[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Go through whatsapp on Android or IOS you will come to what and how many new features wp is missing.
I don't need to go through Android or iOS equivalent as I already have used it. If you say "basic features" then you should be able to list those. There is a difference between basic feature and add-on/enhanced features. I believe the features you are referring are enhanced one and not basic. WhatsApp allows you to send/receive IMs/Videos/Audios, so basic features are covered :)
Devs are working on WA for WP equivalent and sooner or later, we'll get those features. Have some patience bro :)

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Audio share and save to sd card or phone memory isn't available on wp yet. API's now allow to do this. Selecting multiple texts. Battery drainer app. I guess you use whatsapp very less and about patience lol 4 months isn't that enough. I am not a developer but i can surely say a person can make an app in a week. Whatsapp isn't a small firm so 4 months are more than enough.

Nokia Lumia 925 India

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I can share audios and can save files on my SD card. Not sure, what device you use :)
Multiple text selection is enhanced feature and we may get it in next updates. I know how developments goes and as devs are working on Beta, so you should understand that they will publish new updates unless they make sure that new updates/tweaks are stable and optimized. They don't want the public version to be unstable and that's the reason they are continuously testing and updating Beta version. I agree that WA is battery drainer and it needs optimization.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I can share audios and can save files on my SD card. Not sure, what device you use :)
Multiple text selection is enhanced feature and we may get it in next updates. I know how developments goes and as devs are working on Beta, so you should understand that they will publish new updates unless they make sure that new updates/tweaks are stable and optimized. They don't want the public version to be unstable and that's the reason they are continuously testing and updating Beta version. I agree that WA is battery drainer and it needs optimization.

You share audio by that trick. So thats not the solution behind it. If someone asks me for a song for that I'll have to rename it then move to camera roll. Don't you find that embarrassing?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
In WP, audio/video/documents are stored in separate system folder and OS does not allow any app to access files stored in those folders. You can access those through Files app or any file manager app. Picture hub stores pics and videos shot by your phone camera along with those videos/pics that are shared to you via whatsapp. Now, in order to send those audio/video files already stored in you SD card/Phone Memory in folders other than Picture hub, you have to move/copy those files to Picture hub and rename it with extension(mp4/jpg) so that WP understands it as a recognised file format in Picture hub. Being said, its a WP limitation/restriction and not an issue with WhatsApp or any other app. That's why this trick is needed and you will never get a direct share option on whatsapp unless WP allows it to do so. To answer your second question, its not at all embarrassing as it just requires a few seconds to achieve this.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

So is it okay to make us wait for 4 months for an update in which you can just attach mp3?? So that we need to wait for another 4 months to get multiple selection option in next update

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
So is it okay to make us wait for 4 months for an update in which you can just attach mp3?? So that we need to wait for another 4 months to get multiple selection option in next update
forthcoming update/future updates will not allow you to send mp3 files directly from your phone! WA is not publishing updates for public version because developers still think that latest features/tweaks/bug fixes need more testing. It's nothing wrong to keep your latest release in testing rather to publish an unstable/problamatic update. No developer committs about timeline when it comes to publishing updates as it highly depends upon complexity of application. I understand it and I am absolutely fine with delay and I'll wait for a stable update. Being said, waiting for an update is hightly subjective and I casted my opinion on this. You may not be okay with this delay and its your perspective.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
And yet I just emailed audio with mp3 extension via MetroMail... wait for it... a third party app.

How did you achive this? Did you go to the file in XBM/Files app and long press to share it via email? If you have done it that way then you have done it natively. OS allows you to share mp3 file by navigating through the system directory using Files/XBM but not the third party app. MetroMail or any other third party app wont have access to your System directory(Except for Pictures) to share stuffs. This is another reason for WP being most secured OS.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
How did you achive this? Did you go to the file in XBM/Files app and long press to share it via email? If you have done it that way then you have done it natively. OS allows you to share mp3 file by navigating through the system directory using Files/XBM but not the third party app. MetroMail or any other third party app wont have access to your System directory(Except for Pictures) to share stuffs. This is another reason for WP being most secured OS.

I went into Metro mail. Entered recipient. Typed my message. Then tapped the attachment icon. Menu with picture, OneDrive and phone appeared. I tapped phone and the rest is history. My friend got a 30 second mp3 file from me.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
That was before 8.1 released.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb