[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
So finally wait was over yesterday when whatsapp released much awaited update for WP. Though there are no major features added but it still its better to get something than nothing. There are some cosmetic changes added to the update which is really nice. However I wish they will continue the streak with regular updates for WP and add new features.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
1. Seems faster, seriously. (loading, resuming, choosing attachments/photos/etc)
2. Emoji scroll orientation has changed, and it is the smoothest ever!
3. Group chats can mute for 1 YEAR. Lol (heard some lenovo phones can go up to 1 century, wtf?)
4. Different background images for every individual chats and/or group chats. Awesome! First for whatsapp, and it's on WP.
5. Fonts seems slightly smaller = sharper? Love it this way, more conversations can be seen.
6. Tapping on the person's name within the conversation will bring up his/her info. (is this new?)
7. Chat info will highlight the whatsapp number the person is using (if he/she has multiple numbers stored in its contacts)
8. Better battery utilization? Seems less drainage than prev version.

* I'm downloading this app manually, saving it for future side load.. just incase future updates mess things up. By far, this is the best non-beta version on 8.1 :)

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I read many of you said it actually works faster, IDK mine when I launch from start screen takes few seconds to open. Black background with Loading... shows up first

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
tried it and soft reset, not slow but not instant either :confused:
don't know if it has anything to do with my lagging start screen (i'm using 3 columns on a 520)...

Arpit Mittal

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Have anyone noticed WhatsApp can be downloaded to SD Card on phone with latest update, I am using Lumia 720 with Lumia cyan on wp8.1 without dpp.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Haven't noticed any speed increase after update (opening of app). But the speaker hissing issue has been solved.

Picture scrolling and emoji scrolling is very smooth. Photo caption works very well.

Naren Parker

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp noob here. Can anyone tell me how to invite contacts to join groups even if I am not the admin of that group? My friends on other OS's have been able to do that without a problem. Any option /setting I've missed or WP version is yet to get that feature?

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
WhatsApp noob here. Can anyone tell me how to invite contacts to join groups even if I am not the admin of that group? My friends on other OS's have been able to do that without a problem. Any option /setting I've missed or WP version is yet to get that feature?

Just tested now on Android. You cannot add participants to a group if you're not an admin

rohitsars

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey friends, from today morning my WhatsApp is not opening. The brightness of WhatsApp live tile had got deemed(low), as compared to all other live tiles.

I even tried to open it through "Cortana", but then too its not opening.

After this I searched for WhatsApp on store; WhatsApp was found but there were no options of "view and share" at bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel