[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Guys its working for me. I reinstalled again, made sure it installed only to phone memory(previous setting was to SD card). Now I can see all :D . Font is smaller, imo. so its great for my new HD lumia. Will post impressions on battery life later..

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I got the following reply from whatsapp team

Hi,

This is likely an issue with your internet connection.

We have a couple of articles with troubleshooting steps that may be helpful:

- For connection troubleshooting steps: WhatsApp FAQ - I cannot connect to WhatsApp!
- For network configurations on your Windows Phone: Get connected | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

If you are able to connect on Wi-Fi but not on your mobile connection (EDGE/2G/3G) or you are able to use other application but not WhatsApp, double check your APN configuration with your mobile provider. This is a common connection issue on Windows Phone. We recommend you contact your mobile provider and ask them how to configure your APN settings to allow non-web/non-HTTP socket connections.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

WhatsApp Support Team

ajcletus500

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Solution: Uninstall the app , download it , and don't restore the messages

Guys its working for me. I reinstalled again, made sure it installed only to phone memory(previous setting was to SD card). Now I can see all :D . Font is smaller, imo. so its great for my new HD lumia. Will post impressions on battery life later..

I tried both these solutions. it now works. Thnx a ton guys

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp has released update in haste because if growing frustration Among WP users and see what they have turn whatsapp into. It's being completely buggy and as expected there are no features as compared to android and IOS. So whatsapp will take another 6 months to smash the bugs. So I'm not going to update it as of now and I'm thinking to sell off my 920 and go back to android because that is where whole games is being played ;)

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Worked for me, chats still visible after update.

I made sure the app wasn't open in the background before updating.

Lumia 1020 with latest DP update and Cyan

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp has released update in haste because if growing frustration Among WP users and see what they have turn whatsapp into. It's being completely buggy and as expected there are no features as compared to android and IOS. So whatsapp will take another 6 months to smash the bugs. So I'm not going to update it as of now and I'm thinking to sell off my 920 and go back to android because that is where whole games is being played ;)

The only thing I can think of that the Android version has that we don't is MP3 file sharing, which iOS also doesn't have.

Other than that we are pretty much on par with both Android and iOS, they are just as slow at releasing updates for the iOS version as the WP version.

VivekRabara

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I can think of that the Android version has that we don't is MP3 file sharing, which iOS also doesn't have.

Other than that we are pretty much on par with both Android and iOS, they are just as slow at releasing updates for the iOS version as the WP version.

No man. Are we able to select multi message? Can send to multi users/groups? Can change font style? And many things....

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No man. Are we able to select multi message? Can send to multi users/groups? Can change font style? And many things....

I've never needed to do any of those things and I suspect the majority of people will also never need it or use it even if the functionality is there.

Remember just because you do something doesn't mean that the majority of other users will also do it, the vast majority of WhatsApp users will only ever send texts and pictures to friends and nothing more. WhatsApp will cater for the majority first before adding nice to haves for a small group of users.

If it is so important to your life to have those features then get an Android device, no one is stopping you and no one cares.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss