will even bother to keep his app in their phones!

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
This is from the dev's Twitter:

"For developers who think Music Hub tile is easy and want to write a new one. It's: I'm possible, and Impossible for u (99.99%)."

Lol

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site

"For developers who think Music Hub tile is easy and want to write a new one. It's: I'm possible, and Impossible for u (99.99%)."

Lol

Lol WTH! :p That dev is so immature! Thinking that he is superior and s*it :p

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a strangely arrogant message. I mean no doubt it must be complicated. But I doubt only .1% can do it...

I hope he doesn't continue acting in a way that makes me regret donating.

Anyways, its been updated, had to repin the app. Works fine, adds new stuff like Zune tiles etc.
I donated with that app to get the ability to pin, and it hasn't bothered me about anything else post-update, so that's nice.

Noticed it seems to go to the Tile Hub App for a split second before going to the hub, hope it doesn't appear too often.

n3on

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Lol

That horrible excuse for a developer only created a link to the old music app that's still in the Windows phone code, he didn't in the slightest "make a music app".

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't even use it. Sure I hate the new app, but it's getting better. I'm sure within a few months, it'll be almost to where it needs to be.

mylumia928

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Wow, look at the buy now screen he made. "Used some unique technique, and sale $0.99 is not for tiles but for technique." Oh my god!

Posted via the WP Central app on my Nokia 3310

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
What's worse is it says in the update notes "If the icon of app disappeared after update, please uninstall and reinstall, it's a bug of WP"

Pathetic piece of ****.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss