[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
re: [WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Updated! With 538 the performance is very great much better than with 536!
And there is a new option to archive all chats

Yeah I have realised that the .xap file is now nearly 17 mb. it is the proof that they added stg. And now we know what they add.

thank you for your report.

Johan van Zetten

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

Here's the issue I have with Whatsapp on my Lumia 920.
When opening a picture in a group app everthing is normal. But when I want to close the picture with the back 'arrow' button it sometimes take 30 seconds to close the picture. Sometimes even the app crashes so I need to restart it.
Anyone have the same issue or know how to resolve this?

Hardware: Nokia Lumia 920
OS version: Windows Phone 8.1 ‘CYAN’ 8.10.12393.890
Whatsapp version: 2.11.516

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

Get some new strings to translate into German and this is one of them! Looking forward to see it in the beta. Mute for one year is good

upezapeq.png

E2TK

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I also get the "The media is no longer available" message fairly regular since last week, 13/aug/2014 was the first message. Received this error a couple of hours ago for the last time.

myrcello

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm getting problems when sending messages though Wi-Fi network It takes minutes to send.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site

The media is no longer available message you receive when you move/delete video files from Other/WhatsApp folder. Also if you move/delete Received pictures from the same folder and open it in WhatsApp it becomes very small.

Kevinblue4eva

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Why is WhatsApp so darn slow on WP devices as compared to the droids out there? Is it faulty coding or jus OS restraints?

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

The media is no longer available message you receive when you move/delete video files from Other/WhatsApp folder. Also if you move/delete Received pictures from the same folder and open it in WhatsApp it becomes very small.

To delete or move 1st il have to download it. While downloading only i get this error

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Why is WhatsApp so darn slow on WP devices as compared to the droids out there? Is it faulty coding or jus OS restraints?

The notification system of WP is v. Different to other OSes... The Notifications which the apps want to display are routed through a Microsoft service which pushes it to your phone in real time but the apps are not running in the background always. In Android you'll see, that the apps are running in the background always and constantly consuming Ram. So the apps don't take time to relaunch in Android, but in WP the app is started again, which takes time.

Now this is better because it is resource efficient way as it saves Ram n Battery. The disadvantage is the slight Loading Time taken by the app.

This is what i understand after a good amount of research. My logic may not be fully correct.

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

I am using cyan on my Lumia 720. When I first launched WhatsApp after upgrading to cyan I got a message that WhatsApp doesn't support and some features may not work. Please could anyone tell what was that

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I am using cyan on my Lumia 720. When I first launched WhatsApp after upgrading to cyan I got a message that WhatsApp doesn't support and some features may not work. Please could anyone tell what was that

Apparently WhatsApp is still not compatible with WP8.1 so that's y that message... But that'll be just once... You wont see it again, n don't worry all works well...

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site

Is anyone facing delayed notifications. I'm getting delayed notifications from 2days delay varies from 5-15mins on 2g mobile data

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre