[WhatsApp] News ... Reviews & Impressions!

urbantek

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Is it me or WhatsApp is down since this morning? I am not able to start the application. When I try to open the app. I get "Loading" message on black background and blue dots moving across the screen. It will stay like that for few minutes and window will close on its own. I tried:
Reinstalling the app
Deleting WhatsApp folders and installing the app again
Rebooting
Factory reset
None of the above worked. I found one thread on Reddid with people complaning about the similar problems. I was wondering if somone experience similar issue and found a fix.

Thanks

PlexusCV

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Yes, there are more users in another post complaining about that. However on my phone it is working fine. What region are you at?

Sent from mTalk

lunloon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I got the status update for a week already. Just today this happened.

Whatsapp gets killed in background. Was working fine ytd and today my wife send me a SMS saying that i didn't receive her whatsapp message.

Turns out Whatsapp does not persist in the background.

I checked background apps, I checked battery settings and allowed Whatsapp to always stay in the background. Uninstalled, reinstalled. Soft reset. No go.

Short of doing a hard reset.

How many of you guys are having the same issue?

lunloon

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Yup, same here. The background service seems to be down, tried it on WhatsApp as well as WhatsApp beta. Started since this morning.

I wonder how that is feasible since it was installed and the background process is based on the installed app. Unless there was an update to the app or the OS.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah down for me too. The last time this happened it was down for ages and I swapped my L950 for an Android phone instead. I rely on a stable WhatsApp service and having my wife send me text messages to say she's sent a WhatsApp is ridiculous. I'll give it a day or so and if it's not fixed my 950xl will be relegated to my work phone and I'll go get another Android or iPhone.

Techno-Freak

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how that is feasible since it was installed and the background process is based on the installed app. Unless there was an update to the app or the OS.

As there was no update on the app itself, and you did reinstall as well, which did not help. So the problem is somewhere on the backend/push servers. But I didn't hear the same for Android yet, so probably something unique to us who are on Windows.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah definitely something unique to us. My wife is on iOS and hers is working fine and I used a spare Android phone to test messaging her back and forth and everything was fine. I'm sure I've read before that the push notification is totally different for windows devices and that's also why they don't persist either so if you don't have a good data signal then you won't get your messages until you open the app. Or in our case just now we don't get them til we open the app anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea