06-11-2017 11:20 AM
1,776 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    its there for months, if not years. open chat, click on the name, you get infos. Nothing new at all
    You did not get what he said! You can now check who has read your message ina group and who has not. It will show as read with blue ticks for those who have read your message and double ticks without blue color for those who haven't yet read your message.
    Now tell me, if this was there for years/months :-D
    11-06-2014 08:22 AM
    Go into Account settings and choose "nobody" in the Last Seen option. The trade-off is you can't see your friends' Last Seen time or whether they've read your messages.
    this is a solution to the "last seen" problem :) this doesn't solve the blue ticks and the individual message information that you get on long pressing a particular message.. (atleast for me the blue coloured ticks are still visible and same with my friends)
    11-06-2014 08:26 AM
    this is a solution to the "last seen" problem :) this doesn't solve the blue ticks and the individual message information that you get on long pressing a particular message.. (atleast for me the blue coloured ticks are still visible and same with my friends)
    Are you sure? The ticks are there for previous messages (from before you changed the setting), but for any new messages sent you should see only one tick, to indicate your message was sent, and people should see the same upon sending you a message. Unless WhatsApp has recently changed this, this is how I've always known it to function.

Edit: Just done a quick test myself, and it does seem the two blue ticks now appear. How annoying. You're right, privacy doesn't work anymore. I hope you can find a solution.
    11-06-2014 08:34 AM
    What's the error?
    No, error message, it was just not installing.
    Restart the phone and it should work
    If not try a soft reset
    Don't need soft reset. I restarted the phone and it has worked.
    11-06-2014 09:05 AM
    You did not get what he said! You can now check who has read your message ina group and who has not. It will show as read with blue ticks for those who have read your message and double ticks without blue color for those who haven't yet read your message.
    Now tell me, if this was there for years/months :-D

Nope, You don't get it. He is talking about long click-info. Has nothing to do with ticks. And this info window is accessible for a long time by pressing in the name/group on the top of the screen!
    11-06-2014 10:52 AM
    Nope, You don't get it. He is talking about long click-info. Has nothing to do with ticks. And this info window is accessible for a long time by pressing in the name/group on the top of the screen!
    Dude send a msg in a group and then long press it you will get 4 options which includes info!!it informs about who read the msgs and to whom It was delivered!!
    11-06-2014 10:56 AM
    Nope. You are just proving your point. He mentioned about ticks that showed who read your messages in the group and who has just received but not read it. Everyone knows that thing that you are trying to prove. Hope you get it!
    11-06-2014 10:58 AM
    Dude send a msg in a group and then long press it you will get 4 options which includes info!!it informs about who read the msgs and to whom It was delivered!!
    Exactly! He did not get what we said :-)
    Vishnu Hs likes this.
    11-06-2014 10:59 AM

Ah, click the MESSAGE. Ok. That wasn't clearly said here...yes that's new.
    11-06-2014 11:02 AM
    Ah, click the MESSAGE. Ok. That wasn't clearly said here...yes that's new.
    Most ppl understood,moreover you thought that i didn't know about pressing the name at the top to access the info!? � 😒
    everyone knows that,but this one is new..
    11-06-2014 11:07 AM
    Most ppl understood,moreover you thought that i didn't know about pressing the name at the top to access the info!? � 😒
    everyone knows that,but this one is new..

No, even this optionfew people didn't know! :) Read it somewhere in this forum
    Vishnu Hs likes this.
    11-06-2014 12:23 PM
    Whatsapp update : Long press on ONLY YOUR OWN sent message in a group. Then go and click on the "i" or 'info' button on top of the page.....and you can see who all saw your message in that group.

Now people can't escape from groups too! 😅
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    Lance_WPCentral likes this.
    11-09-2014 11:08 AM
    Anyone else ever had issues with WhatsApp notifications? Like, they work fine 95% of the time, but sometimes they dont show up and the only way to know if I received a message is to open the app. I usually fix this by rebooting the phone but its kinda annoying.
    11-09-2014 04:17 PM
    Anyone else ever had issues with WhatsApp notifications? Like, they work fine 95% of the time, but sometimes they dont show up and the only way to know if I received a message is to open the app. I usually fix this by rebooting the phone but its kinda annoying.
    Yes, happens sometimes. With every version off whatsapp. But now maybe 1-2 a month
    Beppe Gissi likes this.
    11-09-2014 05:27 PM
    Btw I love the way it looks...chat screen is so gorgeous, years better than Android.
    11-09-2014 05:33 PM
    Yes, happens sometimes. With every version off whatsapp. But now maybe 1-2 a month

Its becoming a trend for me though. Every morning when my phone connect to wifi, I use to receive pending notifications from all apps except for Whatsapp. I have to launch this app and then notifications for individual chats are highlighted. This does not happen for the rest of the day but at the start of the day when i connect to wifi or cellular for the first time a day.
    11-10-2014 04:29 AM
    Does anyone know how to fix the issue the dark tile which makes whatsapp doesn't work ?
    11-10-2014 07:39 AM
    Does anyone know how to fix the issue the dark tile which makes whatsapp doesn't work ?
    I am experiencing the same issue, restart and changing region wont help. I havent try to reinstall it since i havent backed up my last conversation
    11-10-2014 07:59 AM
    I am experiencing the same issue, restart and changing region wont help. I havent try to reinstall it since i havent backed up my last conversation
    Since this is the 2nd that this happens, i know that reinstalling will solve the issue, but i don't want to loose my convos..
    11-10-2014 08:01 AM
    Since this is the 2nd that this happens, i know that reinstalling will solve the issue, but i don't want to loose my convos..
    Did you update WhatsApp to version - 2.11.596?
    Are you still running one version older than that? Did you install WhatsApp to SD Card then? I am not too sure if you have done that and the recent update is causing issues to run the app on SD card as they removed that ability when they released v 2.11.596.

Having said that, can you try a soft reset and see if that helps? Allow it to run the SD card scan if prompted.
    If that wont work, then reinstall supposed to be the last option left for you.
    11-10-2014 08:16 AM
    I have the latest update. My device is a L920, so it isn't loaded on the sd card..
    Just reinstalled after having some troubles to install it. Only today's convos have been lost. Thanks for your help!
    11-10-2014 08:28 AM
    I have the latest update. My device is a L920, so it isn't loaded on the sd card..
    Just reinstalled after having some troubles to install it. Only today's convos have been lost. Thanks for your help!
    Cool :-)
    oscartoledo05 likes this.
    11-10-2014 08:30 AM
    Does WA now backup conv. to OneDrive? Dont think archive has anything to do with this
    11-10-2014 09:37 PM
    Does WA now backup conv. to OneDrive? Dont think archive has anything to do with this

I just tried it (why didn't you??) and, No!
    11-11-2014 04:02 AM
    Whatsapp update : Long press on ONLY YOUR OWN sent message in a group. Then go and click on the "i" or 'info' button on top of the page.....and you can see who all saw your message in that group.

Now people can't escape from groups too! ��
    Nokia Lumia 925 India
    Thanks for the heads up Ankit. Never knew about this feature. Will definitely come in handy.
    Aniket Mhatre likes this.
    11-11-2014 04:30 AM
1,776 ... 3334353637 ...