05-30-2014 08:15 PM
274 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Whatsapp is not the only messaging app out there, believe it or not, your phone has the ability to send messages without the use of an external app. Also, you could install viber for example, it is available on all platforms and is free, and for everyone who complains that 'my friends don't use it' get them to install it, if they're really your friends, they'll want to stay in touch and install it (takes 2 mins literally). I just wish people would stop complaining all the time, it's only an App, a free app as well. I could understand if you paid 4.99 for it, but you didn't. like other posters have said, it's just making you look like kids who're throwing all their toys out the pram!!
    Editguy1900 likes this.
    05-30-2014 12:15 AM
    whatsapp not even available for wp7.5?
    05-30-2014 12:27 AM
    Whatsapp is not the only messaging app out there
    But its a top one that majority of people use.

believe it or not, your phone has the ability to send messages without the use of an external app
    Way more costly, and feature less as compared to whatsapp, already paying for a data plan, why to spend more on sms when whatsapp can do it in same price!

Also, you could install viber for example, it is available on all platforms and is free, and for everyone who complains that 'my friends don't use it' get them to install it, if they're really your friends, they'll want to stay in touch and install it (takes 2 mins literally).
    It not about them installing it or they being my true friends, individual contacts I can understand, but what about the groups? I am in like 15 groups on whatsapp, do you even think they will recreate all those groups in some other messaging just because of me? Even I can forget the groups, but its not even that, its harming the already tainted repuation of WP. Already WP is far behind in terms of features as compared to iOS and Android, on top this makes me a laughing stock among my friends that my fav OS doesn't have one the most popular apps. They will quickly point out, "Had told you earlier itself, WP is no good, you should have gone for Android, even a second hand iOS device would have been better than this". The word will spread and it will sure hinder the sales of WP specially in markets where whatsapp is the go to app when it comes to messaging.

I just wish people would stop complaining all the time, it's only an App, a free app as well. I could understand if you paid 4.99 for it, but you didn't. like other posters have said, it's just making you look like kids who're throwing all their toys out the pram!!
    I only wish people stopped complaining about other people complaining and start understanding their point of view and how one app is extremely important in their day to day life. I only wish people show support to those affected by this, and not throw stones at them. If it doesn't affect you, well you are lucky, but effects others. One of the top requested app is has been pulled from the ecosystem without any warnings and official statements that too for 2 weeks and instead of people supporting each other they are at war among themselves. If you can't stand the whining and complaining don't come to this thread, as simple as that.
    bionicgt likes this.
    05-30-2014 12:58 AM
    Government offices in India work faster than them.. #modisarkar
    05-30-2014 01:05 AM
    I'm In.... tomorrow... let's do it!
    bionicgt likes this.
    05-30-2014 01:56 AM
    why would you waste your time screaming on twitter for whatsapp they already said they are working on fixing whatsapp notification issue
    iamtim likes this.
    05-30-2014 02:51 AM
    Im in 100%, gonna start a Twitter account just for it *evilgrin*
    bionicgt likes this.
    05-30-2014 03:23 AM
    OK guys get ready!!!

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk
    05-30-2014 03:38 AM
    How am I gonna get my two friends to the whatsapp group where we had like 30 people? What about my co workers , two of them bought Lumia, one kindly uninstalled it and another one just bought one yesterday. I feel for them. Trying to make 40 people switch to Line, yeah right
    people who don't want to support this. DO NOT DO IT! BUT LEAVE the thread then. We are having solidarity
    something that you guys don't.

05-30-2014 03:55 AM
    How am I gonna get my two friends to the whatsapp group where we had like 30 people? What about my co workers , two of them bought Lumia, one kindly uninstalled it and another one just bought one yesterday. I feel for them. Trying to make 40 people switch to Line, yeah right
    people who don't want to support this. DO NOT DO IT! BUT LEAVE the thread then. We are having solidarity
    something that you guys don't.

We know you and the rest of the people on this thread have many friends on Whatsapp etc, I do too. But I don't see this campaign doing much, Whatsapp never check their twitter account, its not Microsoft's problem so they wont reply either. If you really want to complain then maybe its best to do it on the Microsoft forum website where there are employees who actually read it.
    05-30-2014 04:14 AM
    We know you and the rest of the people on this thread have many friends on Whatsapp etc, I do too. But I don't see this campaign doing much, Whatsapp never check their twitter account, its not Microsoft's problem so they wont reply either. If you really want to complain then maybe its best to do it on the Microsoft forum website where there are employees who actually read it.

They'll sure read it. And its great there's people supporting. You don't see that is not only Twitter but other networks.
    We'll also massively send emails to support@whatsapp.com
    Someone needs to respond to the lack of professionalism, yes they're not entitled to serve the platform but we're customers at some point. Most people on radios or TV stations or news papers or magazines or any product they'll respond and take actions after a number of clients have raised their voice. I can only imagine the troubled of someone who sold a Lumia phone like those on Craigslist and having the embarrassment of people yelling and trying to get a refund. Y'all just see what you wanna see.

05-30-2014 04:19 AM
    Yes we are!!

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/472268222616838144
    Last edited by faalil; 05-30-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    05-30-2014 04:21 AM
    why would you waste your time screaming on twitter for whatsapp they already said they are working on fixing whatsapp notification issue
    Shut up
    bionicgt likes this.
    05-30-2014 04:37 AM
    Shut up
    bionicgt likes this.
    05-30-2014 04:38 AM
    When you've been told repeatedly that they are working on it, yeah, you could chill a little bit. The developers are working on it. Give them a chance to fix it and relax. Soon enough your beloved WhatsApp will come back and you can find something else to whine about.
    Working on what precisely? What exactly is the problem with Whatsapp? A notification bug? Release an update. My phone has no bugs anyway.
    A bug to do with Update 3? Hide it for update 3 users then and let everyone else use it...I mean for god sake even WP 7.5 got dragged into this...
    patrikmore likes this.
    05-30-2014 04:42 AM
    Also @satyanadella
    05-30-2014 04:44 AM
    Exactly, it's not like it's gone for good. All they are doing is fixing a major issue with it and then bringing it back to the store. If any of the people on here know anything about software development then they would know that you don't just write software and release it, you test it first.
    iamtim likes this.
    05-30-2014 04:50 AM
    Exactly, it's not like it's gone for good. All they are doing is fixing a major issue with it and then bringing it back to the store. If any of the people on here know anything about software development then they would know that you don't just write software and release it, you test it first.
    Read above ^
    05-30-2014 04:59 AM
    Read above ^
    I don't need to, just search the frontpage News for WhatsApp!!!
    05-30-2014 05:03 AM
    When you've been told repeatedly that they are working on it, yeah, you could chill a little bit. The developers are working on it. Give them a chance to fix it and relax. Soon enough your beloved WhatsApp will come back and you can find something else to whine about.
    In the meanwhile, perhaps for months, I'm stuck with my old previous phone in order to be able to use whatsapp with my friends/family. Great!
    05-30-2014 05:08 AM
    I am in !
    05-30-2014 05:17 AM
    Shut up
    Did you even read what I said? Moaning on this forum get you nowhere, go to the Microsoft forums and complain. Read before you tell people to shut up.
    05-30-2014 05:22 AM
    I don't need to, just search the frontpage News for WhatsApp!!!
    Do you mean the generic robot replies? Sorry for the inconvenience of removing an app that worked fine, we will return it to you because its not quality. And Microsoft loovesss their quality apps like Xbox Music
    05-30-2014 05:27 AM
    Least they can do is open the private beta..atleast people who ve bought new phones can download whatsapp.
    05-30-2014 05:29 AM
    @Nahndadx I did. And you'd be foolish to think Microsoft doesn't read this forum. In addition, this is a thread about moaning on twitter and emailing them on Saturday, so even if you were right, your reply is ultimately irrelevant. To use a car analogy, your friend is driving his car to the mechanics while moaning about it not working, you go "Stop moaning and take it to the mechanics".
    05-30-2014 05:31 AM
274 ... 23456 ...