#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Please show me a single line I dropped where I was insulting or aggressive. All I'm trying to point out is that threads like this, and especially this so called campaign are a waste of time. It won't help you get the update any day earlier. And you also don't need to make anyone responsible for the app aware of the issue, as they already know anyways.
Again, who are you to know how long it takes to fix whatever issue may exist? And who are you to judge whether it made sense to pull the app or not? Maybe the guys were afraid of bad ratings in the store or whatsoever. Whatever it made them pull it, they certainly had their reasons. And there is nothing you, me or any other one around here could do to make them revert their decision or throw out the update quicker.
And yes, I DO know what Whatsapp is. I have it installed on my 1520 and use it pretty much every day. But if I were in a position where I had to hard reset my device, I wouldn't cry a single tear for not being able to install Whatsapp again for a certain period of time. It's just not that important. It's a god damn app.
Look, I've been using WP pretty much ever since it came to see the light of day. I have spent several hundreds of bucks for apps and games. Many of which have been pulled in the meantime due to compatibility issues. So in this case real money is involved. Whatsapp is free. That flipping one buck you have to pay per year aside.

Just leave this topic already, nobody needs your faulty wisdom here.
Are you also going to post in pregnancy forums that the women shouldn't whine, because there is an option of not getting pregnant or abortion? Your options are no options. Just stay the heck out of things that don't concern you.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
So it's these $0.99 per year that makes you run rampant? Oo In this case you shouldn't even have purchased a smartphone I guess. Jesus.
No, I definitely do not swallow everything people throw at me. But I think about whether it's worth my time and energy starting off a discussion or not. And in this very case it's certainly not worth it. We're talking about Facebook here, dude. A company worth something between $75 billion and $100 billion. How much do you think they care about a bunch of whiny people bugging them through social networks? ;)

You have no idea how big Whatsapp is in India, its absence is a total deal breaker, don't believe me come here to India, offer a 1520 and crappy china made phone both for free and has to select one, but tell the guy that 1520 doesn't have whatsapp, he will simply select the crappy one. So its certainly more than the bunch that is whining.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
For the billionth time, MICROSOFT DID NOT UNPUBLISH THE APP
OK, fine, Microsoft is a victim too, but Microsoft has to move his ***, it is WP8 at stake.
If USA and MS people want to ignore the issue, or if it just a pose, it's up to them, but let me assure you or let me remind you:
outside USA a phone without whatsapp it is like a phone useless.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You have no idea how big Whatsapp is in India, its absence is a total deal breaker, don't believe me come here to India, offer a 1520 and crappy china made phone both for free and has to select one, but tell the guy that 1520 doesn't have whatsapp, he will simply select the crappy one. So its certainly more than the bunch that is whining.

The guy should be made aware then that it's not that Whatsapp is never ever going to come to Windows Phone, but just a matter of days or worst weeks until it's coming back. Definitely not that big a deal.

OK, fine, Microsoft is a victim too, but Microsoft has to move his ***, it is WP8 at stake.
If USA and MS people want to ignore the issue, or if it just a pose, it's up to them, but let me assure you or let me remind you:
outside USA a phone without whatsapp it is like a phone useless.

That's nonsense. It may be this huge in India, no idea. But the US ain't the only country where Whatsapp isn't as important as you guys keep claiming it to be.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The guy should be made aware then that it's not that Whatsapp is never ever going to come to Windows Phone, but just a matter of days or worst weeks until it's coming back. Definitely not that big a deal.

It wouldn't have been if it was a month ago or a month after this month, believe me this is totally affecting the sales of 630 in a negative way.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

That's nonsense. It may be this huge in India, no idea. But the US ain't the only country where Whatsapp isn't as important as you guys keep claiming it to be.

How do you know? And how many weeks? 4, 8, 10? Exactly its not big in US and hence you guys thinks thats its not important anywhere, like I said, its a must have app in India, any os or phone new india, the first question you get, does it have whatsapp? Thats how important it is.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just leave this topic already, nobody needs your faulty wisdom here.
Are you also going to post in pregnancy forums that the women shouldn't whine, because there is an option of not getting pregnant or abortion? Your options are no options. Just stay the heck out of things that don't concern you.
Forget India. The UK as well. Any phone without WA has got to be pretty damn spectacular and the 630,is not

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It wouldn't have been if it was a month ago or a month after this month, believe me this is totally affecting the sales of 630 in a negative way.
No doubt about that. But it's just one small thing that's affecting the sales of WP devices. Instagram wasn't available for ages, Kik has stopped supporting the platform over a year ago, there's still no official Pinterest app, decreasing support for XBL games and what not. There are so many rough edges that have to be polished, so many construction zones that have to be completed and so many improvements that still have to be made, that's it's plain ridiculous to focus on a single missing messenger app. Especially if we all know it's coming back sooner or later anyways.
See, I don't complain that people care about it. I don't complain that people wonder and ask about it. What I actually DO complain about though is the gigantic fuzz that's been build around the entire situation. It's just exaggerated.

How do you know? And how many weeks? 4, 8, 10? Exactly its not big in US and hence you guys thinks thats its not important anywhere, like I said, its a must have app in India, any os or phone new india, the first question you get, does it have whatsapp? Thats how important it is.

I'm not from the US, I'm from Germany. ;)

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
No doubt about that. But it's just one small thing that's affecting the sales of WP devices. Instagram wasn't available for ages, Kik has stopped supporting the platform over a year ago, there's still no official Pinterest app, decreasing support for XBL games and what not. There are so many rough edges that have to be polished, so many construction zones that have to be completed and so many improvements that still have to be made, that's it's plain ridiculous to focus on a single missing messenger app. Especially if we all know it's coming back sooner or later anyways.
See, I don't complain that people care about it. I don't complain that people wonder and ask about it. What I actually DO complain about though is the gigantic fuzz that's been build around the entire situation. It's just exaggerated.

People in India cannot be without whatsapp even a single day, thats how much it has penetrated people's life. Plus we become the laughing stock for choosing WP instead of much more stable and established iOS and Android.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm not from the US, I'm from Germany. ;)

I'm getting speechless with you. We do not need to hear from you the missing WhatsApp is not a big deal. Apparently to us it is. Can you PLEASE just exit? You won't ever understand.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: #BringBackWhatsappOnWP CAMPAIGN

I only wish people stopped complaining about other people complaining and start understanding their point of view and how one app is extremely important in their day to day life. I only wish people show support to those affected by this, and not throw stones at them.

I get that. It's an extremely important app for a lot of people. I will never use WhatsApp - simply because of all the nonsense perpetrated in its name on these forums - but if suddenly SMS/MMS were taken from my phone I would be at a total loss.

But support? No, no way, I'm sorry, I can't support a bunch of Veruca Salts crying out that the app - whose return has been promised by both Microsoft and the app developers themselves - isn't returning as fast as they'd like. The people complaining and starting Twitter hashtag "campaigns" have no idea what the actual problem is. They might know the *symptoms*, but they don't have any clue in the wide world what it will take to fix it. They've never seen the source code, they don't know how involved that source code is, and they don't know if it truly is a simple fix or a major rewrite of significant portions of code. They just don't know, they're complaining out of ignorance. Pure and simple ignorance. Oh, and entitlement, too.

Here's something to think about: WhatsApp has released updates to the app in the past without pulling it from the store. If it were a simple fix, why wouldn't they just do what they've done before, make the quick fix, and update the app? The fact they pulled it from the store should be indicative that it's not just a simple, quick fix. The fact that Microsoft themselves is helping them should also be indicative that it's not just a simple, quick fix.

So yeah, it sucks for the people who rely on it that it's not available right now. But I can't support this campaign and fully believe it's doing more damage, causing more frustration, and making things worse than doing anything else.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I get that. It's an extremely important app for a lot of people. I will never use WhatsApp - simply because of all the nonsense perpetrated in its name on these forums - but if suddenly SMS/MMS were taken from my phone I would be at a total loss. This is how we feel without WhatsApp

But support? No, no way, I'm sorry, I can't support a bunch of Veruca Salts crying out that the app - whose return has been promised by both Microsoft and the app developers themselves - isn't returning as fast as they'd like. The people complaining and starting Twitter hashtag "campaigns" have no idea what the actual problem is. They might know the *symptoms*, but they don't have any clue in the wide world what it will take to fix it. They've never seen the source code, they don't know how involved that source code is, and they don't know if it truly is a simple fix or a major rewrite of significant portions of code. They just don't know, they're complaining out of ignorance. Pure and simple ignorance. Oh, and entitlement, too.

Here's something to think about: WhatsApp has released updates to the app in the past without pulling it from the store. If it were a simple fix, why wouldn't they just do what they've done before, make the quick fix, and update the app? The fact they pulled it from the store should be indicative that it's not just a simple, quick fix. The fact that Microsoft themselves is helping them should also be indicative that it's not just a simple, quick fix.

So yeah, it sucks for the people who rely on it that it's not available right now. But I can't support this campaign and fully believe it's doing more damage, causing more frustration, and making things worse than doing anything else.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I get that. It's an extremely important app for a lot of people. I will never use WhatsApp - simply because of all the nonsense perpetrated in its name on these forums - but if suddenly SMS/MMS were taken from my phone I would be at a total loss.

Couldn't have been said any better. +1000! Unfortunately, the majority of people around here won't understand a single word anyways.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
You know... you could use another messaging app. There are many of them out there. Just saying.
The issue is, 99% of people use Whatsapp. It's like the Facebook and Twitter of messaging apps combined. Saying you can use another social network is true, but besides the flipping point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss