[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

set ur limit to 0, that will remove the restrictions.
this nothing to do with whatsapp update. u might be facing a bug or small misfunction in WP 8.1

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Why would they focus on something that's not even fully officially available as of yet?
And another one from me. The Developers preview is for fixing bugs and all kind of issues before official update comes out. So they Have to fix everything.
But the good thing is I don't have any-any issues or bugs at all (have 8.1)

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

@bssnik, check this:

Go to any contact, tree dots and then info, later, tap on photo profile from that contact and press return button. Look the save button, turn on "PIN" button. Got it?

kedar8055

May 14, 2014
Visit site

I bought a lumia 1320 today. I received a pop up saying that notifications can't be received and asking me to reboot. I've rebooted my phone and I got that msg again.
I am on WP 8.0

AndreStudart

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hey guys! before this update, you could check the status of whatsapp (online or offline), I wasn't able to discover where this function is hided after the update, does anyone know??

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Simply go to Settings, Account and see if it shows you the expiration date. If it shows you, the service should be online.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

I bought a lumia 1320 today. I received a pop up saying that notifications can't be received and asking me to reboot. I've rebooted my phone and I got that msg again.
I am on WP 8.0

I think that has something to do with your internet connection

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

I can't get notifications unless in app...any help?

Yes I am.... See my post below.... It is very frustrating.... Whatsapp can never work properly like on other platforms.... damn it.

Notifications are also broken on WP8 as well. Both of my 1520 and 1020 are not working properly. Before upgrading, 1520 was working well. Once updating, messages and notifications are not arriving. Can't be the network. I hope the fix is coming soon.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Simply go to Settings, Account and see if it shows you the expiration date. If it shows you, the service should be online.

But it is no connection showing the connection status. Our accounts are every much alive, but connectivity is another issue with Whatsapp. We used to verify via the connection status, but no longer available for this version. Hope to see it will be back soon....

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

But it is no connection showing the connection status. Our accounts are every much alive, but connectivity is another issue with Whatsapp. We used to verify via the connection status, but no longer available for this version. Hope to see it will be back soon....

the guy you quoted has already explained clearly, just look at expiration date, if it display the date then your connection is ok, but if you see "unknown", then you have no connection

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site

the guy you quoted has already explained clearly, just look at expiration date, if it display the date then your connection is ok, but if you see "unknown", then you have no connection

Ah I see. So that's something new for this version? Because I always see the expiration date regardless of connection status for the last version. Thanks for the clarifications. :)

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

So Microsoft has explained the issues behind the disappearance of WhatsApp:
So what happened is that they discovered on our latest update there is a relatively obscure end user setting where users could restrict background data use in conjunction with Data Sense. What happens is if you enable that, you won?t receive WhatsApp messages and you don?t get notified. So they came to us and said that they want their users to have the awareness of that. So we have been working with them on a fix, and I believe they are already testing the fix on beta and I believe they will be deploying it back into the world soon.

Personally, I don't really think that was reason enough for them to pull it. To be honest, I'm not that impressed with the development of WhatsApp on Windows Phone. I'm not sure what their logic is, but some of their decisions have been questionable. Would they have done the same on iOS or Android? I doubt it.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

So Microsoft has explained the issues behind the disappearance of WhatsApp:

Personally, I don't really think that was reason enough for them to pull it. To be honest, I'm not that impressed with the development of WhatsApp on Windows Phone. I'm not sure what their logic is, but some of their decisions have been questionable. Would they have done the same on iOS or Android? I doubt it.

I have still the same theory: Whatsapp for Windows Phone was developed mostly by Nokia, or at least with very high support of Nokia. Facebook still offers no app for Windows Phone, Microsoft has to develop it. So when Nokia was bought by Microsoft and Whatsapp was bought by Facebook, everything was shuffled and all the old deals broke apart.

Facebook then removed Whatsapp from the store to flex its muscles and making a new deal with Microsoft. When this deal was done they re-released it.

Every explanation I've heart so far doesn't make any sense, Whatsapp was used for months on GDR3 before it was pulled. And even though there were people with notification problems, it's still better to have to check Whatsapp manually from time to time, than not having it at all.

But maybe I'm just wrong ;-)

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Ok people, a small but still a big issue i noticed... When i try viewing a friend's profile by clicking on his name on top of our chat, his profile doesn't open up and the app crashes. Strange issue is that I'm facing this issue only with a particular friend's profile. All other profiles open up normally except that guys... Noticed this for the first time today, restarting my phone doesn't help...

IShan Bhardwaj

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

me too faced this issue even i re added that particular person but after some time that person changes his STATUS..and now its not crashing..Try It

IShan Bhardwaj

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Ok people, a small but still a big issue i noticed... When i try viewing a friend's profile by clicking on his name on top of our chat, his profile doesn't open up and the app crashes. Strange issue is that I'm facing this issue only with a particular friend's profile. All other profiles open up normally except that guys... Noticed this for the first time today, restarting my phone doesn't help...

Me too faced this issue even i re added that particular person but after some time that person changes his STATUS..and now its not crashing..Try It

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

Anybody who installed second Developers preview update? Do you have any problem with WhatsApp. Mine works perfect now and afraid to mess up with it after this update

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Anybody who installed second Developers preview update? Do you have any problem with WhatsApp. Mine works perfect now and afraid to mess up with it after this update

I've just installed the update. WhatsApp is still working well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786