[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

mefm247

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

There seems to be an issue when you are close to your bandwidth limit (1gb for my provider and I was at 900mb), it would give an error screen saying that data sense was enable and that I had to disable background. That didn't work, so I was stuck in the error screen. I had to disable datasense (set it to no limit), for the app to start to work.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

For those with the data sense error, just remove your data limit until they update the app. You can still see your usage in data sense

helios prince

May 30, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp returns to Windows Phone, Adds new features

What?s up?! Not much, just WhatsApp returning to the Windows Phone Store. After going MIA, the popular messaging app has returned. Not only has it returned, but it?s been updated. Earlier today, Microsoft?s Joe Belfiore said the app would be coming ?quite soon?. This does qualify as fairly soon! Details after the break.

Head into the Windows Phone Store and you?ll find version 2.11.490.0 of WhatsApp sitting there. Here?s what?s new in this update:
Chat backgrounds
Broadcast lists
Privacy settings (settings > account > privacy)
Media auto-download settings (settings > chat settings > media auto-download)
Custom notification tones (Windows Phone 8 Update 3 required)
Various enhancements and bug fixes

Not only does the app return, but it comes with a few new features. Chat backgrounds have been added, there are privacy settings, control the auto-download of media, custom notifications are there and more!

Heads up, those on Windows Phone 8.1 will get a warning message saying some features won?t work properly.

Grab the update for WhatsApp and let us know what you think!

Download || WhatsApp | Store di app e giochi per Windows Phone (Italia)

send from my nokia lumia 1520 using tapatalk

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Lol. I am near to my data limit. Just increased it to 4gigs and 60days and it bypassed that page:)

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

Error with new update not able to open WhatsApp everytime asking pls disable data sense after by continues attempt only app working....tried a restart of phone but no change 😌😌

agd87

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Great to see Whatsapp back and with an update.

Just two things from me. Is it possible to see the status of the connection to the whatsapp server? The other version had an indicator when it was online or offline. I can't find this on the update.

Also, I'm gutted they took away the audio recorder. I know you can record audio using the speaker symbol but it sends the audio straight away without being able to review what you recorded before it's sent.

Other than that, lovely update. Thank you Whatsapp.

Wp_Shashwat

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Great to see Whatsapp back and with an update.

Just two things from me. Is it possible to see the status of the connection to the whatsapp server? The other version had an indicator when it was online or offline. I can't find this on the update.

Also, I'm gutted they took away the audio recorder. I know you can record audio using the speaker symbol but it sends the audio straight away without being able to review what you recorded before it's sent.

Other than that, lovely update. Thank you Whatsapp.

Exactly the same requirements here!! They removed two very useful features.. :/

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Error with new update not able to open WhatsApp everytime asking pls disable data sense after by continues attempt only app working....tried a restart of phone but no change 😌😌
You need to disable Data Sense completely. Turn off everything

ashwanimaurya

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Re: WhatsApp returns to Windows Phone, Adds new features

Hello, i have lumia 520 and i've updated my whatsapp today. When i turn on my data , whatsapp pops up a screen in which it displays this message "Please turn off 'Restrict background data' in Data sense" even when i've actually turned it off . But this problem doesn't occur while using WiFi . What should i do? Please help.

three_thoughts

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

Still have delayed notifications on wp8 but wp8.1 dev preview is still working perfectly (instant notifications). Basically it's unchanged on that front. I guess the new WNS platform on 8.1 is simply much better than the MPNS on 8 even if developers haven't done anything to their apps to make use of it.

dhruvmendiratta

May 31, 2014
Visit site

The size of the chat rectangles has been shortened. Is it just me? And has anyone found any setting to adjust this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos