#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Those people, who dont want to support, can leave and stop bullsh*ting here. let people do what they want to. if they want to make campaign then let them. you are no one to tell them stop doing all this. if you can't support, stay out of this. This thread is for them who want to make this campaign and who want to support not for those who will come here and start bullsh*tng!

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: #BringBackWhatsappOnWP CAMPAIGN

Let them campaign, when nothing changes they'll soon learn that Whatsapp really don't care.

Exactly let people campaign, even if whatsapp, Microsoft or Facebook ignores this, at least people will feel content in their hearts that they didn't just sit there with their hands folded and actually tried to do something for the situation. If you don't agree no one is forcing you to agree on it, you can simply leave this thread and get back to your life and invest your energy and time to things better than complaining here about people whining around some app that is pulled away.

swapnil wajpe

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
You and I are very different people. I don't trust Google, so I don't use their services. I don't care how many of my friends are on Google+, there are... hundreds of other ways for us to keep in touch. There are far too many alternatives out there for pretty much everything in technology for anything to be a necessary evil.

Agree there are hundreds of ways, but there is always the one that is at the top, most used and most desired that is pretty much everywhere, whatsapp is that one. I also don't like Google and have shifted away from everything Google, only use their search engine, no docs, no drive, no mail, not even browser.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Those people, who dont want to support, can leave and stop bullsh*ting here. let people do what they want to. if they want to make campaign then let them. you are no one to tell them stop doing all this. if you can't support, stay out of this. This thread is for them who want to make this campaign and who want to support not for those who will come here and start bullsh*tng!
As you wish. Back to the whining, which was already in progress!

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So... I want to try to convince the #BringBackWhatsApp'ers that the campaign is ultimately damaging the situation. Do I get to do that? Or no?

Please do. In one post, as long as you want. Try not to make use of any logical fallacies and support your points with evidence

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Please do. In one post, as long as you want. Try not to make use of any logical fallacies and support your points with evidence

Ok, those are fine ground rules. Do you #BringBackWhatsApp'ers have to follow the same rules? Or can you randomly throw out all your logical fallacies [sic] at will?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Ok, those are fine ground rules. Do you #BringBackWhatsApp'ers have to follow the same rules? Or can you randomly throw out all your logical fallacies [sic] at will?

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather you engage with me directly. I'll try not to, if I fall into that trap, feel free to call me out.

bionicgt

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
GUYS NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO DO IT AND JOIN US. Don't do it. Just don't do it and leave the thread.

WE'RE IN FOR TOMORROWS CAMPAIGN!

Move to another platform?
Yeah right. Because group messaging will make everyone at work give it Telegram or Line a try, you know it's not even about me but the new customers and the incredible amount of crap we WP get with this treatment.
I feel for my friend who just bought a Lumia 625 three days ago. He called me desperately cause early May I told him nothing but great things about Lumia.i feel for him who is devastated that he bought a useless phone where he can't join a group cause all his work mates and buddies won't switch to WeChat just because he's the laughing stock. It's more than whining.
You guys don't understand the impact, I love in Guatemala and just like in India and UK a phone without Whatsapp is definitely a feature phone. Whether you like it OR NOT.
Half a billion users and growing, you don't care then just stop trying people to not do anything, if Windows Phone will never ever HAVE APPS THAT WORK AT LEAST DECENTLY, I'm pretty pretty pretty sure that MANY will move to iOS and probably WP will soon enter the Symbian, BB OS and Tizen cemetery... This goes beyond just that one missing app were whining about. This goes hand in hand with many other things.

#BRINGBACKWHATSAPP NEEDS TO TREND TOMORROW! EMAIL AND FACEBOOK !

Sent from my Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for everyone, but I'd rather you engage with me directly. I'll try not to, if I fall into that trap, feel free to call me out.

Let's start with this one: you said, "The issue is, it seems like its not an app problem but a business deal or something. I don't know, but do you remember Joe Belfiore saying that the app is a problem,with GDR 3 and that 8.1 uses a different notification,core..."

We all know that WhatsApp has had notification problems on WP since... well, ever. We also know that WhatsApp is still using the volume hack even as recently as its most current version. You state you recall Joe Belfiore saying that it was a known problem with GDR3 and that WP 8.1 uses a totally different notification core.

So... if WhatsApp is known to use a hack and had known problems with notifications in GDR3, given that WP 8.1 uses a different notification core, isn't the logical jump that there must be really big, systemic issues with WhatsApp on WP 8.1 - as both WhatsApp and Microsoft confirmed when then pulled the app - and not some shady business deal that is certain to anger loyal Windows Phone WhatsApp users?

Isn't, then, the next logical jump that really big, systemic issues would require significant work and modifications to the application, larger than a quick fix, which might take some time to properly implement and test? Couldn't also a logical jump be that maybe WhatsApp wants to take this opportunity to finally correct the hack they've been using, which would require an entire new routine to be coded and tested otherwise there wouldn't have been a hack used in the first place?

All of the logical evidence points to really big, systemic issues with the app. No one knows what is actually happening behind the scenes with any app they put on their phone except for that app's developers. No one sees the source code, no one knows what tricks, shortcuts, or hacks were used in writing that application, but we DO know that WhatsApp did use known hacks. How do you logically jump from "wow, this app is messed up, because it's messed up they don't want anyone else using it, and they're trying to fix it" to a shady business deal that seems to purposely eff with loyal users?

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Indeed, they are removing the tweets.. omg insane.. speechless how they ignore us..

That's how anyone with at least the slightest bit of common sense would treat an annoying bunch of bugging people.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

And neither you nor them are keeping us from sharing our opinion about what - in our eyes - is the least helpful thing to do.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site

Meanwhile I'm using my old blackberry. Some say it's just 2 weeks without WhatsApp. It's just being fixed. Don't worry. It's no big deal. But in fact it could be as well to be 4 weeks or 4 months, as nobody gives us an explanation, and above all, some kind of calendar. I'm in Spain, same problem than in Netherland, India, etc...: I'm the only one with WP and I can't force everyone around me to switch to another messaging tool.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Then why is WhatsApp still functioning for most people, even if not everybody gets notifications all the time?

I don't know. That's the entire point. If you knew anything about application development or troubleshooting, you'd realize that problems which are unable to be consistently recreated are the absolute worst to try to fix. And if you had that knowledge, you'd also realize that problems which cannot be consistently recreated take longer to fix.

So stop your gay talk!

Really? Can't keep up intellectually so you have to resort to offensive insults?

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Some people need to simmer down about whatsapp it will come back soon no doubt. And if you love it so much why didn't you have it installed already. Fair point if you had to reset your phone you're just unlucky but no doubts it will be back soon

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
The more I look at this thread the more I think " what's the point of spamming WhatsApp" when all that is getting nowhere . They are aware that alot of people "need it" and working on getting a fix on this app .

There is a point when a movement raising awareness becomes bothersome and not very constructive . Again they are working on a fix so this does seem kinda pointless to do this

banoob

May 30, 2014
Visit site
That's how anyone with at least the slightest bit of common sense would treat an annoying bunch of bugging people.

Annoying bunch of people??? Excuse me! Stop insulting us. You sir, you should leave this topic. I never post, but I had to make an account just for this. I'm getting extremely annoyed by your attitude towards everyone here. If you don't care about all this, what the hell on earth are you doing here. You are an insult to all the people that actually do understand the gravity of this problem. You are reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss