Windows phone really growing ? Discrimination by Microsoft

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
To the op: have you considered switching to another platform? WP is not for everyone. If getting the latest and greatest apps and games as soon as possible is a priority, then WP is definitely not for you. Harsh words maybe, but it's the truth. You should start making plans (saving money, whatever) to migrate to an iPhone or Android phone now.
I already started to switch to other OS .. I spend money to get good services.. not for waiting.. I will switch once I get enough saving.. I bought windows phone because its different and yeah it is it is awesome.. but lack of apps, regional discrimination by Microsoft, even Microsoft updates apps on other platforms than comes our turn.. how we can expect other developers to keep us upto date with new features of there apps.. tried windows phone very awesome it is capabilities too much but unutilized I blame Microsoft. security performance.. even my java nokia x3-02 used too have.. 5 mp camera, even whatsapp could share mp3 :p we need apps quality apps we need or I need to connect with the world.. BBM is still coming soon.. here in India people are on ios and android and I just sit between my friends and see ooh this app also exist in this universe.., ohh app have this feature also.. for eg line messenger I got to know it have calling feature too.. lol after many months it got this feature.. I bought cz of brand loyality ...

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
To be fair, you are comparing WP to the already so matured OSes like Android or iOS. WP8 was merely 2 years old as it was redeveloped from ground up again after WP7 fails. But within these 2 years, we are now seeing action center, transparency tiles, VPN, etc etc. Just 2 years, we are already having a voice assistance Cortana. But it took Apple to add Siri to iOS only at its 5th iteration. And Google Now was introduced only with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Do you not see how fast Windows Phone 8 actually evolved within these 2 years? And what triggered the low to mid end budgeted phone wars? It is Windows Phone too because of its capability to run under low cost devices and still performing very well.

Android is very open. However, it also brings along flaws, performance issues, fragmentation due to so many different OEMs, etc etc. Windows Phone strike somewhere in between. When WP8.1 is out, I bet all WP8 devices will be able to get updated. And this is why iPhone is still so popular as consumers get the updates promptly without the need to beg OEMs to release updates for their older models - especially with big OEMs like Samsung which releases tons of different Android devices each year.

Time is an important factor for an OS to grow. And from what I see, Android has reached its peak. Same goes for iOS. But what's lucky for iOS is that Apple also sells desktop OS, hence they can boost about Continuity with their latest iOS8. On the other hand, Google Chrome never pick up good traction at all. So, Android is just at its peak. Given that MS is also a desktop OS maker and along with its gaming businesses, I'm seeing potential with Windows Phones. More features will come for sure, but you just need to be patient. Rome don't get to build in a day. Just my 2 cents. :)

I don't care about when the OS was launched.. I want features too be available soon.. if they launched it late.. they should come up with those feature which competitors have from the start only... We consumers are not there beta testers... and we aint practicing waiting....

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
look man here's the gist.
your friends on iOS and Android are probably using $500-700 high-end devices. you can't possibly compared that to your measly <$100 phone. it's not a fair comparison.
and if you know you play games a lot, then you should've gotten L525

wpgeek820

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry but I do have to agree with the OP here. He is stating the fact. He can't stand the truth but many of us here can and will wait for updates; we are happy with how things are going so far. The OP might be impatient but his one point was spot on.

if they launched it late.. they should come up with those feature which competitors have from the start only... We consumers are not there beta testers... and we aint practicing waiting....

Windows Phone is late to the party but it doesn't seem to make up for lost time. I think soon there will be more users like the OP complaining if this continues.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't make sense to complain though. What did Microsoft promise that made you purchase your phone? You NEVER buy technology assuming things will change during ownership. That is totally on the buyer.

I read this same thing for years with Blackberry. I don't know why people think these companies owe them anything. You are a consumer with a choice. Look at WP market share. You will not see them "catch up" to iOS or Android anytime soon. Low ownership means slower development, not to mention they are behind in total time of developing the OS compared to iOS and Android. People act like they know what it takes to build an OS and Microsoft is simply not trying... Come on.

I'm not an apologist for Microsoft, this is just common sense of being a consumer.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone is late to the party but it doesn't seem to make up for lost time.

I know what you mean. I am so envious of my friends' iphones with their six inch screens, HERE Drive offline GPS, optical image stabilization, etc. You really wonder when MSFT is going to get it's head out of its @$$ and start getting those features.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi I own Lumia 520. I was really happy with overall OS , lag free ,free offline navigation. But as I'm a student and play games, use tons of apps and from here I started to hate it -:
Temple run 2 came veryy late when my ios & android friends done playing with it for them history no more score competition.
Subway surfer on 512 Mb device still on waiting list
Most games come late or does not support 512 Mb devices.
Instagram still beta. 6tag have delay notification or no notifications issues
Facebook app skips friends feeds too slow.
Twitter too skips some tweets , slow.
WhatsApp just got improved after months on other platforms.
Hike messenger slow
Notification center have just 4 controls , lacks data control, music controls its lacking, does not show download progress, no brightness slider,
Games like Gt racing, Real racing 3 are absent even if they come I bet they will only be for 1 Gb ram.
When upload photos to facebook or instagram the quality reduces.
Resuming, resuming.... Even on wp 8.1 though I'm ignoring this till cyan comes out.
No wifi direct
And the latest the upcoming lock screen theming app will be first for 1 Gb ram devices than later date will come for 512 Mb no one knows when maybe after 5 months !!
currently I own 520 upgrade to 525 ? Just cz of ram I spend ₹4,000 more (after exchange) everything same.
Than comes 1320 ₹17,000 no way I cant spend that much.
Lumia 630 again same story plus it lacks ambient light sensor, proximity sensor!! Overpriced.
And ya discrimination on basic of basic only USA gets full features. In India no Bing rewards ,no Cortana,no Bing search advance features like in USA , speech recognition as limited to call and text commands.
What's going on. !! Microsoft !!

I think if you want apps and games because your friends have them, the issue is not Microsoft or developers, but you. Be your own man/woman...

yihong kang

May 5, 2014
Visit site
It is OK to blame MS for not putting as many features into WP 8.1 as android. However, it is definitely unfair to blame MS when you are using a <$100 phone and expecting it to be the same as >$600 phones. For the 512MB limit, it is not MS's fault, it is your fault, because you didn't spend a little bit more for a 1GB model.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree with u more. The broken hubs for apps kills me. Am I moving away from WP? No. I had an iPhone 5 for 60 days and went back to WP.

I miss the me tile. I like the notifications on it, the ability to multipost (multishare sort of fixed that) but I always used the me tile to update my account avatars. That's still broke.

People hub would let me picture stalk my friends.

I can go on but you all know.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Having the latest game isn't important for me at all. As for apps, I'm very happy with what is available. Why someone can't make their own decisions without being called a ****** is a question I don't have an answer for...

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So WP is for whom? Deep down you also wish all those things the OP mentioned to be fixed..But a ****** is a ******..nothing to do

C'mon. Of course we hope for things to be better. But if YOU cannot survive with what WP currently can offers, then the phone is NOT FOR YOU. Simple as that. Whom = you, we are speaking now. ******? Try asking any other platform fanboys about their platforms and they will also give you similar replies. If a platform can't satisfy your needs, move on, seriously.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
look man here's the gist.
your friends on iOS and Android are probably using $500-700 high-end devices. you can't possibly compared that to your measly <$100 phone. it's not a fair comparison.
and if you know you play games a lot, then you should've gotten L525
Here in India people buy budget phones leave ios. Android Micromax a indian brand we can get top notch droid for just ₹6000 , Samsung galaxy s duos 2 , Sony xperia M and latest Moto e yes there is some lags but u have everything and lags not so frequently. Okay high end Lumia , even that Lumia also cant get access to quality apps , and will face face same app problems the unavailability. Its not that BBM available on 1520 and not on 520 ...... Even a low end games first comes for 1 Gb ram that means dere is issues relating to memory which is not in droid. Thing is I want apps at least I hv Xbox to play games. I want apps quality apps not basic apps.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't make sense to complain though. What did Microsoft promise that made you purchase your phone? You NEVER buy technology assuming things will change during ownership. That is totally on the buyer.

I read this same thing for years with Blackberry. I don't know why people think these companies owe them anything. You are a consumer with a choice. Look at WP market share. You will not see them "catch up" to iOS or Android anytime soon. Low ownership means slower development, not to mention they are behind in total time of developing the OS compared to iOS and Android. People act like they know what it takes to build an OS and Microsoft is simply not trying... Come on.

I'm not an apologist for Microsoft, this is just common sense of being a consumer.

What Microsoft promise I show u on d coming post dude. False claims.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I think if you want apps and games because your friends have them, the issue is not Microsoft or developers, but you. Be your own man/woman...
I own a smartphone , so i expect apps good apps and games too. I blame Microsoft no fault of developers.
What u expect me to , i use a smartphone just for calling ? And read news on Softpedia they considering Cortana for android hell what !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05