Status
Not open for further replies.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Jami T. (WhatsApp Support)

May 30 01:55

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

We appreciate your interest in our beta version and welcome your feedback. Unfortunately, we do not plan to add any beta testers at this time. However, our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Please wait for a new update to be released; it will include bug fixes and new features.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Jami T.

WhatsApp Support Team

Interested in translating for us? Please visit http://translate.whatsapp.com

Take a look at our FAQ: http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/
Chill guys :D

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: #BringBackWhatsappOnWP CAMPAIGN

Working on what precisely? What exactly is the problem with Whatsapp? A notification bug? Release an update. My phone has no bugs anyway.
A bug to do with Update 3? Hide it for update 3 users then and let everyone else use it...I mean for god sake even WP 7.5 got dragged into this...
How the hell am I supposed to know what they're working on? I'm not part of the development team. Did you look at the link to the front page of this site? WhatsApp and Microsoft still working together on fix for missing app | Windows Phone Central They are clearly trying to fix WHATEVER the problem is so just let them do it and quit acting like a bunch of spoiled crybabies.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site

How the hell am I supposed to know what they're working on? I'm not part of the development team. Did you look at the link to the front page of this site? WhatsApp and Microsoft still working together on fix for missing app | Windows Phone Central They are clearly trying to fix WHATEVER the problem is so just let them do it and quit acting like a bunch of spoiled crybabies.
I'm not sure they’re fixing anything. So far not an answer, not a clue.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Its not about old WP users switching to other OS, its about the new ones that are supposed to be added. With the release of 8.1, 630 and the upcoming 930, believe me this missing one single app is enough to deviate potential buyers to other platform, they don't care about cortana or tile background or file manager, the droid they buy instead of WP will do it better. They only care if their regular used app is present on the OS they are going to buy. 3 friends of mine who bought 630, had to revert back to their Symbian and Android phone cause of this debacle, now their shiny new devices are eating dust cause there is no whatsapp. They will go and tell the shop keeper that whatsapp is not available, that shopkeeper will tell other buyers and it will be a snowball effect with those people will be telling other people, 1 day, 2 days absense is acceptable but 2 weeks is way too much a long time for the jungle fire to spread.
So, two weeks is too long to fix a problem that you have absolutely no idea of what the problem is? Here's a newsflash. Sometimes technology fails, hugely. As far as I'm concerned all the moaning, whining and complaining is more likely to turn potential new uses off than no WhatseverApp will.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
If they would just release the beta version to the public.... That would at least prevent new buyers from dropping WP.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure they’re fixing anything. So far not an answer, not a clue.
Did you read the link I posted? So this is some sort of nefarious plot to upset a bunch of crybabies? Wow, just wow. There are posts literally all over the web concerning this and somehow you missed all of them?

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Did you read the link I posted? So this is some sort of nefarious plot to upset a bunch of crybabies? Wow, just wow. There are posts literally all over the web concerning this and somehow you missed all of them?
Yeaah. Outdated posts or communications. There is no real update on what's happening. At this point the best option is to sell my WP.

Altaf Nadaf1

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi friends this is what i found on Flipkart, one customer who was about to buy L925 on India biggest online shopping website, this really gonna effect MS for whatsapp issue.

Reviews by Lenin (3)
Sort by:
Nokia Lumia 925 : Mobile
Nokia Lumia 925 (Black)
Price: Rs. 27399
In Stock. Delivered in 2-3 business days.
Disappointed , whats app is not working
on 27 May 14
Lenin rated:

I was about to purchase this phone , But now i am getting the review like the phone is not supporting whats app.
Was this review helpful? Yes / No

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Why not use the communication method your mobile PHONE was designed for then, you know, the universal things that ALL phones can do like a phone call or maybe a text message. Stop feeling like you're entitled to have WhatsApp on your phones and move on!!!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Um, if they are working to FIX problems why do you need a campaign to bring it back? They've said it will be back when its been fixed, wouldn't the sensible thing be to wait till the issues are fixed?

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Um, if they are working to FIX problems why do you need a campaign to bring it back? They've said it will be back when its been fixed, wouldn't the sensible thing be to wait till the issues are fixed?

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk
I think its because it looks like there's some business going on behind the scenes. I should point out that if this is a problem with GDR3 as Joe Belfiore has said, the app hasn't been updated in a while and GDR3 came out in October. The BETA still works so they need to acknowledge and explain publicly via blogposts or something instead of sweeping it under the rug

tomwarren

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Guys please don't @ mention @tomwarren on Twitter. I've filtered it all out, but there's not much I can do to help here. Microsoft is fully aware.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys please don't @ mention @tomwarren on Twitter. I've filtered it all out, but there's not much I can do to help here. Microsoft is fully aware.
No MS is not. There is no need to unpublish the app, because it works just fine 90% of the time on my WP8.1 device, and it also did with GDR3. And even if notification would not work at all with GDR3, there is no need to unpublished it for those who are willing to manually open the app to check for new messages. It's better than nothing! So they are not aware at all of how important this app is to many people. This campaign is to let them know!!!!

CAMPAIN GOES ON!

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Unpublishing the app is like, as many others have said, cutting off an arm because of a finger ache. Sure the finger ache is gone, but you now have much bigger problems to deal with

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No MS is not. There is no need to unpublish the app, because it works just fine 90% of the time on my WP8.1 device, and it also did with GDR3. And even if notification would not work at all with GDR3, there is no need to unpublished it for those who are willing to manually open the app to check for new messages. It's better than nothing! So they are not aware at all of how important this app is to many people. This campaign is to let them know!!!!

CAMPAIN GOES ON!

They DO know. Your campaign won't change a thing. If they had managed to fix the issue, they'd re-released the app by now. And in the end, it's a flipping app, nothing more, nothing less. It's not crucial to the success or failure of an OS. I'm using Whatsapp myself, but if I couldn't, so be it. There are tons of alternatives out there, many that are even superiour to Whatsapp. And it's not even much of a deal to get friends to install another app in addition to Whatsapp.
All this whining is seriously driving me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte