06-11-2017 11:20 AM
1,776 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Did you lose chat history?

You can restore chat backup
    10-30-2014 04:38 AM
    Solution: Uninstall the app , download it , and don't restore the messages
    Guys its working for me. I reinstalled again, made sure it installed only to phone memory(previous setting was to SD card). Now I can see all :D . Font is smaller, imo. so its great for my new HD lumia. Will post impressions on battery life later..
    I tried both these solutions. it now works. Thnx a ton guys
    10-30-2014 04:38 AM
    WhatsApp has released update in haste because if growing frustration Among WP users and see what they have turn whatsapp into. It's being completely buggy and as expected there are no features as compared to android and IOS. So whatsapp will take another 6 months to smash the bugs. So I'm not going to update it as of now and I'm thinking to sell off my 920 and go back to android because that is where whole games is being played ;)
    10-30-2014 04:40 AM
    Worked for me, chats still visible after update.

I made sure the app wasn't open in the background before updating.

Lumia 1020 with latest DP update and Cyan
    10-30-2014 04:44 AM
    Did you lose chat history?
    No. It will ask you if you want to recover from message backup. So if you select yes then you'll get everything back.
    10-30-2014 04:45 AM
    It's workin fine on my 930, dev preview update 1
    10-30-2014 04:52 AM
    WhatsApp has released update in haste because if growing frustration Among WP users and see what they have turn whatsapp into. It's being completely buggy and as expected there are no features as compared to android and IOS. So whatsapp will take another 6 months to smash the bugs. So I'm not going to update it as of now and I'm thinking to sell off my 920 and go back to android because that is where whole games is being played ;)
    The only thing I can think of that the Android version has that we don't is MP3 file sharing, which iOS also doesn't have.

Other than that we are pretty much on par with both Android and iOS, they are just as slow at releasing updates for the iOS version as the WP version.
    neglekted likes this.
    10-30-2014 04:58 AM
    The only thing I can think of that the Android version has that we don't is MP3 file sharing, which iOS also doesn't have.

Other than that we are pretty much on par with both Android and iOS, they are just as slow at releasing updates for the iOS version as the WP version.
    No man. Are we able to select multi message? Can send to multi users/groups? Can change font style? And many things....
    ajcletus500 likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:05 AM
    It's workin fine on my 930, dev preview update 1
    Same for me. HTC 8x PD update 1.
    Thanks Whatsapp
    10-30-2014 05:12 AM
    No man. Are we able to select multi message? Can send to multi users/groups? Can change font style? And many things....
    I've never needed to do any of those things and I suspect the majority of people will also never need it or use it even if the functionality is there.

Remember just because you do something doesn't mean that the majority of other users will also do it, the vast majority of WhatsApp users will only ever send texts and pictures to friends and nothing more. WhatsApp will cater for the majority first before adding nice to haves for a small group of users.

If it is so important to your life to have those features then get an Android device, no one is stopping you and no one cares.
    neglekted likes this.
    10-30-2014 05:17 AM
    I've never needed to do any of those things and I suspect the majority of people will also never need it or use it even if the functionality is there.

Remember just because you do something doesn't mean that the majority of other users will also do it, the vast majority of WhatsApp users will only ever send texts and pictures to friends and nothing more. WhatsApp will cater for the majority first before adding nice to haves for a small group of users.

If it is so important to your life to have those features then get an Android device, no one is stopping you and no one cares.
    I will just say "If you can't make your bright side more bright than make your dark side bright.

(in ref. to features and services of apps to WindowsPhone.)
    10-30-2014 05:30 AM
    Some are saying new update from store is removed due to error... its still showing for me... Any one still still showing to update...
    10-30-2014 05:35 AM
    I agree that having more features are cool but the basics should be working as good or better than the other platforms before they start adding more features, this current update has gone a long way in fixing that.

The app start-up is almost instant now, compared to the few seconds it used to take before, navigation in the app is much smoother than before and the app generally feels more solid which is a major step in the right direction and an indication that the WhatsApp developers are finally coming to grips with producing quality code for WP. We should see more features being added from now on as the base app is working great

Quality > Quantity
    10-30-2014 05:37 AM
    Agree with this now. I just want MS to compete with Android and iOS, like they are doing with each other. I am not against MS or WhatsApp whatsoever. :)
    10-30-2014 06:09 AM
    Read that the app need to be moved back to the main phone memory before update for those using phones with ext sd. Else you will encountered restoring issues.
    10-30-2014 07:28 AM
    Font style LOL.

No offense, but the font suits WP as it is. If you want a different font then maybe get a jailbroken iPhone or, yeah, Android.

It's like complaining that you can't kick the ball in a game of basketball. Hahahaha! Just my opinion :)
    VivekRabara and P1ng0fDeath like this.
    10-30-2014 07:35 AM
    I deleted every folder on my phone regarding whatspapp and then reinstalled the app. Just to make sure :)
    10-30-2014 07:43 AM
    Font style LOL.

No offense, but the font suits WP as it is. If you want a different font then maybe get a jailbroken iPhone or, yeah, Android.

It's like complaining that you can't kick the ball in a game of basketball. Hahahaha! Just my opinion :)
    Agree. Everyone has his/her opinion. After all it all depends on App itself. We can just raise/suggest the things. :)
    10-30-2014 08:17 AM
    Update is avail. Go for it guys.
    10-30-2014 09:48 AM
    You have to be more precisely: A NEWER update is available :)
    So the bugs should be gone now.

I find it interesting btw that they waited months and used beta testers but still such big bugs after update.
    But at least they reacted very quickly now...
    10-30-2014 10:29 AM
    ^ thanks for correcting
    10-30-2014 12:38 PM
    I really started to love whatsapp team, because of sharing their hard work with us. They also reacted too quick to fix it. Thank you Whatsapp.

Also beta updated to v590. I hope they keep their working hard for windows phone.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Ashish Gupta888 likes this.
    10-30-2014 02:36 PM
    I love this release on my 730..very well optimized for High Resolution display:-)
    10-30-2014 02:59 PM
    Nice update. Much Appreciated. The app is actually faster now!
    10-30-2014 04:35 PM
    YYEWW!!! great update!
    10-30-2014 07:45 PM
1,776 ... 2930313233 ...