Official File Manager "Files"................Little bit disappointing

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
^yo it's call using the right tools for the right tasks. use a photo app for viewing photos, not a file manager. Do you view photos on Windows with Explorer or do they all open in something else? exactly my point. same with Mac, iOS, etc all the other stuffs.
get real.

Sorry but I think little different then you.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to use multiple apps.
I want a single app through which I can mange and watch all files.

I thought this file manager will be par with old S40 phones file manager. But
I guess some users love to restricted or half baked file manager.

Maybe next update will bring you to the Photo hub instead of viewing the photos right at File? Anyways, I'm happy that we have a more up to standards OS now. BTW, can we attach multiple attachments to email now? I watched the clip and we are share to Emails for a file, but what about multiple files? Anyone please?

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Maybe next update will bring you to the Photo hub instead of viewing the photos right at File? Anyways, I'm happy that we have a more up to standards OS now. BTW, can we attach multiple attachments to email now? I watched the clip and we are share to Emails for a file, but what about multiple files? Anyone please?

It will be more better if they integrate file manger with email.
And
About multiple file, still not possible as far as I know.

Blake Quartly

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Today I downloaded 'Files"
It's good but still not very good.

Most disappointing part of 'Files: is that the way it handle images.

If you open an image and want to see next image then you have go back and then click to next image.
Why devs didn't add swipe image option for watching image through file manager.
Isn't this a bit annoying watching multiple images through file manager.:angry:

What you guys think?

Well they're probably not too worried about the photo browsing experience... considering there's a photo app for that

srikanth reddy4

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
But friends

It's a pretty basic one. They must add this with initial release.
It makes difficult to watch multiple images.

yeah its a basic thing but we also have photo hub to view pics conveniently and file is useful for moving pics here and there creating new folders so there will be no problem in viewing them as thumbnails so devs may thought in that way....

WinSammie

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
'Files' works great, you can easily move multiple files from Phone to SDcard, sort many ways, see all folders directly without first having to add them, it's fast. I deleted all those other file managers right away. And I love the dark theme. What I'm missing is integration of OneDrive, but that's probably a matter of time since both apps have the same kind of UI.:smile:

Last edited:

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Files seems to be laggy in my 520 :/ It loads the image thumbnails soo slowly. And when i scroll up and down it loads the files like the xbox music app! Maybe theyll optimize it in the next update, but anyone else facing the same thing?

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

Starting to loose faith in this product - after one years use.

Name one software product that is complete right out of the box. Just one.

I can't think of a single piece of sw that stayed at V1.0

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Name one software product that is complete right out of the box. Just one.

I can't think of a single piece of sw that stayed at V1.0

I would just say ... Read the threads on here. They're numerous about bugs, patches, glitches and MS users needing to wait "for the next update".

And NOT have V1.0 to V.1000000!

Just saying, as I did in my very first sentence - to take a little more time MS .... read the consumers comments, thoughts, ideas before pushing things out. Because the bugs, glitches, patches, fixes so numerous in these threads are starting to turn SOME people off.

As the OP basically commented on in this particular thread.

Last edited:

vish2801

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
That's why MS made an independent app instead of making it as a system app so it can easily update it like Xbox Music. This app is gonna have numerous updates in future, meanwhile use other explorers, I don't even have a basic official file manager in my nexus, 3rd party explorers work great and that's what matter the most to me, functionality of OS,not particular official app. We need to be happy that MS has opened the platform so devs can create explorers and I'm waiting one from Rudy.... :)

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Press the select button, tap on the files you want then share to email.

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I would just say ... Read the threads on here. They're numerous about bugs, patches, glitches and MS users needing to wait "for the next update".

And NOT have V1.0 to V.1000000!

Just saying, as I did in my very first sentence - to take a little more time MS before pushing things out. Because the bugs, glitches, patches, fixes so numerous in these threads are starting to turn SOME people off.

That's the nature of software. Regardless of who it's from. iOS pushed an update a couple of days after 7 was released. Bug fixes. Hell, almost anything in Google Play will be updated at some point. It's not just Microsoft.

And you really want MS to wait until it has a complete product on their hands before releasing it? Folks around here lose their ever loving minds if they have to wait an extra day for something. I can't imagine MSFT having a presser saying "We will release this product when it is complete and free of bugs. Please be patient."

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
That's the nature of software. Regardless of who it's from. iOS pushed an update a couple of days after 7 was released. Bug fixes. Hell, almost anything in Google Play will be updated at some point. It's not just Microsoft.

And you really want MS to wait until it has a complete product on their hands before releasing it? Folks around here lose their ever loving minds if they have to wait an extra day for something. I can't imagine MSFT having a presser saying "We will release this product when it is complete and free of bugs. Please be patient."

NEVER said complete. Read it again. 😎

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos