[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't care when wp 8.1 features will be implemented, I am quite convinced if it works properly and be par-on-par for features with Android / ios version of Whatsapp. Also note that there was shhh sound with stable version on 8.1, now it is gone for beta. (they fixed in a few beta versions earlier.)

Anyways, the whatsapp beta app is far more stable than the current stable version of Whatsapp. They could release it as stable, then make incremental updates on beta and then bi-weekly updates for whatsapp stable would be much more appreciated. Having a large time gap between updates for whatsapp stable version only irritates users.

sharmakartik93

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 720 from July 2013. I want to buy a new phone my range is till 20k which one should I buy an android or a windows phone. Please suggest and also with choices

Rajat Malhotra

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm using Lumia 720 from July 2013. I want to buy a new phone my range is till 20k which one should I buy an android or a windows phone. Please suggest and also with choices

Ur stupid!... Here's why
1. This ain't no place for such a question
2. Asking a community of WP users whether to buy a WP or Android is pointless.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Its been really long since Whatsapp was last updated in the store. Currently its stable for WP8.1 and I haven't faced any issues. Just looking for addition of some new features as in the Android version. Hope to see an update come by soon.

I haven't browsed through the thread so please excuse me for my question which is : With the latest BETA update does it support sending mp3 and video files ?

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand how the development of whatsapp on windows phone is done. Because even the Blackberry version of whatsapp gets updates frequently. But Beta version of whatsapp on windows phone hasn't received an update since 10 days. Also the stable version of Whatsapp on windows phone hasn't received an update since 3 months. I really want to ask whatsapp developers; WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!

judemanutd

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
If their going to do this after every stable update they should atleast open up the beta program so that more people can get the latest updates rather than just cursing them.

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand how the development of whatsapp on windows phone is done. Because even the Blackberry version of whatsapp gets updates frequently. But Beta version of whatsapp on windows phone hasn't received an update since 10 days. Also the stable version of Whatsapp on windows phone hasn't received an update since 3 months. I really want to ask whatsapp developers; WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!

Why do you seem to measure the quality of an app by the amount of updates it receives? Sure, we could use an update to make WA fully WP8.1 compatible, but the current version works fine. And it's not even like it's much different on other platforms. Even on iOS, sometimes months go by without a WhatsApp update.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Why do you seem to measure the quality of an app by the amount of updates it receives? Sure, we could use an update to make WA fully WP8.1 compatible, but the current version works fine. And it's not even like it's much different on other platforms. Even on iOS, sometimes months go by without a WhatsApp update.
That's actually accurate

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

It is always the same. A relative big update, then a few fixes in the following weeks, then silence for months, then the cycle starts over.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Whatsapp is still a battery killer. Could use a lot of work on that department. Also the noise is still not fixed. I just want these two things to be fixed. :(

Wisnu1977

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I really appreciate to WA developer who makes wonderfull app. I admit this current version works fine,stable, and has good performance. But according to updates definition, i think updates is not just fix some bugs but creating new innovations,etc.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Good performance? If you don't use it for some time, it takes too much time to resume!

If you're not using it for some time anyways, why not kill the task completely? A fresh launch of the app takes like what, 2 seconds?

And battery killer? Oo I have no idea what you guys are actually doing with Whatsapp, but for me battery consumption is absolutely okay.

Wisnu1977

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
@kasmol : I think we have different style in terms of using whatsapp...i always close my WA after i finish chat...so that's why i never facing takes some time when opening whatsapp..

wp8hereicome

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I recently hard reset my phone and reinstall whatsapp (not beta) but it seems after this reinstall whenever I open and use whatsapp the phone gets a sudden drop in battery of a few percentage points. Then when I check the battery drainage it pops up to like 4-5% drain per hour and I am only typing one to two messages at a time. And obviously the "whatsapp does not support my version of windows phone" message continues to persist. Have anyone experiencing the same issue? Other than whatsapp it seems my battery drains very slowly (i.e., normally). I made sure all battery saver settings are the same as before the hard reset to make sure I compare apples to apples.

I am using Lumia 1520 with Cyan. Anyone comment would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb