Shazam discontinues support for Windows Phone

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
https://support.shazam.com/entries/29988213-Limited-Support-Windows-BB-and-Symbian-versions

Shazamers with the Windows, BB and Symbian versions

We are currently in maintenance mode on these platforms and, therefore, will be providing limited support. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes, but please check Shazam Home for further updates

What does this mean?

Currently, no further development work is being done. If you update your operating system or if there are any changes to an external component such as Facebook, no fix will be available at this time.

I little bit of a blow for Windows Phone, they don't even advertise the app being available on Windows Phone on their site, but I hear SoundHound will be releasing an update some time in the future...

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Ohh damnnn!! Just when I thought Shazam needed an update I hear that they are discontinuing support for Windows Phone. Its really bad news for me. Every time I go to the shopping malls, I turn on Shazam as they play a lot of nice songs that I haven't heard. :straight:

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
WTF ? This was posted on November 24th. So any good alternative for shazam ? I'm not going to support them if they won't support WP.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
WTF ? This was posted on November 24th. So any good alternative for shazam ? I'm not going to support them if they won't support WP.

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

Soundhound has been its main competitor here, and on other platforms.
Worth noting Cortana/Bing has a similar feature, but I don't have experience with that.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Shazam sucks.It's very slow, needs much time to open,doesn't recognize popular songs....SoundHound is much better,looks nice, works much, much better.We do not need shazam at all.....

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You guys do realize that that post is from November 2013, right?

I contacted Shazam about an update and they told me development for WP was discontinued, I also contacted SoundHound who said an update will be coming to windows phone soon but couldn't give any updates of when.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Good riddance. It's not a blow at all. They had gone from free to paid versions (with the first 5 or so songs free) and back with no notice. Also many times I found it couldn't identify the song but SoundHound would work fine. I've even converted some iPhone/Android people to SoundHound. Of course we also have Bing/Cortana but it doesn't offer quite as much functionality as SoundHound.

alphablue597

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Bing music id doesn't work on my phone.I set region, language etc. to US, but nothing,I can't see music icon.I didn't have that also when I was on WP 8.0. When i ask Cortana "what's playing now", it says network error, try again, and network is ok....

iconuser165

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm not familiar with Shazam. I found Soundhound and am very impressed with the scrolling lyrics (not always available but are more often than not). I wouldn't call it essential but it is cool to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss