Official File Manager "Files"................Little bit disappointing

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
'Files' is already at the top section of the "Top Free" list in the store...at least on my phone, it's 2nd behind Creative Studio, but ahead of Facebook...it has 4166 ratings. And people said no one wanted a file manager on Windows Phone :)

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I need
1. Create and extract zip,rar files
2. Grid view
3. Manage(cut, copy, paste, delete) the whole folder
4. Continuous playback of music files
5. Continues view for pictures
6. Sort by -file type
7. Integrated OneDrive
8. Exif viewer
Feedback sent

That's a lot of "needs". Baring in mind it's an initial release, more features are coming for sure. However, I want Files to be fast and fluid and work smoothly and seamlessly on a smartphone. This is not and should never be compared to Windows Explorer, I think it's no accident that they named it "Files".

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a lot of "needs". Baring in mind it's an initial release, more features are coming for sure. However, I want Files to be fast and fluid and work smoothly and seamlessly on a smartphone. This is not and should never be compared to Windows Explorer, I think it's no accident that they named it "Files".

If you want fast, try Pocket File Manager. Its 20x faster than Files. Ray has done an absolutely brilliant job with it.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
What's the point? You could always browse for pictures on the Photos app and manage them before.
You can't do that with Windows Phone 8.1, now (at least for pictures on OneDrive).
If I want to delete a OneDrive picture, I have to open the OneDrive app (either from Photos or manually).
It's very irritating.
I would like to see OneDrive integration within Files.
JJ

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans