7 Eleven has discontinued their app

Status
Not open for further replies.

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I sent an email to the 7 eleven support team about their app seeming broken and not working right. This is what I got in response.

Todd,

Unfortunately, we have decided to end our support for the Windows version of our mobile app at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you,

Ana Santellana | Social Innovation Manager

7-Eleven, Inc. | One Arts Plaza | 1722 Routh St. | Dallas, TX 75201

ana.santellana@7-11.com

Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM
To: DIST-Developer <Developer@7-11.com>
Subject: 7-Eleven App Feedback -- 1.0

It doesn't look like the app is getting coupons anymore. Also I can't seem to link the app to my foursquare. Facebook and twitter integration seem fine. Feel free to contact me with any questions

Todd Molloy

Sent from my Windows Phone

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Usually buy two things get something else free. Or 50 cents off coffee or slurpee. Sometimes just an outright free item.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
No offence to anyone. I live in the south and I have not seen a 7-11 in years and years. I thought they had gone out of business. So at least to me and the people who live in the south not having a 7-11 app does not really make a difference. Same thing with Shazam. Never heard of it. So I guest I won't miss them.

q21701

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I would gladly trade the 7 eleven app for an official Starbucks app or even a Dunkin Donuts app. But losing a mainstream company (at least on the east coast) just means losing traction in the platform, at least from a development point of view.

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed the missing coupons for awhile too, I worked literally right around the corner so coupons were awesome for free stuff. Sorry to see them go.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
All I would say is when they realise their mistake they will be back in the store with their support. Chill guys let WP 8.1 (Lumia cyan) be official released and then they will realise their mistake 😉 hope I live to see that day when WP sales take over android.😝 (just a wish though I don't hate the android platform in any way)

Julie Long1

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
They'll come crawling back.
Thats right.

flags_1.jpg

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
The issue with this is that too many companies are 'waiting' for Windows Phone to gain traction to port their Apps... If those that already ported begin leaving the platform, there will be fewer that see the need to come to it. Overall, losing any major brand Apps, whether available in your area or not, will be a serious blow to the platform.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
◾7-Eleven, Inc. is the world’s largest convenience store chain with close to 53,000 stores (more 7-Elevens than McDonalds ! ) in 16 countries, of which more than 10,350 are in North America, and the company has more outlets than any other retailer or food service provider.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
◾7-Eleven, Inc. is the world’s largest convenience store chain with close to 53,000 stores (more 7-Elevens than McDonald's ! ) in 16 countries, of which more than 10,350 are in North America, and the company has more outlets than any other retailer or food service provider.

+7-Eleven was one of the few businesses that didn't downsize or reduce in 2008 during the recessive US economy.
The company was one of if not the first to start growing again at the first glimmer of economic recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6