[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Yesterday whatsapp on android got updated. Here on WP we still don't have audio share and save option.
Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

I guess you must be on 8.1 . Whatsapp devs have the option to add these features on 8.1 but they have not. They are really lazy devs.. what can I say! :eck:

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Since the main topic is IM. I will post what I have found. So we can at least follow their proceedings. They are all in private beta. Only invited users are allowed to take a part of these testings.

Viber Beta:

20 MB - 7/21/2014 - 4.2.898.0

Viber beta RC4 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

BBM Beta:

13 MB - 7/18/2014 - 1.0.0.3

BBM | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Whatsapp Beta:

16 MB - 6/27/2014 - 2.11.518.0

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I can confirm that the noise from the speaker is gone! But still no wp8.1 optimized:(

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

lets make it short. I bought new 925 and I want to move my Whatsapp account to it from my 928. BUT i want to move my chat history (one person) also. If I manually backup whatsapp on 928 and then activate my number on 925 will I be able to restore that backup or not? Thank you

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

The backup is in the isolated storage.. So it wont work! That's WhatsApp fault because with wp8.1 there are APIs to backup the isolated storage to onedrive.. In the beta this feature isn't present too.

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
lets make it short. I bought new 925 and I want to move my Whatsapp account to it from my 928. BUT i want to move my chat history (one person) also. If I manually backup whatsapp on 928 and then activate my number on 925 will I be able to restore that backup or not? Thank you

Yes, you should be able to restore the backed-up chat history.

I hard reset my phone last week and after reinstalling WhatsApp I was able to restore from my last backed-up history.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Thank You Thank You Thank You for conforming this.
I wanted HR my phone for few months by now but was afraid to lose WhatsApps history :)

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Hold your horses ;-) bssnik is correct, there's no way to move WA history from one phone to another. Gaurav seems to be talking about resetting your phone and then restoring the WA backup on that same phone.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Hold your horses ;-) bssnik is correct, there's no way to move WA history from one phone to another. Gaurav seems to be talking about resetting your phone and then restoring the WA backup on that same phone.
Even that's fine with me))

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Earlier I asked here if I can move chat history from my 928 to 925 using the SAME phone number. I can confirm this now (as bssnik said) WA doesn't allow move history from one phone (WP) to another.

There is another option "change my number" - it says it will move my conversations from Old to New number. I didnt try it. But I believe it works only if the process is done on the same device.

Sadly my new 925 is kind of useless for me now. I need that conversation with This VIP on 925. I'll give it to my lil bro, good upgrade from old 710 :)

Thanks for answers on previous post :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb