[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp is the most wanted app now a days. Still we wp users don't have the basic features which android and ios had 2-3 years before. Hike is much better but on 1gb ram devices. I saw my friend using hike on his 520 it takes too much time to start. He tried reinstalling the app but still the same.
Nokia Lumia 925 India

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
They are useless no matter how many WP users complaint about the lack of features that android and IOS users have WhatsApp team won't budge from their stand. Imagine ppl its been 4 months and they have not come out with an update which will par with other OS. And even they releases it will be minor fixes and no new features that for sure 😠

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Whatsapp is the most wanted app now a days. Still we wp users don't have the basic features which android and ios had 2-3 years before. Hike is much better but on 1gb ram devices. I saw my friend using hike on his 520 it takes too much time to start. He tried reinstalling the app but still the same.

Nokia Lumia 925 India

What those basic features are? I find whatsapp on windows phone pretty good and curious to know about those basic features that android has for past years.

mf_yamato

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Still ok on my whatsapp, photo sharing is good.... Nothing much too complaint.. Now that the ios and droid whatsapp has expand the capacity of the group, from 50-100... Waiting for wp platform

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Still ok on my whatsapp, photo sharing is good.... Nothing much too complaint.. Now that the ios and droid whatsapp has expand the capacity of the group, from 50-100... Waiting for wp platform
It seems that you haven't seen android and IOS version of WhatsApp. Do you get an option of selecting multiple videos and message and forward option in whatsapp for WP. Also can you attach mp3 file in WP WhatsApp. All these basic features are missing in WP whatsapp. And these whatsapp people don't even care about releasing an update for us.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yep there's no multiple select options in this version. Let's hope they are releasing an update before end of the year. Just like how they improved whatsapp(a um ember that stupid audio streaming bug when one tries to share photos/)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It seems that you haven't seen android and IOS version of WhatsApp. Do you get an option of selecting multiple videos and message and forward option in whatsapp for WP. Also can you attach mp3 file in WP WhatsApp. All these basic features are missing in WP whatsapp. And these whatsapp people don't even care about releasing an update for us.

There are tricks to send audio/video files. You may checkout threads related to whatsapp tips and tricks. I do send mp3/any video files/ringtones without any issues.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
There are tricks to send audio/video files. You may checkout threads related to whatsapp tips and tricks. I do send mp3/any video files/ringtones without any issues.

Please share how to attach mp3 files. Also my main concern about WhatsApp is not releasing update with all the features which are there on Android and IOS from ages. WP WhatsApp feels like antiquated version with lack of features.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
You can navigate to this thread:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/282677-trick-send-music-songs-whatsapp.html

As you see WhatsApp Beta is continuously getting updated so they will bring in those features for sure. Current version(Public) is more than sufficient to complete your daily needs of IMs, in my case at least. I would patiently wait for new updates :)

1. public version hasnt been updated for 4 months.
2. beta is better than the public version.
3. if they release beta as public now it would be much better than the current public version.
4. although beta has been updated occassionaly, we cannot say it has been updated frequently, sometimes updated 3 updates / week, sometimes 1-2 updates / month.
5. beta adds little tweaks and bug fixes, in terms of new features it adds nothing.
6. android / ios version is like a ferrari, while windows phone version is like sedan.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
1. public version hasnt been updated for 4 months.
2. beta is better than the public version.
3. if they release beta as public now it would be much better than the current public version.
4. although beta has been updated occassionaly, we cannot say it has been updated frequently, sometimes updated 3 updates / week, sometimes 1-2 updates / month.
5. beta adds little tweaks and bug fixes, in terms of new features it adds nothing.
6. android / ios version is like a ferrari, while windows phone version is like sedan.

Completely agree with you. That's what my point is about WhatsApp for WP. Sometimes I feel that should go for android just for WhatsApp but it's the love for windows phone that refrains me. Hope WhatsApp people are listening to us and would release update with new features at the earliest.

Apz Leaks

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
guys read here if want to read some news about next version reddit[dot]com/r/windowsphone/comments/2j7c1s/new_whatsapp_very_soon_in_wp_store/

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Looks like except mp3 addition and different colour for group chat all the things will be equal to android version now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo