[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The beta isn't ready.. With the latest build I have a bug with the lockscreen! If you chooses whatsapp to be detailed on the lockscreen sometimes it just don't show new messages and sometimes not. Also there isn't much new stuff to bring to the public and when WhatsAppteam will push to the public is a gambling :D

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but WhatsApp chats are now backed up to OneDrive when you do a phone backup. That's why it takes so long to backup WhatsApp. I think it's a brilliant feature. Came in very useful as I had to hard reset my phone yesterday.

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Public release won't be anytime soon! I expect it around v686-v716

Yes, I agree with you. Considering their past history of releasing updates for WP once in six months I don't think they would release update now. This might hamper their image of releasing updates once in six months. It seems that they do favour on windows phone by releasing updates. Whereas they do release update for android often. Also there are many apps that are yet to come on WP store. I.e. Superbeam. Would like to have this app on WP. Also update for WhatsApp does not mean only fixing performance issues but adding new features. We are yet to see the features that are on android for ages I.e multiple selection of images, videos and messages with forwarding and deleting option. Also to attach mp3 files. WhatsApp needs to take notice of this and act accordingly.

Last edited:

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but WhatsApp chats are now backed up to OneDrive when you do a phone backup. That's why it takes so long to backup WhatsApp. I think it's a brilliant feature. Came in very useful as I had to hard reset my phone yesterday.

Yeah, I noticed that. But even WhatsApp themselves are apparently quite unaware of this feature. I emailed their support a while ago asking if this feature had been added, because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, and they thanked me for my "feature request". Then I emailed them back asking kindly to check back with the developers about this feature, and then they suddenly acknowledged its existence but advised me to keep my data stored on my SD card (even though I repeatedly mentioned my phone doesn't have one) because the OneDrive backup feature might be "fully disabled in the future".

Not sure what to make of that, but I hope they keep it, since it's a very useful feature indeed! Losing my WA chats was the only thing I dreaded when doing a hard reset. Now I don't have to anymore.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I discoverede when you are in whatsapp main screen press 3 dots and select whatsapp web. it leads to you web.whatsapp.com and you scan the qr codeon the pc screen. so that your whatsapp is on your pc!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo