[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
BS. They've been doing an excelent job updating their app.

WhatsApp on WP is downright terrible, no searchbox for words in chats, no video compression, shows resuming screen pretty much every time you open the app (even if it was already in background) and messages often arrive late (yes, the app is set to always run in background, even with battery saver on). As far as I'm concerned, this doesn't qualify as an "excellent job".

martin511989

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I am using my 1320 and I am pretty comfortable with it, no huge letdowns coming from android except one.

notifications.

I have been trying almost anything I could think of to make them works but is useless... specially whatsapp. Facebook Messenger and Mails are good. Whatsapp and Facebook are just chaotic.

The really bad thing is that is random, sometimes notifications works, sometimes not. I would say 20% of the time only I got notifications in time.

I tried almost every update from Black until now. I activaded Developer Preview to get Denim and further updates. In all the same errors appears 80% of the time.

- No preview of messages on Live Tile
- Notifications delayed up to 5 minutes. I need to keep the app up in front to got the messages in time.
- No vibration on notification, only visual notification.
- Notifications no action center dont go away even after reading the message, need to swipe them to clear.
- If I left whatsapp open with a conversation and the screen got blocked, I will not receive notifications of that conversation.

Things I tried to make it work and highlighted my current settings.

Lumia 1320 RM-995 SW: 3058.50000.1424.00001 SO: 8.10.14219.341 All apps updated.

Battery Saver: on/off
Whatsapp on Background: on/off
Whatsapp on Background even with screen of: on/off
Whatsapp Tile on start: Yes/No
Wifi: on/off
LTE: on/off
3G: on/off
Play Sound for other system alerts: on/off
Data Sense: Unlimited

Hards resets: Too many to count.
Soft resets: Plenty
Resets: More than necessary

Sorry for the long post. I just wanted to turn all the stones. But I am hopeless. I want to learn if I am missing something else or I just need to live with this crappy piece of software. I will open another thread for this probably.

Praj

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem since the last update(that is I haven't received a single notification after update). I thought it was because my phone is running Windows 10TP.
Maybe it will be fixed in upcoming updated 😊

Evronian

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I've recently opened a thread on WhatsApp problems with notifications, but it looks like no one has a solution. Somebody suggested that Microsoft servers don't handle push notifications properly. That might very well be the problem. When I switched from Android I thought that WP had no support for push notifications. They were unreliable to say the least. Now the situation is a bit better, but still not on par with the competition. As almost every other feature of the OS. Sorry for the rant, but that's an annoying problem.

AkArora

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not gettings notifications on Whatsapp... When i open it , i have messages. Really WP version of Whatsapp SUCKSSSSSSSS A LOT! I've tried reinstalling but no use... Can anyone suggest wat to do?

If you are on wifi, try switching On the Mobile Data too. Worked for me, wasnt receiving any notifications on wifi, but when Mobile Data is On, they strangely work.

places

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

any suggestion for good apps for daily planning, daily scheduling, TO DO things and so on...? Preferably an app that can be synchronized with my PC?

Sentient Golf Ball

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Could you buy a 3 or 5 year WhatsApp sub on Windows Phone at one point in time? My memory might be playing tricks on me, but I swear the option was there at the beginning of 2014 (pre Facebook purchase) when I first started using the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro