[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
What it matters with an update are the new features that gona be included. I'd like to see multiple selection and deleting of messages. DP crop in. A folder in gallery for whatsapp.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
The time whatsapp is taking to update the version it seems that they will release an update in next century and to add all the features which are there in android they will release an update in next to next century

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Well it is convenient but there are copyright issues that one needs to understand

It doesn't have to be a copyright piece which one is sending. It may be some self made music, or noises which one recorded, etc. MP3 file itself is not copyright. It is just a file. Just face it, no such nonsense on Android and iOS. Windows Phone is just lame.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Guys just watched the video for android lollypop update and being a WP fan I have to say that I'm really impressed with the features and customization. Also I'm damn sure that whatsapp will release update for lollypop than releasing update for WP. However will wait till windows 10 releases then will decide for future course of action.

adkrish22290

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
What is Android Lollypop????? We are Windows Phone users. :p

Anyway, as far as the update is concerned, I'm not surprised with your views @P_1. After all, when have the app developers ever given preference to Windows Phone over Android? But if the update for WP does come before Android Lollypop, that's awesome.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Guys just watched the video for android lollypop update and being a WP fan I have to say that I'm really impressed with the features and customization. Also I'm damn sure that whatsapp will release update for lollypop than releasing update for WP. However will wait till windows 10 releases then will decide for future course of action.

don't lose your hope. there will be always tomorrow and the sun will shine.

beta updated again today (29th Oct) to v584.

WhatsApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I hope v600 will be the actual public release. ��

me too!

Also I found this on wmpoweruser.com

WindowsPhoneApps.es reports that the latest version of the private WhatsApp beta, build 2.11.582, now offers full compatibility with Windows Phone 8.1, and is now much more efficient in its use of battery power.

The also report the app is now very fast, and has had other minor improvements, such as improved options for the background image in chats, including being able to crop the image and to preview changes.

They expect it will not be long before the improved app is available to mainstream users.

source: WhatsApp beta gets speed and battery life improvements

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Not just Whats app, but many apps in WP are having long update cycle as compared to android or iOS. I don't want exact android or iOS, but i want MS to compete with android and iOS in market.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting for that update and I for one hopes it does this great OS justice. Honestly any DEV making any app for WP8.1 should be honest with themselves and just make a beautiful app that the experience is one that makes the users completely forget about market share, hardware sales etc. Simply say "I love this OS and hope that MS continues to improve on what they're doing".

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
me too!

Also I found this on wmpoweruser.com

WindowsPhoneApps.es reports that the latest version of the private WhatsApp beta, build 2.11.582, now offers full compatibility with Windows Phone 8.1, and is now much more efficient in its use of battery power.

The also report the app is now very fast, and has had other minor improvements, such as improved options for the background image in chats, including being able to crop the image and to preview changes.

They expect it will not be long before the improved app is available to mainstream users.

source: WhatsApp beta gets speed and battery life improvements

Sounds excellent but what would have been nice would have been to give us a piece of what's avl on whatsapp +, like the ability to change our font. There's no need to go all out like they did for Android in their customization but the ability to change the font style + the background image would be sweet for us WP users.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
What the hell are you talking about???

Again: THE DEVs WAIT FOR WP 8.1 TO BE INDTALLED ON THE MAJORITY OF PHONES !!! HENCE THE FACT THE NEW WHATSAPP VERSION IS 8.1 ///ONLY\\\ !!!

DO
YOU
GET
THAT
IN
YOUR
BRAIN???

Don't be rude. Store can identify which version of os we are using. They can use this info, just to make update available for wp8.1, while it won't show update for wp8.0 devices. If they really want to release it, there is always a way to do it.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
What the hell are you talking about???

Again: THE DEVs WAIT FOR WP 8.1 TO BE INDTALLED ON THE MAJORITY OF PHONES !!! HENCE THE FACT THE NEW WHATSAPP VERSION IS 8.1 ///ONLY\\\ !!!

DO
YOU
GET
THAT
IN
YOUR
BRAIN???

I already got that in my brain. Cyan was released around July and we have still not received update for whatsapp with 8.1 compatibility. And you must be knowing that denim update is around the corner so it shouldn't happen that we are getting update for cyan when denim is released. App Devs and Microsoft should work in conjunction so that with every OS update app also should be updated and this what happens in the case of android and IOS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett