[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Any idea when we will see a proper WP 8.1 update from Whatsapp? Specifically how new messages are displayed in the notification centre. By that I mean name of sender on one line, and the message in the line below - like it is with text messages or emails. With Whatsapp, on the other hand, this information is displayed on just one line.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Any idea when we will see a proper WP 8.1 update from Whatsapp? Specifically how new messages are displayed in the notification centre. By that I mean name of sender on one line, and the message in the line below - like it is with text messages or emails. With Whatsapp, on the other hand, this information is displayed on just one line.
Im waiting for this as well. :/

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
currently, there is no news, they just updated beta after two weeks and a week has passed since the last beta update with v610. At normal development pace, we would be talking about v624-630s. it is unbeleivable how they keep updating symbian version with v860. They should focus more on windows phone.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Android version just got updated as well. As usual, WP is the slowest.... Get used to it since we are on such low profile platform.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Android version just got updated as well. As usual, WP is the slowest.... Get used to it since we are on such low profile platform.

unfortunately, we are not given any choice, so the only thing we can do is just waiting.

we have 1.5-2 months to go for stable version update. (usually it takes at least 3 months to update stable version for major improvements.)

they need to increase their workforce immediately, facebook should have done it.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Oh my, the app just got updated recently and people already want a new one! Go easy people, development doesn't work like magic. They've been doing a good job updating their app lately. Compared to how sh*tty it was some months ago, what we have today is pretty wonderful! I'd rather wait than have half-baked or buggy updates. I still remember when it was slow, ridiculously power-hungry, buggy, feature poor and crashing and rebooting my phone all the damn time. Never had those problems again ever since.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh my, the app just got updated recently and people already want a new one! Go easy people, development doesn't work like magic. They've been doing a good job updating their app lately. Compared to how sh*tty it was some months ago, what we have today is pretty wonderful! I'd rather wait than have half-baked or buggy updates. I still remember when it was slow, ridiculously power-hungry, buggy, feature poor and crashing and rebooting my phone all the damn time. Never had those problems again ever since.

I partially agree with you but if you see that an update is required to improve the performance and to add new features. For instance when cyan was released for WP, whatsapp released update after 3 months for cyan. So its the time taken by them to update that is most the annoying part. As denim update is being released on most of the WP around the globe whatsapp should buck up and release the update for newer version of OS rather releasing update after 3 months.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
whatsapp has listed in the change log in the recent update " app launches faster" but i did not notice any such improvements, but infact now it takes a bit longer than usual to launch. it opens up after a loading..... screen for about 5-6 seconds.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone can help: On my Lumia Icon with 8.1.1 Preview OS installed on Black firmware, WhatsApp works correctly, but on my Lumia 635 with official 8.1 and Cyan, it shows no notifications (and no change in the app icon which is pinned to the start screen) unless the app is opened. I've tried reinstalling and it does the same thing. Any clues what I need to do to get it to show notifications for incoming messages when the app isn't active? I have allowed it to run in the background.

NYRR

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 928 with Denim

is anyone's whatsapp crashing, and only plays first 10 seconds of any video?

it keeps crashing randomly and quits to the main screen on the phone. anyone seen this issue?

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Wow, after 3 weeks of silence, we have been left without an update for whatsapp beta. I cannot consider an update for whatsapp is coming soon. Also what happened to the insttagram beta folks?

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hope new year brings new features and updates to WhatsApp. I really don't get it why WhatsApp team does not release updated for WP as they do for Android. They royally ignore WP and deliberately do not release update for WP. And that is the main reason people are reluctant to buy windows phones. Because there is problem with app gap i.e. App quality, app updates and image of user. Lets see what windows phone 10 has in store for us and then will decide for future course of action of switching back to Android.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hoping someone can help: On my Lumia Icon with 8.1.1 Preview OS installed on Black firmware, WhatsApp works correctly, but on my Lumia 635 with official 8.1 and Cyan, it shows no notifications (and no change in the app icon which is pinned to the start screen) unless the app is opened. I've tried reinstalling and it does the same thing. Any clues what I need to do to get it to show notifications for incoming messages when the app isn't active? I have allowed it to run in the background.
Well I found what the issue was, at least for me. With my Lumia 635 on T-Mobile, I had a plan that was prepaid with calling and texting only, no data. Apparently MS push notifications don't work reliably over Wi-Fionly, you need to have cellular data service, per WhatsApp's FAQ. I signed up for a plan with data, and lo and behold, notifications work again. Of course, the reason I used WhatsApp in the first place instead of texting was because I was paying for text messages and was trying to avoid it. Now that I have to sign up for a data plan, it includes unlimited texts anyway, so no need for WhatsApp. This seems like a really poor design by Microsoft.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss