Best Twitter client

tlefeuvre

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
For me, Peregrine is the best because the only one to keep track of your timeline position AND to provide the count of unread tweets on its live tile along with notifications.
Sent from my RM-892_eu_france_224 using Tapatalk

Bagzton

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I have Peregrine installed, seems good (especially the streaming of tweets) but rarely use it. I'm all for the official app but I do have a problem with it. The Draft folder doesn't retain my saved tweets. I wonder, does anyone have the same issue?

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well this thread didn't last very long, despite WPC posting a story about it:
What is your favorite Twitter app for Windows Phone? ---Windows Central :smile:

What's the deal with Mehdoh? Recently it started playing-up for me, so I uninstalled & then tried to reinstall, but I found it's no longer published! So now Peregrine/Tweet_It/MeTweets/Gleek/Tweetium & undoubtedly others are on my 'To Test & Cull' list.

Anyone tried some/most/all of the half-decent clients out there? Which do you prefer? Why?

I don't have time to exhaustively test all the options, so for now I've set-up what I had 'waiting in the wings' (installed only) as a back-up: Gleek.* No idea how good it is compared to the several other decent options, just needed a quick replacement for Mehdoh!

Thank-you.
*from when I last did lotsa research about alt. Twitter clients

Last edited:

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
How so? How do you know? Cheers.

I've used both of them Tweetium just got ported from windows 8 there's still a few minor bugs with it before that I was using MeTweets had alot of features I liked haven't used it since Tweetium was released tho so I'm not sure what has changed since I last used it

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Mehdoh has been my goto twitter client for years. As mentioned, the dev has pulled the app, so I'm searching for something else. I need tweet marker support, and the apps that implement it seem to be glitchy at best. I've been using Tweetium, but the tweet marker works about 25% of the time. It's a beta app, so maybe it will get better.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Anyone actually used more than just 2 clients???
Ideally you've used at least 2 of the ones I listed, plus at least 1 other.

Mehdoh has been my goto twitter client for years. As mentioned, the dev has pulled the app, so I'm searching for something else. I need tweet marker support, and the apps that implement it seem to be glitchy at best.

Yeah it's odd what happened to Mehdoh, the least he can do is offer up an explanation, lots of people paid for it.
I've no idea what Tweet Marker is, is it critical to daily Twitter usage, I can check if Gleek has it if you want?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I take back my earlier post I why back and downloaded MeTweets again by far the best twitter app. Reliable notifications, stable, saves your spot on your timeline, streaming tweets, and in line photos and videos. It also gives u iPhone of how to retweet. Whether it's with RT or quotation marks. Alot more stable than Tweetium which is a beta but sometimes it crashes randomly and has a few hiccups glad I downloaded MeTweets again forgot all about it

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm just going with Gleek for now, already had it d'loaded/installed, just never configured it.
Anyone actually used more than just 2 clients???
Ideally you've used at least 2 of the clients I listed, plus at least 1 other.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Before you said you've used just metweets & tweetium, rowi wasn't on my list as it died long ago, never hear of motweets.
Anyway we digress, if anyone cares to do a detailed write-up about the 3x or more clients they've used, that'd be sweet...

georgethegreek

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi there can anyone help me here. I am thinking of giving Windows phone a whirl. But what I am looking for is push notifications of tweets from accounts I follow. So basically when that person/account makes a tweet it would pop or push to my windows phone. Not talking about mentions or messages. This I know is covered by many apps. Thanks!

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi there can anyone help me here. I am thinking of giving Windows phone a whirl. But what I am looking for is push notifications of tweets from accounts I follow. So basically when that person/account makes a tweet it would pop or push to my windows phone. Not talking about mentions or messages. This I know is covered by many apps. Thanks!

I know that the offical Twitter app has that feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12