Official File Manager "Files"................Little bit disappointing

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

Starting to loose faith in this product - after one years use.

I don't get the logic with this. It makes absolutely no sense to me.

If 75% of the features that you want are available at the end of May, and 100% of the features that you want would be available in June (when Microsoft said it would be delayed until), and you're ok with waiting until then, well..... Why not just wait until then? Why would you complain that something that came earlier than expected is missing features. If you were planning to wait until, say... June 15 for a fully-featured file manager, then just wait anyways.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Every ones entitled to an opinion.

Simply stated MY history with MS (on PC and now on cell) ... Is one that has historically included the "push and patch" method.

Which now has taken enough air from this thread.

Have a good day. 😎

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
I know what you are saying. Everybody saying this but

But "Files" app will be better if they introduce feature like this in beginning.
Atleast it will gives user a choice.

Anyway, I think I was expecting too much from this File Manager.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Microsoft for giving a basic file manager.but still I love pocket file manager more.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Microsoft for giving a basic file manager.but still I love pocket file manager more.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Absolutely... "files" is much faster and smooth. But, "pocket file manager" has got lot of features like' creating and extracting zip files, id3 tag editor for MP3 files, continuous viewing of pictures -and lot more.. So, I keep both the apps in my phone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It does what it says. Other than easy access to a PDF file I've downloaded, this will do that nicely. Also good that file can be attached to an email too.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Why not wait and get it right the first time. Or as close as possible to being done right.

Typical MS ... "push and patch". Get something out there then fix it later. Been dealing with these same type of issues on my PC for years.

Starting to loose faith in this product - after one years use.

Well you are the one (amongst many) that decided to install an incomplete developer version (Bugs, Warts and all) of 8.1 - give them time dude, you are the guinea pigs and the MS test bed - I would only complain IF they release 8.1 officially without fixing it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Well you are the one (amongst many) that decided to install an incomplete developer version (Bugs, Warts and all) of 8.1 - give them time dude, you are the guinea pigs and the MS test bed - I would only complain IF they release 8.1 officially without fixing it.

Fair point.

Michael Kozak

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Totally fair post.

And exactly what I'm doing, but back on 8.0 at present, till things smoothen out with 8.1

Really want MS to succeed. The things they have added in 8.1 ... really seem nice.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Bugs are one thing, you shouldn't ship a buggy product, although there will always be edge cases you didn't catch in testing. But this post is about 'missing' features, or features you would like added and in that case I think it's great to ship early. Define the minimum viable product and get it out to users as early as you can. Then build on that, adding features in incremental, and frequent, releases. That way users have something early, you get good feedback on bugs and on what features users really need vs spending time building something that few people will really use. Microsoft is taking this approach with all of their software and services lately and, although there might be more room for improvement, I think they're doing a great job. This isn't the Microsoft of old.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I like files! I think it's awesome but there needs to be a way differentiate between the number of sub folders and the number of files. Unless I actually go into the folder I don't know if the numbers are referring to other sub folders or total files and that's slightly annoying.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I never got the whole fuss about not having a file manager.
Now that the official app is out, give me one good use you have been putting it to...

I use file managers with my partner. We produce music together. He's uses either his Mac or Android phone. I use Windows 7 or my Lumia 1520. We use OneDrive as it's available on all platforms and it's the easiest and fastest way for us to share files. With a file manager I can download files he send me anytime (also having it offline in case I have no cell signal) and put it somewhere specifically until I'm ready to either send it off to an artist or bring it to my laptop and go to work on the go.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
When I was on my iPhone it was a complete pain managing files with third party apps going from one app to another to do basic things. With the Lumia having it all built in. It's a real game changer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss