#BringBackWhatsapp CAMPAIGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

banoob

May 30, 2014
Visit site
They already said time after time that its going to come back when its fixed. So not sure where this winning is coming from ._.
We don't need to wait for a fix, we can be quiet and happy when they just republish the current version. We are saying this time after time, are you deaf?

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
We don't need to wait for a fix, we can be quiet and happy when they just republish the current version. We are saying this time after time, are you deaf?

So they can republish the app for negative reviews? Sounds ridiculous to me and the other posters. I also find it ironic that you call me deaf when the same thing can be said to you but I'm not going there because calling you out wouldn't help the situation another thing , calling me deaf also isn't helping the situation ;)

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
What you haven't explained is WHY the app needed to be removed in order to be fixed? If the app works fine, then all that was necessary was finding the problem, fixing it, and releasing it when,it was ready. Case in point, Xbox Music. Now when,the 8.1 app came out it was borderline unusable. No one would, however, argue that Microsoft should have pulled the appuntil it was usable. It's absurd

I see your point, but disagree
1. WA is not the same as the stock music player on WP, simple as that, the reaction would have been vastly different. Imagine MS removing their mail client or Internet Explorer? This is their OS and they have to have a music player in it, even if it wasn't good to begin with.
2. Before WA was pulled, there were a lot of people not happy with the consumer version of the app not being updated for months and many faced notifications problems. A lot of people were urging everyone to rate the app with 1 star, upvote negative ratings and downvote positive ratings. Not long after the app was removed. I'm not saying that in itself lead to WA removing the app. But I think they realized they had a problem, the decide to remove the app while they solve it to avoid any more negative comments in the store. Also when they re-list the app I believe they'll be able to start from scratch, therefore shedding all the negative ratings and comments.
3. In your response you still have not elaborated on what you meant by "business deal or something".

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ebuka Allison said:
What you haven't explained is WHY the app needed to be removed in order to be fixed?

I haven't, because I don't know. Neither do you. The only people who know are the developers who just might know a bit more about how their app works than we do. If they've decided to pull it now with WP 8.1 - knowing full well that they used a hack and had problems with GDR3 and did NOT pull it - isn't that telling you that there might be bigger problems? Why did they NOT pull it from the store before WP 8.1? The ONLY logical answer is that whatever hacks and tricks they pulled could be disastrous on WP 8.1.

Ebuka Allison said:
In addition, whatever big issues there are can be fixed without pulling the app.

Are you a developer? Are you a developer for WhatsApp? My money is on "no" being the answer for both of them. That being the case, you do not know if the app could be fixed without pulling it. What if they discovered that on 8.1 - with the hacks and code they wrote - there was a chance that bigger problems could occur? And what if the only way to fix that was a massive re-write of significant portions of their app? Would you - as WhatsApp - want to keep the app available in that circumstance? Would you want the chance of someone starting a Twitter campaign against you because you left your app available and it erased all the info on a user's phone or something?

Come on, instead of using your mind to harness anger and rise up against WhatsApp, consider ALL the possibilities. Keep your mind open.

Now. All of that said, you asked me to call you out if you had put out any logical fallacies [sic]. I did, and you have failed to address it. Were your words simply lip service, designed to placate me into not posting in this thread any longer?

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't, because I don't know. Neither do you. The only people who know are the developers who just might know a bit more about how their app works than we do. If they've decided to pull it now with WP 8.1 - knowing full well that they used a hack and had problems with GDR3 and did NOT pull it - isn't that telling you that there might be bigger problems? Why did they NOT pull it from the store before WP 8.1? The ONLY logical answer is that whatever hacks and tricks they pulled could be disastrous on WP 8.1.

Are you a developer? Are you a developer for WhatsApp? My money is on "no" being the answer for both of them. That being the case, you do not know if the app could be fixed without pulling it. What if they discovered that on 8.1 - with the hacks and code they wrote - there was a chance that bigger problems could occur? And what if the only way to fix that was a massive re-write of significant portions of their app? Would you - as WhatsApp - want to keep the app available in that circumstance? Would you want the chance of someone starting a Twitter campaign against you because you left your app available and it erased all the info on a user's phone or something?

Come on, instead of using your mind to harness anger and rise up against WhatsApp, consider ALL the possibilities. Keep your mind open.

Now. All of that said, you asked me to call you out if you had put out any logical fallacies [sic]. I did, and you have failed to address it. Were your words simply lip service, designed to placate me into not posting in this thread any longer?
Hmm, guess you're right. Joe Belfiore probably didn't know what he was talking about when he said it affects update 3 and not 8.1 /s
In addition, was the [sic] really needed?
Let's start with this one: you said, "The issue is, it seems like its not an app problem but a business deal or something. I don't know, but do you remember Joe Belfiore saying that the app is a problem,with GDR 3 and that 8.1 uses a different notification,core..."

We all know that WhatsApp has had notification problems on WP since... well, ever. We also know that WhatsApp is still using the volume hack even as recently as its most current version. You state you recall Joe Belfiore saying that it was a known problem with GDR3 and that WP 8.1 uses a totally different notification core.

So... if WhatsApp is known to use a hack and had known problems with notifications in GDR3, given that WP 8.1 uses a different notification core, isn't the logical jump that there must be really big, systemic issues with WhatsApp on WP 8.1 - as both WhatsApp and Microsoft confirmed when then pulled the app - and not some shady business deal that is certain to anger loyal Windows Phone WhatsApp users? No, that is an assertion supported by nothing since Whatsapp works fine for all intents and purposes on 8.1. If it was such a risk, Microsoft could have wiped it from everyone's phone

Isn't, then, the next logical jump that really big, systemic issues would require significant work and modifications to the application, larger than a quick fix, which might take some time to properly implement and test? Couldn't also an illogical jump be that maybe WhatsApp wants to take this opportunity to finally correct the hack they've been using [a hack, which is no longer in use you might have noticed.], which would require an entire new routine to be coded and tested otherwise there wouldn't have been a hack used in the first place?Apps are not physical goods. They do not need to be removed to be fixed. What ever world shattering problem it is could have been fixed without the app being pulled.

All of the logical evidence points to really big, systemic issues with the app. No one knows what is actually happening behind the scenes with any app they put on their phone except for that app's developers. No one sees the source code, no one knows what tricks, shortcuts, or hacks were used in writing that application, but we DO know that WhatsApp did use known hacks. How do you logically jump from "wow, this app is messed up, because it's messed up they don't want anyone else using it, and they're trying to fix it" to a shady business deal that seems to purposely eff with loyal users?
Hopefully this campaign will lead them to issue a statement or something...that's all.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Do you have to be so ?$%/ing rude?

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Company acquisitions are not some magic thing that occurs instantly. Facebook and Whatsapp are not yet together, just like Microsoft and Nokia before April

You are comparing an acquisition of a division of a foreign and multinational public company that required shareholder approval, two regulator approvals, not to mention a tax issue in India and general international tax planning with an acquisition of a private company that is based in US. Two very different things.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, guess you're right. Joe Belfiore probably didn't know what he was talking about when he said it affects update 3 and not 8.1 /s
In addition, was the [sic] really needed?

Hopefully this campaign will lead them to issue a statement or something...that's all.

The music api hack is still being used, just not to the same extent as before.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

Fair enough, but "moreover, the decision of the European Union will in no way prevent the closure of the acquisition deal" this was taken as precautionary measure as WA does not generate enough revenues to require actual clearance from EU commission, so still different thresholds and complexities for approval and you still haven't factored in legal, tax, public entity, which all complicate things significantly.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough, but "moreover, the decision of the European Union will in no way prevent the closure of the acquisition deal" this was taken as precautionary measure as WA does not generate enough revenues to require actual clearance from EU commission, so still different thresholds and complexities for approval and you still haven't factored in legal, tax, public entity, which all complicate things significantly.
The point is that Facebook =/= whatsapp

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
The point is that Facebook =/= whatsapp

The point is, since this is a review and not approval, the deal is likely not conditional on it and possibly closed and Facebook=WA.
The point is, using MS acquisition of a Nokia division as an explanation for why facebook =/=WA is completely wrong as they were two drastically different deals from the execution perspective.
The point is, one way or the other, you really think Facebook can't influence WA at this point?!

Btw we're still waiting for the "business deal" explanation from you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb