[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp beta not updated for more than a week now. What's happening??

whatsapp beta has been updated today to v2.12.128 brings support for Windows 10 Mobile.

WhatsApp beta just app got updated to v2.12.128 in Windows Phone Store today. This update includes Windows 10 Mobile support, new features and bug fixes. Find the full change log below.

Solved the problem of displaying wrong emoticons (now will be shown in preview properly)
Greatly improved the experience when using Windows Mobile 10
New “Select messages” in the app bar conversations
New Sound for incoming messages when using the application (from different conversations)
The ability to activate or deactivate the Sound
Added new option to quickly change their status
As you all know, this update is for closed beta users. Hopefully, we will get these new features soon in the public app.

WhatsApp Beta Updated With New Features Along With Windows 10 Mobile Support - WMPoweruser

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
If I reinstall will my previous chats get restored?
Yes, if you make a backup. You can create one by going to the settings menu on WhatsApp. Btw, sometimes i face the same issue as yours. Reinstalling didn't help, don't know if soft or hard reset will do much. RAM is not a issue too (2 gb)

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
And again whatsapp beta is updated to v2.12.144.

WhatsApp beta just app got updated to v2.12.144 in Windows Phone Store today. This update includes a bug fix related to Windows 10 Mobile support, and improves the app starting speed for low end devices. Recently the beta app got a major update, find the old change log below.

Solved the problem of displaying wrong emoticons (now will be shown in preview properly)
Greatly improved the experience when using Windows Mobile 10
New “Select messages” in the app bar conversations
New Sound for incoming messages when using the application (from different conversations)
The ability to activate or deactivate the Sound
Added new option to quickly change their status
As you all know, this update is for closed beta users. Hopefully, we will get these new features soon in the public app.

WhatsApp Beta Updated With Improved App Startup Time For Low End Devices - WMPoweruser

bssnik

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Beta got updated. When you want to send chat history through Email, WhatsApp attaches now a .txt file instead of the last 600 messages.

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp Beta for Windows Phone updated with improved background mode.
The WhatsApp beta app has seen another update to version 2.12.148.
The latest update brings back improved multi-tasking, with the app no longer closing when exited using the back button.
This may cause issues on low ram devices, but also means that the app now opens near instantly when required.
The feature is not yet available to mainstream users, but if the beta is successful should hit our devices in the next few weeks.
WhatsApp Beta for Windows Phone updated with improved background mode - WMPoweruser

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...apps%2Fwhatsapp%2F9wzdncrdfwbt&token=NhdZTehd

Ultimate Insider

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
WhatsApp beta updated with search and multi-tasking changes
WhatsApp has pushed out an update to their beta app, their test bed for new features for the mainstream app.

Version 2.12.152 of the app reverses the last change where the app remained running in the background rather than exiting with the back button. This means the app no longer resumes as rapidly as it did before, but should mean the app works better on low RAM devices.

chat.png

The update also brings some minor changes to the Search page, with numbers now indicating the number of matches in chats and contacts.

It is not clear at this point which way WhatApp will go regarding the multi-tasking feature but clearly the testing from the beta app will play a role in the final decision.

source: WhatsApp beta updated with search and multi-tasking changes - WMPoweruser

SSK the Gr8

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont like the idea of beta taking more time to load since the app is not running in the background anymore. It was good to have it loading up faster.

Anup256j

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I have some strange problem in whatsapp. I get notification that I received whatsapp message/s. But when I open that chat page. Its blank. Whatever messages I received vanishes. Anyone else facing such strange problem.?

Pradeep Kalburgi

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I want that feature where you can forward selected messages directly to broadcast list. Also want to WhatsApp to change the UI as it is getting bit boring to see the same outlays.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon