[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If the multi select and new emoji set is coming ... Then there are high chances that WP will get advance search in Whatsapp too ( the search which helps in finding particular message, like in Android)

neglekted

May 20, 2014
Visit site
No! It's gone. Unfortunately WA doesn't backup to OneDrive. Some people say it does but I dint think so

It definitely used to backup to OneDrive before. It was never officially announced as a feature, but I've personally had all of my chats restored after a full factory reset a few times by restoring a backup from OneDrive. They might have removed this functionality in recent releases though... it didn't always work flawlessly for everyone. IIRC WhatsApp would be in a "disabled" state during the backup process and it would sometimes remain in that state until another backup was created manually, confusing and annoying people in the process. It could be they just never got the problems sorted and decided to axe it. Shame, because it was a great feature.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
WhatsApp has Bluetooth working don't know if it was available when first time calling feature came...now we can make calls and receive calls in our car stereo like viber.. Viber got Bluetooth support only after two or three updates after calling got..WhatsApp is little faster in grouping the features I think anyway thanks 👍

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp has Bluetooth working don't know if it was available when first time calling feature came...now we can make calls and receive calls in our car stereo like viber.. Viber got Bluetooth support only after two or three updates after calling got..WhatsApp is little faster in grouping the features I think anyway thanks ��
Well, not only that, when you listen audio notes it also plays via Bluetooth. BUT not always. Out of no where it played twice in my car and when I tried to "force" it it never worked

Last edited:

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
wa latest beta brings the followings to the list:
- Alter Control: You can turn off notifications completely. Now since you have a counter for call and text within the app, you get to know many are unread.
- In-App Notifications : This is just like Hike where it shows notifications from other chat thread when you are on different chat thread.
- Message Preview : This is when you exit the app, and notifications pop-in. Instead of saying New Whats App Message, you get “Message from XYZ”. The text is not shown though, I would have loved it with option to reply!!

source:WhatsApp Beta for Windows Phone gets alert control, Message preview controls and more - WMPoweruser

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
wa latest beta brings the followings to the list:
- Alter Control: You can turn off notifications completely. Now since you have a counter for call and text within the app, you get to know many are unread.
- In-App Notifications : This is just like Hike where it shows notifications from other chat thread when you are on different chat thread.
- Message Preview : This is when you exit the app, and notifications pop-in. Instead of saying New Whats App Message, you get ?Message from XYZ?. The text is not shown though, I would have loved it with option to reply!!

source:WhatsApp Beta for Windows Phone gets alert control, Message preview controls and more - WMPoweruser

This is last update additions WhatsApp not updated...i think @bsnik had told this before.. But now we got a clear idea thanks

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Go to battery saver and mark WhatsApp as always allow on baatery saver... I hope it will solve the problem

Yeah that's what I was doing but whatsapp destroys my battery so I just never allow it to run in the background anymore just wondering why they wont let it run at all when I restrict background data *shrug* just feel its kinda dumb but idk what's going on

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Guys beta updated today ...from 2.12.74.0 to 2.12.76.0 .... Beta testers, reply if there is anything new. And i think public version will soon get updated. 😉

hexacore

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
i think the next update will be this week for the public version as multiple message selection is a tiny feature that doesn't really require that much of testing.
after all we already have voice calls ;)

Pradeep Kalburgi1

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
i think the next update will be this week for the public version as multiple message selection is a tiny feature that doesn't really require that much of testing.
after all we already have voice calls ;)

Though multiple selection is a tiny feature it took WhatsApp long enough to add this in beta

Pradeep Kalburgi1

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
WhatsApp has been updated to 2.12.78.0 as of 8th July 2015. But the best part is that the file size has been bumped to 24 MB. Beta testers do you find something new features???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss