[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Everybody is talking about blue ticks but latest update is not installing on mine. Download is fine but gives error when it starts installation.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
its there for months, if not years. open chat, click on the name, you get infos. Nothing new at all

You did not get what he said! You can now check who has read your message ina group and who has not. It will show as read with blue ticks for those who have read your message and double ticks without blue color for those who haven't yet read your message.
Now tell me, if this was there for years/months :-D

elwin lobo

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Go into Account settings and choose "nobody" in the Last Seen option. The trade-off is you can't see your friends' Last Seen time or whether they've read your messages.

this is a solution to the "last seen" problem :) this doesn't solve the blue ticks and the individual message information that you get on long pressing a particular message.. (atleast for me the blue coloured ticks are still visible and same with my friends)

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
this is a solution to the "last seen" problem :) this doesn't solve the blue ticks and the individual message information that you get on long pressing a particular message.. (atleast for me the blue coloured ticks are still visible and same with my friends)

Are you sure? The ticks are there for previous messages (from before you changed the setting), but for any new messages sent you should see only one tick, to indicate your message was sent, and people should see the same upon sending you a message. Unless WhatsApp has recently changed this, this is how I've always known it to function.

Edit: Just done a quick test myself, and it does seem the two blue ticks now appear. How annoying. You're right, privacy doesn't work anymore. I hope you can find a solution.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You did not get what he said! You can now check who has read your message ina group and who has not. It will show as read with blue ticks for those who have read your message and double ticks without blue color for those who haven't yet read your message.
Now tell me, if this was there for years/months :-D

Nope, You don't get it. He is talking about long click-info. Has nothing to do with ticks. And this info window is accessible for a long time by pressing in the name/group on the top of the screen!

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Nope, You don't get it. He is talking about long click-info. Has nothing to do with ticks. And this info window is accessible for a long time by pressing in the name/group on the top of the screen!

Dude send a msg in a group and then long press it you will get 4 options which includes info!!it informs about who read the msgs and to whom It was delivered!!

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Nope. You are just proving your point. He mentioned about ticks that showed who read your messages in the group and who has just received but not read it. Everyone knows that thing that you are trying to prove. Hope you get it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077