06-14-2014 04:42 PM
70 123
tools
    It doesn't make sense to complain though. What did Microsoft promise that made you purchase your phone? You NEVER buy technology assuming things will change during ownership. That is totally on the buyer.

I read this same thing for years with Blackberry. I don't know why people think these companies owe them anything. You are a consumer with a choice. Look at WP market share. You will not see them "catch up" to iOS or Android anytime soon. Low ownership means slower development, not to mention they are behind in total time of developing the OS compared to iOS and Android. People act like they know what it takes to build an OS and Microsoft is simply not trying... Come on.

I'm not an apologist for Microsoft, this is just common sense of being a consumer.
    forked likes this.
    06-12-2014 01:28 PM
    Windows Phone is late to the party but it doesn't seem to make up for lost time.
    I know what you mean. I am so envious of my friends' iphones with their six inch screens, HERE Drive offline GPS, optical image stabilization, etc. You really wonder when MSFT is going to get it's head out of its @$$ and start getting those features.
    jevans911 likes this.
    06-12-2014 02:32 PM
    Hi I own Lumia 520. I was really happy with overall OS , lag free ,free offline navigation. But as I'm a student and play games, use tons of apps and from here I started to hate it -:
    Temple run 2 came veryy late when my ios & android friends done playing with it for them history no more score competition.
    Subway surfer on 512 Mb device still on waiting list
    Most games come late or does not support 512 Mb devices.
    Instagram still beta. 6tag have delay notification or no notifications issues
    Facebook app skips friends feeds too slow.
    Twitter too skips some tweets , slow.
    WhatsApp just got improved after months on other platforms.
    Hike messenger slow
    Notification center have just 4 controls , lacks data control, music controls its lacking, does not show download progress, no brightness slider,
    Games like Gt racing, Real racing 3 are absent even if they come I bet they will only be for 1 Gb ram.
    When upload photos to facebook or instagram the quality reduces.
    Resuming, resuming.... Even on wp 8.1 though I'm ignoring this till cyan comes out.
    No wifi direct
    And the latest the upcoming lock screen theming app will be first for 1 Gb ram devices than later date will come for 512 Mb no one knows when maybe after 5 months !!
    currently I own 520 upgrade to 525 ? Just cz of ram I spend ₹4,000 more (after exchange) everything same.
    Than comes 1320 ₹17,000 no way I cant spend that much.
    Lumia 630 again same story plus it lacks ambient light sensor, proximity sensor!! Overpriced.
    And ya discrimination on basic of basic only USA gets full features. In India no Bing rewards ,no Cortana,no Bing search advance features like in USA , speech recognition as limited to call and text commands.
    What's going on. !! Microsoft !!

I think if you want apps and games because your friends have them, the issue is not Microsoft or developers, but you. Be your own man/woman...
    chmun77 likes this.
    06-12-2014 02:38 PM
    I would suggest to the OP to buy a 500$ Android phone. Too much anger for such an awesome OS.
    06-12-2014 04:13 PM
    It is OK to blame MS for not putting as many features into WP 8.1 as android. However, it is definitely unfair to blame MS when you are using a <$100 phone and expecting it to be the same as >$600 phones. For the 512MB limit, it is not MS's fault, it is your fault, because you didn't spend a little bit more for a 1GB model.
    06-12-2014 04:28 PM
    I couldn't agree with u more. The broken hubs for apps kills me. Am I moving away from WP? No. I had an iPhone 5 for 60 days and went back to WP.

I miss the me tile. I like the notifications on it, the ability to multipost (multishare sort of fixed that) but I always used the me tile to update my account avatars. That's still broke.

People hub would let me picture stalk my friends.

I can go on but you all know.
    06-12-2014 04:43 PM
    WP is obviously not for you. As a consumer, you have many choices. You should switch platforms asap. Good luck.
    So WP is for whom? Deep down you also wish all those things the OP mentioned to be fixed..But a fanboy is a fanboy..nothing to do
    06-12-2014 04:44 PM
    WP is obviously not for you. As a consumer, you have many choices. You should switch platforms asap. Good luck.
    I agree with jmerry. You should switch platforms. Each OS fits a different person, it's a simple as that.
    06-12-2014 08:13 PM
    Having the latest game isn't important for me at all. As for apps, I'm very happy with what is available. Why someone can't make their own decisions without being called a fanboy is a question I don't have an answer for...
    06-12-2014 08:15 PM
    So WP is for whom? Deep down you also wish all those things the OP mentioned to be fixed..But a fanboy is a fanboy..nothing to do
    C'mon. Of course we hope for things to be better. But if YOU cannot survive with what WP currently can offers, then the phone is NOT FOR YOU. Simple as that. Whom = you, we are speaking now. Fanboy? Try asking any other platform fanboys about their platforms and they will also give you similar replies. If a platform can't satisfy your needs, move on, seriously.
    forked likes this.
    06-12-2014 08:33 PM
    Yes I have option I will switch, but I ain't have extra cash lying around to buy phones back to back.
    06-12-2014 08:34 PM
    look man here's the gist.
    your friends on iOS and Android are probably using $500-700 high-end devices. you can't possibly compared that to your measly <$100 phone. it's not a fair comparison.
    and if you know you play games a lot, then you should've gotten L525
    Here in India people buy budget phones leave ios. Android Micromax a indian brand we can get top notch droid for just ₹6000 , Samsung galaxy s duos 2 , Sony xperia M and latest Moto e yes there is some lags but u have everything and lags not so frequently. Okay high end Lumia , even that Lumia also cant get access to quality apps , and will face face same app problems the unavailability. Its not that BBM available on 1520 and not on 520 ...... Even a low end games first comes for 1 Gb ram that means dere is issues relating to memory which is not in droid. Thing is I want apps at least I hv Xbox to play games. I want apps quality apps not basic apps.
    06-12-2014 08:42 PM
    It doesn't make sense to complain though. What did Microsoft promise that made you purchase your phone? You NEVER buy technology assuming things will change during ownership. That is totally on the buyer.

I read this same thing for years with Blackberry. I don't know why people think these companies owe them anything. You are a consumer with a choice. Look at WP market share. You will not see them "catch up" to iOS or Android anytime soon. Low ownership means slower development, not to mention they are behind in total time of developing the OS compared to iOS and Android. People act like they know what it takes to build an OS and Microsoft is simply not trying... Come on.

I'm not an apologist for Microsoft, this is just common sense of being a consumer.
    What Microsoft promise I show u on d coming post dude. False claims.
    06-12-2014 08:44 PM
    I think if you want apps and games because your friends have them, the issue is not Microsoft or developers, but you. Be your own man/woman...
    I own a smartphone , so i expect apps good apps and games too. I blame Microsoft no fault of developers.
    What u expect me to , i use a smartphone just for calling ? And read news on Softpedia they considering Cortana for android hell what !
    06-12-2014 08:47 PM
    I would suggest to the OP to buy a 500$ Android phone. Too much anger for such an awesome OS.
    I was very excited for windows phone I was never hater ..... But the way things going made me against it. Facebook app don't show friends feed. , etc etc.
    06-12-2014 08:49 PM
    It is OK to blame MS for not putting as many features into WP 8.1 as android. However, it is definitely unfair to blame MS when you are using a <$100 phone and expecting it to be the same as >$600 phones. For the 512MB limit, it is not MS's fault, it is your fault, because you didn't spend a little bit more for a 1GB model.
    Okay assume I have a 1 Gb device still app situation won't change. Quality of apps will be same. Not all games available like gt racing 2 , real racing 3 leave games Apps quality apps story will be same. Same basic notification center , same no wifi direct bla bla ..
    06-12-2014 08:52 PM
    I couldn't agree with u more. The broken hubs for apps kills me. Am I moving away from WP? No. I had an iPhone 5 for 60 days and went back to WP.

I miss the me tile. I like the notifications on it, the ability to multipost (multishare sort of fixed that) but I always used the me tile to update my account avatars. That's still broke.

People hub would let me picture stalk my friends.

I can go on but you all know.
    Multishare , unishare u cant even set privacy for individual list. .. Me tile no longer works. It was my favourite. Now wp 8.1 breaked it
    06-12-2014 08:53 PM
    I agree with jmerry. You should switch platforms. Each OS fits a different person, it's a simple as that.
    So windows phone is for whom ??
    06-12-2014 08:56 PM
    Having the latest game isn't important for me at all. As for apps, I'm very happy with what is available. Why someone can't make their own decisions without being called a fanboy is a question I don't have an answer for...
    U r fan. U compromising as if they gave u phone for free. See I spent money. I at least expect good apps quality apps. And good is features.
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-12-2014 08:57 PM
    C'mon. Of course we hope for things to be better. But if YOU cannot survive with what WP currently can offers, then the phone is NOT FOR YOU. Simple as that. Whom = you, we are speaking now. Fanboy? Try asking any other platform fanboys about their platforms and they will also give you similar replies. If a platform can't satisfy your needs, move on, seriously.
    Moving on... Moving on is not free have to shell out money. I have complaints how they badly handling is Microsoft. Awesome os power is underutilized. Live tiles not live now we have 1 minute tile update but the way developers take this os gonna take year. I gues wp 8.2 may fix it.
    06-12-2014 09:01 PM
    I agree somewhat to OP.....getting latest app is all up to developers....but when we get apps they are either half baked or doesn't work at all.....for e.g. take a look at Instagram beta....how long it has been in beta and when was it last updated......even Microsoft brings their services first on other platforms before they bring it in their own platform......and to say about Microsoft apps and services in WP....take a look at Mail app where you still can't attach any files except images even in WP8.1 that is a basic features of any Mail app....yes you can send docs and pdf through Office app but it creates new email......I can't reply to current email conversation......also Skype sucks really bad...

Microsoft need to set an example by supporting their platform...bringing their apps and services first and exclusive in their own platform....instead they are doing opposite...so how would you expect developers will develop or bring their apps in WP/Windows 8.1
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    06-12-2014 09:07 PM
    The majority of users just want a phone, an easy way to send and receive a text, a decent camera, play their favorite music and a couple of games and maybe a social app. That's all they want to be able to do.

My sister in law liked the texting on our 920's and she was up for a new phone so she got a red 920 for $0.99 from AT&T. She has had it for over six months without a Microsoft account, just her Facebook. I tell and show her why she needs a MS account. Don't need it she says and she is as happy as can be with the phone and she would have been just as happy with a 520. Not all are enthusiasts.The users here are in the minority and lose sight of this.

Find a used phone if you want 1GB. It doesn't have to be one in the new lineup.
    06-12-2014 09:32 PM
    U r fan. U compromising as if they gave u phone for free. See I spent money. I at least expect good apps quality apps. And good is features.

Everyone is different. It's absolutely amazing that people can't understand that.

Please get a new phone. You'll be much happier.
    06-12-2014 09:48 PM
    The majority of users just want a phone, an easy way to send and receive a text, a decent camera, play their favorite music and a couple of games and maybe a social app. That's all they want to be able to do.

My sister in law liked the texting on our 920's and she was up for a new phone so she got a red 920 for $0.99 from AT&T. She has had it for over six months without a Microsoft account, just her Facebook. I tell and show her why she needs a MS account. Don't need it she says and she is as happy as can be with the phone and she would have been just as happy with a 520. Not all are enthusiasts.The users here are in the minority and lose sight of this.

Find a used phone if you want 1GB. It doesn't have to be one in the new lineup.
    Majority of users want all these basic features.. they want apps too that's why there are so many apps... social app ?? look how bad is facebook app..., how bad is twitter app, foursquare app is pathetic... we have apps.. quality and functionality veryyy low..
    06-13-2014 02:45 AM
    Majority of users want all these basic features.. they want apps too that's why there are so many apps... social app ?? look how bad is facebook app..., how bad is twitter app, foursquare app is pathetic... we have apps.. quality and functionality veryyy low..
    I aint buying 1 gb ram device.. what I will have acces to more games right than what about apps.. situation will be same.. low quality apps
    06-13-2014 02:46 AM
70 123