[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
It must be something else. I have used many apps (8.1/8.0) and have never seen a way to share an audio file directly from the app. I'll check MetroMail and see how it works.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
It must be something else. I have used many apps (8.1/8.0) and have never seen a way to share an audio file directly from the app. I'll check MetroMail and see how it works.

CamScanner uses the same thing to save documents in specific locations on the phone/SD card.WhatsApp can do this, they just haven't.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Since you guys went this far, what about UC browser, it can't share but it Can save audio/ video files in appropriate hubs. So WhatsApp at least should allow to save audio file (videos can be saved, not in hub but still. Why not save .mp3 files then?)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
info about the latest whatsapp beta version v572.
wHxTrh.jpg

New version of whatsapp will be available very soon. Has been sent the changelog to be translated so you don't miss a lot.

Here some screen and some changes:
- Share a precise location
- Add captions to photos and videos
- Crop and rotate photos
- You can archive chats and groups
- Better support for phones with high-resolution screens and more
EDIT:
- no lag on media when scroll or zoom-in/out
- emoji will scroll with a swipe from top to bottom and change category with swipe on left or right
- no noise from speaker when open app or chat

source: new whatsapp very soon in wp store : windowsphone

Last edited:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
CamScanner uses the same thing to save documents in specific locations on the phone/SD card.WhatsApp can do this, they just haven't.

You were right! Metromail picked up those files using file picker. This proves the OS limitation that I pointed ends with advent of 8.1. WhatsApp devs should add this feature to pick files from system dir.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Nope. Both use UCDownload folder and do not recognized by XBM/XBV unless moved to default Music and Video.
Dude. I always save mp3 files downloaded with UCB IN XBM. Just download any mp3 file with browser, (in browser) go to downloads, long press on music then press export. Now go to XBM and see yourself. It's there. same with Video

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
It will be moved to Music folder once you export, but it gets first stored to default UCDownload folder. Got me?

When you export music it says exported to \Music (for video exported to \UCDownload) But anyway, dont care where it goes first, my point was WhatsApp could allow us save it as UCB does..

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
forthcoming update/future updates will not allow you to send mp3 files directly from your phone! WA is not publishing updates for public version because developers still think that latest features/tweaks/bug fixes need more testing. It's nothing wrong to keep your latest release in testing rather to publish an unstable/problamatic update. No developer committs about timeline when it comes to publishing updates as it highly depends upon complexity of application. I understand it and I am absolutely fine with delay and I'll wait for a stable update. Being said, waiting for an update is hightly subjective and I casted my opinion on this. You may not be okay with this delay and its your perspective.

We all want to have stable and quality update for WhatsApp. But how come WhatsApp releases update for IOS and android with regular intervals with all the stability and quality features but can't release update with the same time frame. Stability doesn't mean that WP users have to wait for 5 months for an update whereas android and IOS users gets updated often and that too with stability.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
We all want to have stable and quality update for WhatsApp. But how come WhatsApp releases update for IOS and android with regular intervals with all the stability and quality features but can't release update with the same time frame. Stability doesn't mean that WP users have to wait for 5 months for an update whereas android and IOS users gets updated often and that too with stability.

Why can't we wait for an update? Wont you update the app when they release the updates? What's wrong if they still recognize issues with Beta and fixing bugs?

Those are different platforms altogether(different programming languages with different level of complexity). As you are observing that they are updating Beta every now and then, that means they are not underestimating WP variant of the app. It wont make any difference by shouting for updates as they will release it when they are sure enough about its stability.

As I said, you may or may not be okay with such delay but you can't do much to expedite it :)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Why can't we wait for an update? Wont you update the app when they release the updates? What's wrong if they still recognize issues with Beta and fixing bugs?

Those are different platforms altogether(different programming languages with different level of complexity). As you are observing that they are updating Beta every now and then, that means they are not underestimating WP variant of the app. It wont make any difference by shouting for updates as they will release it when they are sure enough about its stability.

As I said, you may or may not be okay with such delay but you can't do much to expedite it :)

because at this forum there some beta testers of whatsapp on windows phone.

you don't have to follow this topic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo