When are they going to Remaster for Windows Phone? Skype 5.0 for iphone!!!

faalil

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Microsoft today announced the redesign for Skype for iPhone. It has all the visual finish that iOS users expect, smooth animations and even a few features that aren?t just new for this version, but new to Skype altogether.

Microsoft said that Skype 5.0 for iPhone shares a consistent look and feel with the Windows Phone and Android apps, while still optimizing for iOS?s unique strengths.

Faster: You?ll notice the effort we?ve put into this overhaul as soon as you launch Skype 5.0 for iPhone. The new version is over 5 times faster than the old version.
Smoother: As you swipe from conversations through to your favorites and then back to your contacts lists, you?ll notice how smooth scrolling and transitioning from screen to screen is ? with delightful little pops and animations punctuating them. All without degrading the performance and battery improvements we worked so hard to achieve.
More Integrated: Now, iPhone users can start group chats from the hub. And when you send messages or photos, it doesn?t matter if the recipient is offline. Everyone will see your message as soon as they are available again.
Smarter: We know our users are using Skype on multiple devices, and we want to make sure your Skype notifications keep pace with your conversations, no matter where they happen. Now, as you read your messages on your PC, tablet, Xbox and so on, those conversations will be marked as read (or unread if new messages come in) on your iPhone too.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
And this is why people hate windows phone. And I started to hate. All apps are there (almost) but of very low quality less functionality as compared with ios and android..

Lackooo

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Skype is BS on phones, and the Windows 8 metro app is sucks also. Am not able to manage my contacts, can't set my online status to busy, or away (just visible/invisible), no timestamps, no further options, can't send a picture, even a file. I can't even see my full contact list, when I first saw just did say "WTF is sh*t" or something like that. Really MS, WTF IS THIS SH*T?? You've killed MSN, what was MUUUCH better, then now you'll kill the old "desktop" skype, what not as good like msn, but usable. I say again, THIS IS SH*T!

Last edited:

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am just without words for Skype. They are certainly one of the worst teams at Microsoft. In 2014 it still hugely sucks. Even MSN in 2006 was better. They seem to work on 'big' things like real time translation, and talk big about it, buy they forget to get the basic functionality right. It is completely hilarious. The user interface is a mess, messages have no time stamps, it is slow, lacks many more functions, and above all: calling to a landline phone number barely works. If you are lucky you can exchange a few words, but mostly you can't hear each other.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Guys, there is really no reason to get worked up. Joe Belifiore confirmed a Skype update is coming. My best guess is that it will launch when WP 8.1 launches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3