So who's using telegram??

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Now that the telegram is out(official) for windows phone,tell me wat u think of it and will u use it because WhatsApp is absent apparently from wp...

anon(7935575)

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I installed telegram. I have around 300 contacts in what's app and not even 50 On telegram. Amongst those 99% have uninstalled it. It's a sad moment for me. It looks faster but I don't think I can make my contacts switch back to it.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I won't be using it as in my country none of my friends use Telegram. Over here Whatsapp is a monopoly and no body is willing to make the change so it makes no sense trying out telegram.

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
i just installed it only one friend using out of 449 contacts in my phone book...:/ but the app is way better than Whatsapp

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hardly 20 out of 278 of my friend uses telegram.hope people will start using telegram soon.
Most of them uses hike,wechat and whatsapp so i can stay without WhatsApp :)

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I installed it today just to see if it could be an alternative to Whatsapp, but it was the same as with Viber or WeChat. While every contact I would write to uses Whatsapp, I had like 10 to 20 contacts on Viber, a few less on WeChat, and around 5 to 10 on Telegram.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
It amuses me to see people up in arms about privacy settings in facebook and how facebook don't honor any form of privacy for its users... And then slit there wrists because WhatsApp is not working

Newsflash for the sheep, WhatsApp is Facebook's now, your location, conversations, images, telephone numbers, contact details are added to your advertising ID which facebook sells...

There is now a better, safer more secure messenger app, Telegram, the sheep will eventually move over but it will take a while for the transition

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
It amuses me to see people up in arms about privacy settings in facebook and how facebook don't honor any form of privacy for its users... And then slit there wrists because WhatsApp is not working

Newsflash for the sheep, WhatsApp is Facebook's now, your location, conversations, images, telephone numbers, contact details are added to your advertising ID which facebook sells...

There is now a better, safer more secure messenger app, Telegram, the sheep will eventually move over but it will take a while for the transition

I really don't like this over-excessive use of the word sheep in this context. I am well aware of everything you mention, I still prefer to communicate with Whatsapp than not to communicate at all. And I don't even have a Facebook account.

But enjoy feeling so good about yourself that you can be arrogant and condescending, only because you are using an alternative app. For some people this seems to be an achievement.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Those two things can't force me to leave WA. In fact, what bugs are you talking about? Any example?
Secret chat is not a must have feature though.

When u scroll to see old messages,it crashes....whatsapp is so popular only because of the large masses using it...i use it too but telegram feels more faster

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Fact is, nothing can replace Whatsapp. Those bugs are not barring you to use it, right. As you said, you are still using it. I find hike a very good IM app, but no point to use it. Its all about number of contacts and WA leads the fight here. I don't see delay in msg delivery either. WA is still good and competent app. I bey, the day it will come up with updates, people will change their thoughts.

swapnilmr

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I can't use all Emojis in Telegram. Even when I send a emoji, it gets changed to WP style emoji. Is it just me or is this a bug?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon