06-11-2017 11:20 AM
1,776 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    wow, they started fast to this week, and beta updated to v572 on 13th Oct.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    broar94 likes this.
    10-13-2014 02:24 AM
    There are tricks to send audio/video files. You may checkout threads related to whatsapp tips and tricks. I do send mp3/any video files/ringtones without any issues.
    Please share how to attach mp3 files. Also my main concern about WhatsApp is not releasing update with all the features which are there on Android and IOS from ages. WP WhatsApp feels like antiquated version with lack of features.
    10-13-2014 07:34 AM
    You can navigate to this thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-whatsapp.html

As you see WhatsApp Beta is continuously getting updated so they will bring in those features for sure. Current version(Public) is more than sufficient to complete your daily needs of IMs, in my case at least. I would patiently wait for new updates :-)
    10-13-2014 07:47 AM
    You can navigate to this thread:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...-whatsapp.html

As you see WhatsApp Beta is continuously getting updated so they will bring in those features for sure. Current version(Public) is more than sufficient to complete your daily needs of IMs, in my case at least. I would patiently wait for new updates :-)
    1. public version hasnt been updated for 4 months.
    2. beta is better than the public version.
    3. if they release beta as public now it would be much better than the current public version.
    4. although beta has been updated occassionaly, we cannot say it has been updated frequently, sometimes updated 3 updates / week, sometimes 1-2 updates / month.
    5. beta adds little tweaks and bug fixes, in terms of new features it adds nothing.
    6. android / ios version is like a ferrari, while windows phone version is like sedan.
    10-13-2014 02:56 PM
    1. public version hasnt been updated for 4 months.
    2. beta is better than the public version.
    3. if they release beta as public now it would be much better than the current public version.
    4. although beta has been updated occassionaly, we cannot say it has been updated frequently, sometimes updated 3 updates / week, sometimes 1-2 updates / month.
    5. beta adds little tweaks and bug fixes, in terms of new features it adds nothing.
    6. android / ios version is like a ferrari, while windows phone version is like sedan.
    Completely agree with you. That's what my point is about WhatsApp for WP. Sometimes I feel that should go for android just for WhatsApp but it's the love for windows phone that refrains me. Hope WhatsApp people are listening to us and would release update with new features at the earliest.
    Ultimate Insider likes this.
    10-13-2014 10:15 PM
    guys read here if want to read some news about next version reddit[dot]com/r/windowsphone/comments/2j7c1s/new_whatsapp_very_soon_in_wp_store/
    itshimanshu likes this.
    10-14-2014 05:26 AM
    guys read here if want to read some news about next version reddit[dot]com/r/windowsphone/comments/2j7c1s/new_whatsapp_very_soon_in_wp_store/
    When exactly is "very soon".
    P.S: Why do you do that to links?
    10-14-2014 07:08 AM
    10-14-2014 07:49 AM
    10-14-2014 07:53 AM
    Looks like except mp3 addition and different colour for group chat all the things will be equal to android version now...
    10-14-2014 07:55 AM
    When exactly is "very soon".
    P.S: Why do you do that to links?
    Because... he can't post links yet.
    10-14-2014 08:06 AM
    When is next version expected...
    10-14-2014 08:18 AM
    Soon
    10-14-2014 08:19 AM
    They should release it already
    10-14-2014 08:22 AM
    What those basic features are? I find whatsapp on windows phone pretty good and curious to know about those basic features that android has for past years.

Go through whatsapp on Android or IOS you will come to what and how many new features wp is missing.
    10-14-2014 09:37 AM
    Go through whatsapp on Android or IOS you will come to what and how many new features wp is missing.
    I think whatsapp is even better on s40 than WP.
    10-14-2014 09:58 AM
    I think whatsapp is even better on s40 than WP.

Agree
    10-14-2014 10:01 AM
    I don't need to go through Android or iOS equivalent as I already have used it. If you say "basic features" then you should be able to list those. There is a difference between basic feature and add-on/enhanced features. I believe the features you are referring are enhanced one and not basic. WhatsApp allows you to send/receive IMs/Videos/Audios, so basic features are covered :-)
    Devs are working on WA for WP equivalent and sooner or later, we'll get those features. Have some patience bro :-)
    10-14-2014 10:26 AM
    Audio share and save to sd card or phone memory isn't available on wp yet. API's now allow to do this. Selecting multiple texts. Battery drainer app. I guess you use whatsapp very less and about patience lol 4 months isn't that enough. I am not a developer but i can surely say a person can make an app in a week. Whatsapp isn't a small firm so 4 months are more than enough.

Nokia Lumia 925 India
    10-14-2014 10:30 AM
    I can share audios and can save files on my SD card. Not sure, what device you use :-)
    Multiple text selection is enhanced feature and we may get it in next updates. I know how developments goes and as devs are working on Beta, so you should understand that they will publish new updates unless they make sure that new updates/tweaks are stable and optimized. They don't want the public version to be unstable and that's the reason they are continuously testing and updating Beta version. I agree that WA is battery drainer and it needs optimization.
    10-14-2014 10:47 AM
    I can share audios and can save files on my SD card. Not sure, what device you use :-)
    Multiple text selection is enhanced feature and we may get it in next updates. I know how developments goes and as devs are working on Beta, so you should understand that they will publish new updates unless they make sure that new updates/tweaks are stable and optimized. They don't want the public version to be unstable and that's the reason they are continuously testing and updating Beta version. I agree that WA is battery drainer and it needs optimization.

You share audio by that trick. So thats not the solution behind it. If someone asks me for a song for that I'll have to rename it then move to camera roll. Don't you find that embarrassing?
    10-14-2014 11:15 AM
    In WP, audio/video/documents are stored in separate system folder and OS does not allow any app to access files stored in those folders. You can access those through Files app or any file manager app. Picture hub stores pics and videos shot by your phone camera along with those videos/pics that are shared to you via whatsapp. Now, in order to send those audio/video files already stored in you SD card/Phone Memory in folders other than Picture hub, you have to move/copy those files to Picture hub and rename it with extension(mp4/jpg) so that WP understands it as a recognised file format in Picture hub. Being said, its a WP limitation/restriction and not an issue with WhatsApp or any other app. That's why this trick is needed and you will never get a direct share option on whatsapp unless WP allows it to do so. To answer your second question, its not at all embarrassing as it just requires a few seconds to achieve this.
    10-14-2014 11:30 AM
    So is it okay to make us wait for 4 months for an update in which you can just attach mp3?? So that we need to wait for another 4 months to get multiple selection option in next update
    10-14-2014 11:38 AM
    So is it okay to make us wait for 4 months for an update in which you can just attach mp3?? So that we need to wait for another 4 months to get multiple selection option in next update
    forthcoming update/future updates will not allow you to send mp3 files directly from your phone! WA is not publishing updates for public version because developers still think that latest features/tweaks/bug fixes need more testing. It's nothing wrong to keep your latest release in testing rather to publish an unstable/problamatic update. No developer committs about timeline when it comes to publishing updates as it highly depends upon complexity of application. I understand it and I am absolutely fine with delay and I'll wait for a stable update. Being said, waiting for an update is hightly subjective and I casted my opinion on this. You may not be okay with this delay and its your perspective.
    10-14-2014 12:18 PM
    forthcoming update/future updates will not allow you to send mp3 files directly from your phone!
    Why the hell bloody not?
    10-14-2014 01:15 PM
1,776 ... 2122232425 ...