Official File Manager "Files"................Little bit disappointing

mesamit

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
there is photo app for viewing photos and music app for playing music......why the hell you want a FILE MANAGER for viewing photos and playing music...

kvrbrijith

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I need
1. Create and extract zip,rar files
2. Grid view
3. Manage(cut, copy, paste, delete) the whole folder
4. Continuous playback of music files
5. Continues view for pictures
6. Sort by -file type
7. Integrated OneDrive
8. Exif viewer
Feedback sent

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
there is photo app for viewing photos and music app for playing music......why the hell you want a FILE MANAGER for viewing photos and playing music...

Because I want full fledged File manager,which can not only manage file but can handle them pretty well.

I want a single app which can handles all files well.
I think it will be more convenient but some users having a hard time in understanding this.

Anyway it was expected since before file manager launched
That time question was asked -why you need file manager?
Now it's launched
The question is
Why you want to use that way their is separate app for that?

Isn't this funny?

I know MS will implement what we are asking but it will take time.

Salamy

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
a File Manager is a File Manager, even in Android you can't view images through file manager by pressing forward or backward selection (Samsung GS4).

this is normal for file manager, I'm happy to just have a file manager it is cool one

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
a File Manager is a File Manager, even in Android you can't view images through file manager by pressing forward or backward selection (Samsung GS4).

this is normal for file manager, I'm happy to just have a file manager it is cool one

Android can't do that so, we don't need WP to do it either.
?????Make sense?????

prashant s

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys. Really files is very good comparing other file managers.. But some lacks are there but
Locating folder for blootuth files.. Very serial essential one... Is there any app for that?

Coz I have downloaded xap in
Android and send it to wp but I am not able to find that file... But memory to that extent reduced.....
How can i delete that..

Dantekai14

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Do anyone noticed that official file manager doesn't delete files but folders only.

I have tons of pics. So I deleted a folder containing some pics through Files but it only deleted folder not pics.

Last edited:

Rohit Kochar Jain

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Files App for a while now. All's good in it , except one thing.
I cannot share any audio file to my WhatsApp contacts.
I've done all the necessary things to be required , like creating a new folder in the pictures hub of the sd card/copying the audio file to that newly created folder/renaming the audio file to mp4., et al.
But whenever I try attaching any audio file to my WhatsApp contacts , all the folders turn up EXCEPT THE NEWLY CREATED WhatsApp Audio one.
Anyone please do help......!

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just deleted pocket file manager. I couldn't delete 1 file (not saying multiple files) in trial version. But this Files does what I need- rename audio files (format) to share via WhatsApp -love new update with new UI

How do you share via whatsapp ? I went to a mp3 file and hit share and whatsapp wasn't listed

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I need
1. Create and extract zip,rar files
2. Grid view
3. Manage(cut, copy, paste, delete) the whole folder
4. Continuous playback of music files
5. Continues view for pictures
6. Sort by -file type
7. Integrated OneDrive
8. Exif viewer
Feedback sent

This and USB OTG :)

Akash Patel

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Why can't Microsoft make a file manager for lumia 710

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Tapatalk

Cause file picker API is only available for wp8.1 and wp8
And official file app is only available for WP8.1.
And I personally don't use official file manager I use pocket file manager it is the best file manager available for WP8.1 and WP8

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs