[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Bro its all down to numbers, Win 8.1 was made free to capture market.. didn't help. Maybe they need to sell handsets at a loss to gain marketshare and create awesome high end phones to gain the marketshare of people willing to pay for apps. then devs might start to take notice.
The only reason devs will come to this platform is - if they can make money, which they are not able to now.

That's the problem. No high end models till date. 1520 is still the most powerful WP but is just too big. 930 is not even great because it don't even have glance screen! We have been seeing low end WP flooding the market and yet, no one giving a hoot. Promotions about WP is so lousy as well. In my country, S6 released with big bang of commercials and events. Ads and ads everywhere. It is like brainwashing for the people. Look at Windows Phone. Does the world even know anything when 1520 / 930 was released? No one cares! Is just so sad....

I wrote to Rovio about asking them to add the Rovio account login for syncing games, just like on Android / iOS. Here's their reply:
Hey there,
and thanks for your reply!
It is our goal to get the Rovio Account feature to as many devices as possible. We are constantly looking into opportunities to bring the account feature to WPs as well, but cannot give out release dates or future plans at this moment.

Best regards,
Pekka
Rovio Support Team

Only the usual PR words from companies. "looking into opportunities to bring..... no release dates...." blah blah blah.... Attitudes like theses are turning people off from Windows Phones. Users can never have the same great experiences they had on Android or iPhones. Consumers don't come, devs will care less, platform dead. Simple as that. Universal app or not, doesn't help at all. TBH, future of WP is just bleak.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, maybe next year ;).
Why u asking this here? Ask the support from WA. Here nobody can tell this! And if u or somebody else can't live with this app situation, there is for now only one solution, Android or IOS!

Don't you feel bitter / sad with the situation?? Even Blackberry has better responses from the devs! Stop telling people to get Android / iOS. We all KNOW that! And now, even Blackberry has better updates than us. What a joke! Ask support from WA? Do you think they give a damn??

I'm not trying to be a troll here but feeling very frustrated. But given the current situation, how far can we as WP users go??? I'm not the only one who can't live with the current apps situations FYI.

tooly26

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Don't you feel bitter / sad with the situation?? Even Blackberry has better responses from the devs! Stop telling people to get Android / iOS. We all KNOW that! And now, even Blackberry has better updates than us. What a joke! Ask support from WA? Do you think they give a damn??

I'm not trying to be a troll here but feeling very frustrated. But given the current situation, how far can we as WP users go??? I'm not the only one who can't live with the current apps situations FYI.

I can understand u and all others, but we can do nothing for now. All app developers see windows as 2-10% market share. So they concentrate to develop for ios and android first.
This will change IF Ms can get more market share all around the world.

And specially for WA, calling features are coming soon, trust me....

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I can understand u and all others, but we can do nothing for now. All app developers see windows as 2-10% market share. So they concentrate to develop for ios and android first.
This will change IF Ms can get more market share all around the world.

And specially for WA, calling features are coming soon, trust me....

I do hope you are right. But seems like Microsoft itself is screwing its own WP users as well.

Carrier offers free Skype Qik video messages, but only to iOS and Android users - WMPoweruser

If Microsoft is not even supporting its very own platform but instead bowing to Android / iOS, how do we expect others companies like WA to follow?? Maybe I should stop spreading negativity in this thread, and sorry about that. I just can't help it. If things like these are to continue even after W10 and its Universal apps, I can see myself going back to Android. I'm sick of being treated as 3rd class citizens, including by Microsoft itself..

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey WindowsPhone Fans how are you doing?

Just to remind you that whatsapp has voice calling on ios, blackberry and android. Also viber has video calling feature on ios and android, but not windows phone. In addition to this, facebook messenger adds video calling feature for ios and android users but not for windows phone.

We should get used to being abandoned.

Facebook Messenger adding video calling support on Android and iOS | PhoneDog

P_1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey WindowsPhone Fans how are you doing?

Just to remind you that whatsapp has voice calling on ios, blackberry and android. Also viber has video calling feature on ios and android, but not windows phone. In addition to this, facebook messenger adds video calling feature for ios and android users but not for windows phone.

We should get used to being abandoned.

Facebook Messenger adding video calling support on Android and iOS | PhoneDog

I would rather say if you can't beat'em then join them. That's what I'm starting to think. We WP fans are royally getting ignored in every aspect. Be it news apps or updates to the existing apps. Seriously considering changing to android and don't get me wrong I love WP but we can't live in denial that we literally abandoned by the developers and I don't think that win10 will change this.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I would rather say if you can't beat'em then join them. That's what I'm starting to think. We WP fans are royally getting ignored in every aspect. Be it news apps or updates to the existing apps. Seriously considering changing to android and don't get me wrong I love WP but we can't live in denial that we literally abandoned by the developers and I don't think that win10 will change this.

Sad, but the truth. Is such a pity with windows phone.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

Agree! That's why I am looking Galaxy Note 4 to buy. I have been using wp since 2012, and I am tired of being ignored.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Voice Calling feature arrived to BB before WP, does that mean an insult? IMO, certainly not. As known, WA is working on Voice Calling feature for WP users and it will arrive soon. They have not abandoned it :)

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Voice Calling feature arrived to BB before WP, does that mean an insult? IMO, certainly not. As known, WA is working on Voice Calling feature for WP users and it will arrive soon. They have not abandoned it :)

WP claimed to be the 3rd in position in front of BB, especially when comes to sales? But in actual fact, devs are putting more resources and time on BB than WP. How's that not considered as an insult to the WP community?? The word "soon" is just too commonly use and I no longer trust it anymore.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
WP claimed to be the 3rd in position in front of BB, especially when comes to sales? But in actual fact, devs are putting more resources and time on BB than WP. How's that not considered as an insult to the WP community?? The word "soon" is just too commonly use and I no longer trust it anymore.

I still don't agree, as long as this feature in works, i don't think they have insulted us.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What is the real reason we sometimes dont receive notifications untill we open the app?

I just opened the app and received message that was sent 9h 50min ago

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
People who are worrying about WhatsApp calling coming late only one thing to say I was also very irritated by not getting calling feature in WP but after getting feedback from Android & IOS users I am not sad... According to them the quality of the service is not good in both OS... So now I not even thinking of calling feature I have viber & Skype...I thing is sure they promised WP Will get this month.....

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
People saying win 10 won't change dev attitude! I disagree. Microsoft has made porting ios and android apps so easy that I believe support for apps will improve!

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
What is the real reason we sometimes dont receive notifications untill we open the app?

I just opened the app and received message that was sent 9h 50min ago

It means the push notification services from MS servers screwed up. This happens on my Note 4 sometimes. And I noticed that comparing Note 4 and 640 XL with both of the devices connected to the same WIFI, sending a test message is received much quicker on Note 4 than my 640 XL. Seems like the push services on WP is slow. Not too big an issue for me though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)