#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How does that affect Windows Phone 8.1 and,7.X. Use your brain....

I don't know.

But here's the important part: EITHER DO YOU. No one knows aside of the WhatsApp developers. And if they believe that the problems warrant removal from the store - as opposed to a quick update like they've done in the past - that should be telling you something. Maybe the problem is much bigger than any of you #BringBackWhatsApp'ers realize.

Maybe you should use your brain, engage whatever critical thinking skills are floating around in your soupy gray matter.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: #BringBackWhatsappOnWP CAMPAIGN

I get that. It's an extremely important app for a lot of people. I will never use WhatsApp - simply because of all the nonsense perpetrated in its name on these forums - but if suddenly SMS/MMS were taken from my phone I would be at a total loss.

But support? No, no way, I'm sorry, I can't support a bunch of Veruca Salts crying out that the app - whose return has been promised by both Microsoft and the app developers themselves - isn't returning as fast as they'd like. The people complaining and starting Twitter hashtag "campaigns" have no idea what the actual problem is. They might know the *symptoms*, but they don't have any clue in the wide world what it will take to fix it. They've never seen the source code, they don't know how involved that source code is, and they don't know if it truly is a simple fix or a major rewrite of significant portions of code. They just don't know, they're complaining out of ignorance. Pure and simple ignorance. Oh, and entitlement, too.

Here's something to think about: WhatsApp has released updates to the app in the past without pulling it from the store. If it were a simple fix, why wouldn't they just do what they've done before, make the quick fix, and update the app? The fact they pulled it from the store should be indicative that it's not just a simple, quick fix. The fact that Microsoft themselves is helping them should also be indicative that it's not just a simple, quick fix.

So yeah, it sucks for the people who rely on it that it's not available right now. But I can't support this campaign and fully believe it's doing more damage, causing more frustration, and making things worse than doing anything else.

The reason for doing this campaign is not to whine, but to be vocal, to show that there are more WP users than what meets the eye, to show that we won't be given a third grade treatment. Remove whatsapp from playstore or apple store, you will see and twitter campaign within 24hrs, while we WP lot have been patient and understanding to give 2 weeks to whatsapp to fix their software, as we know, neither WP nor whatsapp for WP are fully matured.

So join or leave, as you said you can't join, then you may leave and let the people do they want.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Then the tumor is excised

EXACTLY.

A tumor is a much bigger issue than a simple finger ache. If this were a simple finger ache, I'm sure WhatsApp would just massage the finger and send the patient home (i.e. issue a quick app update). But it's evidently not the case, as the WhatsApp app has been whisked off to surgery (i.e. pulled from the store) where they're excising the tumor. After the patient recovers and is given a clean bill of health, they'll be sent home (i.e. back to the app store).

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The issue is, it seems like its not an app problem but a business deal or something. I don't know, but do you remember Joe Belfiore saying that the app is a problem,with GDR 3 and that 8.1 uses a different notification,core. I sure do. If Mr. JB has spoken, then either you are saying he doesn't know what he's talking about or you don't care and,just want people to stop badgering you. I'm pretty sure what everyone here wants is some acknowledgment and an official timeline. Including me. Now, please, get lost.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

The reason for doing this campaign is not to whine, but to be vocal, to show that there are more WP users than what meets the eye, to show that we won't be given a third grade treatment. Remove whatsapp from playstore or apple store, you will see and twitter campaign within 24hrs, while we WP lot have been patient and understanding to give 2 weeks to whatsapp to fix their software, as we know, neither WP nor whatsapp for WP are fully matured.

So join or leave, as you said you can't join, then you may leave and let the people do they want.

Hallelujah.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Whatsapp is 100% aware of Windows phone. They even have a BB10 and hell, I think they're on Asha too.

Also, would everyone stop tweeting Tom Warren and Daniel Rubino. They block your tweets when you use that hashtag.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
EXACTLY.

A tumor is a much bigger issue than a simple finger ache. If this were a simple finger ache, I'm sure WhatsApp would just massage the finger and send the patient home (i.e. issue a quick app update). But it's evidently not the case, as the WhatsApp app has been whisked off to surgery (i.e. pulled from the store) where they're excising the tumor. After the patient recovers and is given a clean bill of health, they'll be sent home (i.e. back to the app store).
I'm pretty sure,doctors don't go, OMG lung cancer, time to cut out the lungs...(pull from store). Instead, they use therapy and surgery (updates) to fix.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The reason for doing this campaign is not to whine, but to be vocal, to show that there are more WP users than what meets the eye

Do you honestly believe that WhatsApp doesn't already know exactly how many WP users they have? Do you honestly believe that the only way they'll know is by a Twitter campaign which takes their attention AWAY from fixing the problem?

They couldn't, you know, be checking the server and usage logs, and already have that exact information? They couldn't, you know, have made the decision to pull the app fully knowing how many WP users they have and believing it to be the right decision?

I can't leave, sorry. I want WP to succeed. But I firmly believe this campaign is doing more damage than it is helping.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
EXACTLY.

You seem assume many things, given the track record of apps appearing on WP, I wouldn't trust the surgeons.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that Whatsapp is 100% aware of Windows phone. They even have a BB10 and hell, I think they're on Asha too.

Also, would everyone stop tweeting Tom Warren and Daniel Rubino. They block your tweets when you use that hashtag.

Indeed, they are removing the tweets.. omg insane.. speechless how they ignore us..

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

Do you honestly believe that WhatsApp doesn't already know exactly how many WP users they have? Do you honestly believe that the only way they'll know is by a Twitter campaign which takes their attention AWAY from fixing the problem?

They couldn't, you know, be checking the server and usage logs, and already have that exact information? They couldn't, you know, have made the decision to pull the app fully knowing how many WP users they have and believing it to be the right decision?

I can't leave, sorry. I want WP to succeed. But I firmly believe this campaign is doing more damage than it is helping.

Oh they do know, but they need to be reminded that we won't be treated like a third class citizen even if WP is on 3rd rank. They purpose of this campaign is to unite all WP users against this kind of treatment irrespective of whether they use whatsapp or not

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You seem assume many things, given the track record of apps appearing on WP, I wouldn't trust the surgeons.

I'm not making any assumptions. I don't know why the app was pulled any more than does anyone else. I'm just counseling that there might be a very good reason that it was pulled, and that running around screaming for it to be put back seems a little counter-productive.

A question for you, following the whole doctor/patient analogy: you don't trust the surgeons (WhatsApp), yet you're willing to scream to the heavens for their services and rely on them as your primary health care (IM) providers? That seems a little odd, doesn't it? If you don't trust them to make the right decisions with their app and their service, why would you rely on them so heavily?

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not making any assumptions. I don't know why the app was pulled any more than does anyone else. I'm just counseling that there might be a very good reason that it was pulled, and that running around screaming for it to be put back seems a little counter-productive.

A question for you, following the whole doctor/patient analogy: you don't trust the surgeons (WhatsApp), yet you're willing to scream to the heavens for their services and rely on them as your primary health care (IM) providers? That seems a little odd, doesn't it? If you don't trust them to make the right decisions with their app and their service, why would you rely on them so heavily?

Yep, a necessary evil you know, I like hike way more than whatsapp, but since everyone i know is on whatsapp as compared to only 1% of my contact list on hike or other IMs, have to go with whatsapp, i am even ok with a crappy app, honestly sparing 1-2 times, whatsapp never gave any major issue to me. I can't come to a peace with the whole "notification issue" cause it simply doesn't fit. I don't even think this is even a technical issue, its just a cover up.

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

Let them campaign, when nothing changes they'll soon learn that Whatsapp really don't care.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

Well, the important thing is that you've found a way to feel superior to everyone
How did you get that out of my post? All I'm saying is if you've got to leave, leave. Enjoy whatever you get next. I don't see how I think I'm superior to anyone or anything. Whatever.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yep, a necessary evil you know

You and I are very different people. I don't trust Google, so I don't use their services. I don't care how many of my friends are on Google+, there are... hundreds of other ways for us to keep in touch. There are far too many alternatives out there for pretty much everything in technology for anything to be a necessary evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss