[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Notifications are in not anyway linked to Phone OS or any thing with the phone... The notifications are routed through a MS server dedicated to Push Notifications... Even if you wouldn't have hard reset, it would have got fixed. Or maybe on resetting the Data Network Settings (like gateway,etc) have been changed which is helping...

Could you please explain in detail how the push notifications work. If it is not the case with OS then why did i got delayed notifications on wp8 and With wp8.1 the problem has resolved.

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Could you please explain in detail how the push notifications work. If it is not the case with OS then why did i got delayed notifications on wp8 and With wp8.1 the problem has resolved.

Ok... The apps rout the notifications to be pushed to a MS server. The MS server then pushes the notification to our devices in real time... So it's like if the server were down, then you wont get any notification for any app... After an update the Whatsapp servers got out of sync with the MS server as MS had revamped the server to suit WP 8 Black and WP 8.1. That's y WhatsApp needed help from MS devs to set out the notification issue....
This is my knowledge, may or may not be correct...

Nandhadx

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way for me to configure the app so that photos received are not automatically stored on my phone?

There used to be an option but it is no longer available anymore, you cab disable it but then you cannot view the image and you'd have to download it anyway

David Best

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok... The apps rout the notifications to be pushed to a MS server. The MS server then pushes the notification to our devices in real time... So it's like if the server were down, then you wont get any notification for any app... After an update the Whatsapp servers got out of sync with the MS server as MS had revamped the server to suit WP 8 Black and WP 8.1. That's y WhatsApp needed help from MS devs to set out the notification issue....
This is my knowledge, may or may not be correct...
Does the android and apple versions work the same way?? I've never understood how the notifications work for wp7/8/8.1

Nitesh Tilwani

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't know how iOS works but in Android the App is always ruining in the background... All apps which give push notifications have agents running in the background which receive the notifications for the app... Means WhatsApp is running in the background and receiving notifications for the app... While in WP the notifications are handled by MS server... So the app is actually not running always...
If you go to Settings>Apps>Running in Android you'll see WhatsApp running always and consuming ram. N all apps consuming some amount of Ram (if they have push notifications enabled). So it's like different agents consuming ram for each app...
While in WP its only one agent running which gets all the notifications for all apps...

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 using Tapatalk

spinzeroWL

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to access the Whatsapp chat log on a Lumia 1020? I'm looking to upgrade to a 930 - but if I can't move my chat logs, I'm not moving :).
I know it's possible on phones with micro SD slots. Hoping I'm not being penalised for having a flagship :)!
Many thanks

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
They changed the style to scroll through emojis now you don't go from right to the left! You see the bar how much you can scroll

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140906_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140906_0001.png
    639.8 KB · Views: 32

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
They changed the style to scroll through emojis now you don't go from right to the left! You see the bar how much you can scroll
I guess you have Beta. Can you scroll your typed but not yet sent text? That's the only thing I hate in WhatsApp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon