The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-24-2014 02:03 PM
84 1234
tools
    But friends

It's a pretty basic one. They must add this with initial release.
    It makes difficult to watch multiple images.
    yeah its a basic thing but we also have photo hub to view pics conveniently and file is useful for moving pics here and there creating new folders so there will be no problem in viewing them as thumbnails so devs may thought in that way....
    05-31-2014 01:03 AM
    'Files' works great, you can easily move multiple files from Phone to SDcard, sort many ways, see all folders directly without first having to add them, it's fast. I deleted all those other file managers right away. And I love the dark theme. What I'm missing is integration of OneDrive, but that's probably a matter of time since both apps have the same kind of UI.
    Last edited by WinSammie; 05-31-2014 at 06:36 AM.
    05-31-2014 05:31 AM
    I'm not worried about viewing photos. I want this app creating and extracting zip files.
    Makm, vish2801 and Chrispjcj like this.
    05-31-2014 05:56 AM
    Files seems to be laggy in my 520 :/ It loads the image thumbnails soo slowly. And when i scroll up and down it loads the files like the xbox music app! Maybe theyll optimize it in the next update, but anyone else facing the same thing?
    05-31-2014 06:10 AM
    Adding grid view to the files makes it easy to manage.
    05-31-2014 06:28 AM
    but most annoying part for me is when i play a music and go to any other app or start screen then music stops.
    Dantekai14 likes this.
    05-31-2014 07:20 AM
    Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

Starting to loose faith in this product - after one years use.
    Name one software product that is complete right out of the box. Just one.

I can't think of a single piece of sw that stayed at V1.0
    05-31-2014 07:28 AM
    Name one software product that is complete right out of the box. Just one.

I can't think of a single piece of sw that stayed at V1.0
    I would just say ... Read the threads on here. They're numerous about bugs, patches, glitches and MS users needing to wait "for the next update".

And NOT have V1.0 to V.1000000!

Just saying, as I did in my very first sentence - to take a little more time MS .... read the consumers comments, thoughts, ideas before pushing things out. Because the bugs, glitches, patches, fixes so numerous in these threads are starting to turn SOME people off.

As the OP basically commented on in this particular thread.
    Last edited by Michael Kozak; 05-31-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    05-31-2014 07:45 AM
    That's why MS made an independent app instead of making it as a system app so it can easily update it like Xbox Music. This app is gonna have numerous updates in future, meanwhile use other explorers, I don't even have a basic official file manager in my nexus, 3rd party explorers work great and that's what matter the most to me, functionality of OS,not particular official app. We need to be happy that MS has opened the platform so devs can create explorers and I'm waiting one from Rudy.... :)
    05-31-2014 07:58 AM
    Maybe next update will bring you to the Photo hub instead of viewing the photos right at File? Anyways, I'm happy that we have a more up to standards OS now. BTW, can we attach multiple attachments to email now? I watched the clip and we are share to Emails for a file, but what about multiple files? Anyone please?
    Press the select button, tap on the files you want then share to email.
    05-31-2014 08:08 AM
    And it's faster than all the other file managers, I love it.
    05-31-2014 08:10 AM
    I would just say ... Read the threads on here. They're numerous about bugs, patches, glitches and MS users needing to wait "for the next update".

And NOT have V1.0 to V.1000000!

Just saying, as I did in my very first sentence - to take a little more time MS before pushing things out. Because the bugs, glitches, patches, fixes so numerous in these threads are starting to turn SOME people off.
    That's the nature of software. Regardless of who it's from. iOS pushed an update a couple of days after 7 was released. Bug fixes. Hell, almost anything in Google Play will be updated at some point. It's not just Microsoft.

And you really want MS to wait until it has a complete product on their hands before releasing it? Folks around here lose their ever loving minds if they have to wait an extra day for something. I can't imagine MSFT having a presser saying "We will release this product when it is complete and free of bugs. Please be patient."
    05-31-2014 08:12 AM
    That's the nature of software. Regardless of who it's from. iOS pushed an update a couple of days after 7 was released. Bug fixes. Hell, almost anything in Google Play will be updated at some point. It's not just Microsoft.

And you really want MS to wait until it has a complete product on their hands before releasing it? Folks around here lose their ever loving minds if they have to wait an extra day for something. I can't imagine MSFT having a presser saying "We will release this product when it is complete and free of bugs. Please be patient."
    NEVER said complete. Read it again. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    05-31-2014 08:24 AM
    The app doesn't seem to want to display all of my music files. Anyone else having this problem?
    05-31-2014 08:30 AM
    NEVER said complete. Read it again. ๏˜Ž
    No. You never said the word "complete". What you did say was:

"Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right."

That sure implies it though.
    05-31-2014 08:30 AM
    Never assume. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    05-31-2014 08:44 AM
    Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

I don't get the logic with this. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

If 75% of the features that you want are available at the end of May, and 100% of the features that you want would be available in June (when Microsoft said it would be delayed until), and you're ok with waiting until then, well..... Why not just wait until then? Why would you complain that something that came earlier than expected is missing features. If you were planning to wait until, say... June 15 for a fully-featured file manager, then just wait anyways.
    05-31-2014 08:44 AM
    Every ones entitled to an opinion.

Simply stated MY history with MS (on PC and now on cell) ... Is one that has historically included the "push and patch" method.

Which now has taken enough air from this thread.

Have a good day. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    mary beth hale likes this.
    05-31-2014 08:51 AM
    I know what you are saying. Everybody saying this but

But "Files" app will be better if they introduce feature like this in beginning.
    Atleast it will gives user a choice.

Anyway, I think I was expecting too much from this File Manager.
    05-31-2014 09:21 AM
    Thanks Microsoft for giving a basic file manager.but still I love pocket file manager more.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    kvrbrijith likes this.
    05-31-2014 12:32 PM
    Thanks Microsoft for giving a basic file manager.but still I love pocket file manager more.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    Absolutely... "files" is much faster and smooth. But, "pocket file manager" has got lot of features like' creating and extracting zip files, id3 tag editor for MP3 files, continuous viewing of pictures -and lot more.. So, I keep both the apps in my phone.
    05-31-2014 12:40 PM
    It does what it says. Other than easy access to a PDF file I've downloaded, this will do that nicely. Also good that file can be attached to an email too.
    05-31-2014 12:44 PM

Well you are the one (amongst many) that decided to install an incomplete developer version (Bugs, Warts and all) of 8.1 - give them time dude, you are the guinea pigs and the MS test bed - I would only complain IF they release 8.1 officially without fixing it.
    Michael Kozak likes this.
    05-31-2014 12:49 PM
    Well you are the one (amongst many) that decided to install an incomplete developer version (Bugs, Warts and all) of 8.1 - give them time dude, you are the guinea pigs and the MS test bed - I would only complain IF they release 8.1 officially without fixing it.
    Fair point.
    05-31-2014 12:55 PM
    open Files , tap on 3 dots and then tap on send feedback :)
    This is the best response to the OP. I think the thread should have ended after this post
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    05-31-2014 02:31 PM
84 1234