[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Deven modha

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I recently hard reset my phone and reinstall whatsapp (not beta) but it seems after this reinstall whenever I open and use whatsapp the phone gets a sudden drop in battery of a few percentage points. Then when I check the battery drainage it pops up to like 4-5% drain per hour and I am only typing one to two messages at a time. And obviously the "whatsapp does not support my version of windows phone" message continues to persist. Have anyone experiencing the same issue? Other than whatsapp it seems my battery drains very slowly (i.e., normally). I made sure all battery saver settings are the same as before the hard reset to make sure I compare apples to apples.

I am using Lumia 1520 with Cyan. Anyone comment would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Have been facing the same issue since cyan update.. May be whatsapp is not yet optimised for wp8.1.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp has almost useless feature to Search in history. I use WA everyday, so i have very long chat history. Through searching for one msg I received long time ago I found it (its from 7/11/14).

Is there anyway to jump to that specific day so I can read before/after msgs too??

For the last 20 min I've been scrolling n scrolling to that day and finally when I got to 7/15/14 that same person txt me and I couldn't not answer her)) So my scrolling happened to be useless:)

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
If you see how fast kik messenger is, you wonder how whatsapp can be so slow.. Even in 1995 computers were faster at picking up and presenting a bunch of text characters. That's all the app has to do damn it. It should pick up all thumbnails from a cache. Why is it so slow??

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I did when I had a terrible hog/irresponsing loading dots when opening/switching to whatsapp.

1. Backup your whatsapp messages.
2. Uninstall whatsapp. RESTART phone.
3. Go into Store and reinstall whatsapp. DON'T open it after the installation is done, but RESTART.
4. Now, run whatsapp. It should not hog/lag anymore. And you don't even need a soft reset. Battery life is slightly better now. 0-2% discharge during 8 hours bedtime (with Battery Saver mode 'on' and whatsapp 'always on')

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
If you see how fast kik messenger is, you wonder how whatsapp can be so slow.. Even in 1995 computers were faster at picking up and presenting a bunch of text characters. That's all the app has to do damn it. It should pick up all thumbnails from a cache. Why is it so slow??
because they do bad coding.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I just asked them to following:

Hi, I just want to know when are you gonna release an update for whatsapp
on windows phone. Almost 3 months have passed since we got an update for
whatsapp stable version.

However, whatsapp beta receives updates on daily/weekly basis. But it is
allowed to download only for beta testers.

My requests;

1. Make whatsapp beta PUBLICLY available not privately.

2. Release updates for whatsapp stable version more frequently. weekly
upates would be appreciated.

Thx

Serhan

Here is their answer:

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

We appreciate your feedback, but we do not have an update yet available for Windows Phone. However, our developers are working hard on providing you with a high quality update soon. Unfortunately, we cannot comment on specifics or give timelines, but do know that we are working on a Windows Phone update.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Jami T.

WhatsApp Support Team

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I think so. At least, I guess v600 could be final release. So I minimize my expectations and then disappointment would be less.

By the way, latest beta release was on 24th September, with version 556.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

They have no schedule for updates! Sometimes I get updates on daily basis and sometimes there is no update for 2 weeks. Most updates didn't bring something new and if there is new stuff we don't get any changelog and have to spot changes ourselves. I guess there is something like plotting? Maybe a bigplayer pays a nice amount to give infrequently updates and bad quality of updates.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have realised it too, Updates are weird, coz it does add nothing, only very small, unnoticeable bug fixes. If they keep at this momentum v600 is my lucky guess that should be take 3 months more. Maybe they update stable version of Whatsapp as a new year's present for 2015. Also we know that voice calling for whatsapp is coming to ios / android. Maybe they have focused on ios and android like nokia here team do. So it is a good explaination why we are not getting frequent and noticeable updates anymore.

maroro

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I wonder if anyone has the same Problem. I realized this issue after the last pfd update. Whenever you open the apps, its making a white noise like "ssssssshhhh". It's not really loud when you are in the middle of the crowd. But when you go to more quite place, You will definitely hear that. This is a little bit annoying. And I'm wondering if it drain more battery. Anyone has the same problem?

I use nokia lumia 520, Lumia Black, with preview for developer (which is updated only 2 days ago)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I wonder if anyone has the same Problem. I realized this issue after the last pfd update. Whenever you open the apps, its making a white noise like "ssssssshhhh". It's not really loud when you are in the middle of the crowd. But when you go to more quite place, You will definitely hear that. This is a little bit annoying. And I'm wondering if it drain more battery. Anyone has the same problem?

I use nokia lumia 520, Lumia Black, with preview for developer (which is updated only 2 days ago)

All windows phone 8.1 users have this problem. It is a known issue, and the beta builds of Whatsapp have addressed it. So there is no sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh sound for whatsapp beta users. When Whatsapp gets an update for public users, you will enjoy chatting without a sssshhhh sound!

Besides, whatsapp beta updated today with a version 2.11.558.0 Since it is in private beta, only selected users are allowed to download and use it.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077