Facebook messenger 5.0 bugs

anon(8750879)

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Here too! I get notifications on time, but only the first one in the dialogue I might have. If someone send me a massage I get the notification, I answer and then when he/she replies... no notifiacation...

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Same for me. I've noticed that if I messaged someone using the full facebook app, I'd get a notifications in messenger when they reply to my message. I also tried switching the setting for receiving notifications inside the facebook app (not in action center settings) for messages received and it caused both facebook and messenger to not show notifications. I feel as though there is a compatibility issue between the two causing messages to be marked as read before the push notifications are sent by messenger. Or something along the lines of that.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
5.0.3.0 just installed this morning, and the notifications are still broken. I have the Messages unchecked in the Toast settings for the Facebook app. I have also tried uninstalling both Facebook and Messenger, and installing them again. Three updates, and notifications are still broken. Hilarious.

ivdza

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a problem too! Now,i installed new WP 8.1 dp update 2 hours ago,then i delete and install Messenger again and its working now! :) i did a soft reset after installation of WP 8.1 DP.

anon(8750879)

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have uninstalled it many many times. No notifications the way they're supposed to act. Even with the new update. Have you also noticed... In battery app messenger does not have the option to block or allow it to run on the background... Like the FB app, WhatsApp, Viber do. Is it only me?

Brandon McLean

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I managed to get my notifications working again. I tried all sorts of things with no success until this last method. Here's the final method I did to fix it:

Logged into Facebook on my laptop and went to settings -> security -> "where you're logged in". I ended all of the sessions. Next I uninstalled Facebook then Messenger from my phone. Then, I held the power button to turn off the phone, turned it back on, then soft reset (power and volume down button for ~10 seconds).

When the phone booted back up I re-installed Facebook, then Messenger. I logged into Facebook, then logged into Messenger.

I turned the phone off once more, then back on, and I started receiving notifications for both apps. Shortly afterwards Messenger notifications stopped but the Facebook app was still receiving notifications for messages.

*** I did NOT use the Facebook app for messaging from the time that I re-installed it, as I suspect that the messaging in the Facebook app crosses wires somehow with Messenger, which I will get back to later. ***

I used only the messenger app and after about 20 minutes of not receiving notifications, it started notifying me for all messages without delay.

It's been working perfectly ever since.

I tried using the Facebook app for messaging to see if that would break Messenger again and, as I suspected, it did. I redid the method above to fix it and it worked perfectly again.

Let me know if you guys try this and get it working!

(and before anyone asks, yes I tried simply reinstalling and soft resetting alone, as well as a bunch of other methods; none of which gave me these results)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon