Will the official Instagram app ever get updated??

Vishal Kaushal

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
A new version of instagram has been released for the ios and Android i.e 6.0, with new photo editing features but on Windows phone it is still in beta version and no update has been rolled out since a long time. What's happening? , why the app development on windows pbhone so slow?
Ps: I like the official version of this app on wp very much but please update it.

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for a update this month with the major Skype and Facebook updates. Hopefully Instagram has a big 8.1 update in their plans for june

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
This is very normal with windows phone platform. The WhatsApp got update after months android and ios got update. BBM is coming after around one year. The quality of apps is a big issue. Windows platform is not that big that developer put additional cost for developing it. Instagram is happy saying that we are on windows and so is Windows saying vise versa. The quality or user review hardly matter.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
6tag is indeed a much better app. The problem is that it's not an official app. Usually this doesn't bother me much, but after the incident with Instagram flagging up accounts using unofficial apps, I'm don't want to take the risk again.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
6tag is indeed a much better app. The problem is that it's not an official app. Usually this doesn't bother me much, but after the incident with Instagram flagging up accounts using unofficial apps, I'm don't want to take the risk again.

That is not an issue anymore.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That is not an issue anymore.

Why is not an issue anymore? I know it's fine right now, but you don't know what Instagram will do in the future. They could update their service so that it breaks third party apps or worse, affect your posts or account's standing.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone is not their interests since the very beginning. If you want to use Windows Phone, prepare to see such treatments from the developers. Otherwise, iPhone or Android will be your best bets.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Why is not an issue anymore? I know it's fine right now, but you don't know what Instagram will do in the future. They could update their service so that it breaks third party apps or worse, affect your posts or account's standing.

If the official apps can use the updated APIs, so can 3rd party ones. If the 3rd party app is not updating, then is the developer's fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans