#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: #BringBackWhatsappOnWP CAMPAIGN

I want in, but please:
1. convert the strike time to UTC so I can re-convert it to my local time and do this campaign on time
2. tell us which accounts that we're going bomb

#BringBackWhatsAppOnWP

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People will leave WP because WhatsApp has a problem and is trying to fix it? Are you kidding me?

Funny, isn't it? "OMGWTF!?!??!?!?! HOW DARE THEY TRY TO FIX THE APP! GAH! THEY"RE KILLING WINDOWS PHONE!"

What's killing Windows Phone are all the people whinging about WhatsApp pulling their app to fix it and make it better. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if people would just relax and stop acting like WhatsApp killed their puppy. I mean, gads, how dare they take the time to make sure it's right instead of releasing betas or interim builds which would only undoubtedly cause these same people to complain that it wasn't working right!

Temperance and patience and less drama would do wonders.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site

They're working on it since last 14 days ! It's not been a while so its obvious that people will get mad at them if they can't bring the most popular app back to the store. People getting angry and they're going to do this (including me) simple as that!

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

People getting angry and they're going to do this (including me) simple as that!

And you really think that's going help? You really think that barnstorming social media will actually get WhatsApp to finish their fixes and release them quicker? Do you think the WhatsApp developers are like, "*YAWN* Well, I could work on the Windows Phone fixes, but instead I think I'll sit here and stare and the wall." or something?

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site

People will leave WP mostly because WA is not available in store, not because WA is being fixed.

This applies to phones where hard reset was done, phones under repair with new software, and phones recently purchased.

By the way, sellers are warned not to sell windows phone these days to avoid refunds.

Two weeks already, could as well be four or eight weeks, as there is no sound information provided by anybody.

We have to wait quietly? You?re joking!

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

People will leave WP mostly because WA is not available in store, not because WA is being fixed.

This applies to phones where hard reset was done, phones under repair with new software, and phones recently purchased.

By the way, sellers are warned not to sell windows phone these days to avoid refunds.

Two weeks already, could as well be four or eight weeks, as there is no sound information provided by anybody.

We have to wait quietly? You’re joking!
When you've been told repeatedly that they are working on it, yeah, you could chill a little bit. The developers are working on it. Give them a chance to fix it and relax. Soon enough your beloved WhatsApp will come back and you can find something else to whine about.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

My two friends with Whatsapp have it on their Lumia 520 and the notifications are working as hell!!! Spread the word people!!!
#bringbackwhatsapp

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
People will leave WP because WhatsApp has a problem and is trying to fix it? Are you kidding me? Maybe you guys should take a look at the front page of this site once in awhile...

WhatsApp and Microsoft still working together on fix for missing app | Windows Phone Central

Its not about old WP users switching to other OS, its about the new ones that are supposed to be added. With the release of 8.1, 630 and the upcoming 930, believe me this missing one single app is enough to deviate potential buyers to other platform, they don't care about cortana or tile background or file manager, the droid they buy instead of WP will do it better. They only care if their regular used app is present on the OS they are going to buy. 3 friends of mine who bought 630, had to revert back to their Symbian and Android phone cause of this debacle, now their shiny new devices are eating dust cause there is no whatsapp. They will go and tell the shop keeper that whatsapp is not available, that shopkeeper will tell other buyers and it will be a snowball effect with those people will be telling other people, 1 day, 2 days absense is acceptable but 2 weeks is way too much a long time for the jungle fire to spread.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Whatsapp is not the only messaging app out there, believe it or not, your phone has the ability to send messages without the use of an external app. Also, you could install viber for example, it is available on all platforms and is free, and for everyone who complains that 'my friends don't use it' get them to install it, if they're really your friends, they'll want to stay in touch and install it (takes 2 mins literally). I just wish people would stop complaining all the time, it's only an App, a free app as well. I could understand if you paid 4.99 for it, but you didn't. like other posters have said, it's just making you look like kids who're throwing all their toys out the pram!!

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Whatsapp is not the only messaging app out there
But its a top one that majority of people use.

believe it or not, your phone has the ability to send messages without the use of an external app
Way more costly, and feature less as compared to whatsapp, already paying for a data plan, why to spend more on sms when whatsapp can do it in same price!

Also, you could install viber for example, it is available on all platforms and is free, and for everyone who complains that 'my friends don't use it' get them to install it, if they're really your friends, they'll want to stay in touch and install it (takes 2 mins literally).
It not about them installing it or they being my true friends, individual contacts I can understand, but what about the groups? I am in like 15 groups on whatsapp, do you even think they will recreate all those groups in some other messaging just because of me? Even I can forget the groups, but its not even that, its harming the already tainted repuation of WP. Already WP is far behind in terms of features as compared to iOS and Android, on top this makes me a laughing stock among my friends that my fav OS doesn't have one the most popular apps. They will quickly point out, "Had told you earlier itself, WP is no good, you should have gone for Android, even a second hand iOS device would have been better than this". The word will spread and it will sure hinder the sales of WP specially in markets where whatsapp is the go to app when it comes to messaging.

I just wish people would stop complaining all the time, it's only an App, a free app as well. I could understand if you paid 4.99 for it, but you didn't. like other posters have said, it's just making you look like kids who're throwing all their toys out the pram!!
I only wish people stopped complaining about other people complaining and start understanding their point of view and how one app is extremely important in their day to day life. I only wish people show support to those affected by this, and not throw stones at them. If it doesn't affect you, well you are lucky, but effects others. One of the top requested app is has been pulled from the ecosystem without any warnings and official statements that too for 2 weeks and instead of people supporting each other they are at war among themselves. If you can't stand the whining and complaining don't come to this thread, as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786