Windows phone really growing ? Discrimination by Microsoft

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I dunno what are you talking about? 630 can run Asphalt 8 alright.

Lumia 630 Gaming Performance : Asphalt 8 Airborne - YouTube

Try running this game on a same budgeted Android handset and see how it lags. Don't believe? Go ahead and try.

No no im talking about that.... as per that add u can play all ur favourite games... my friend u must be knowing that 512 mb ram on windows phon don't support most games available in the market.. or some are not available.. for eg. fifa nowadays popular, tr 2 used to popular, no subway surfer, no real racing 2, to sims, and he list goes on... thanks to gameloft they made asphalt series on 512 mb ram available...

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
The greatest majority of users are not enthusiasts and don't care about foursquare. A 512GB phone will work just fine for them.

If you are a student and play games as you say, you didn't do your homework when you bought the 520. You bought it because it was not expensive and expect the performance of a more expensive phone.

I expected apps too... good quality apps.. atleast good fb and twitter, and instagram, experience.. and now latest bbm... I got nothing either apps lack functionality or not available at all....

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I gues u aint used fb app on windows phone 8.1 is same as windows phone 8.. it skips tons of features of facebook moreover it does not show friends feeds.... and its too dam slow...
I have 1520 with 8.1.
I bought it few days before 8.1 DP started to roll out, so don't know much about FB on 8.0.
I can see friends feed in my News feed.
As I mentioned, the app on iPhone (at least 4) is much much slower.

And BTW, Joe Belfiore wrote about coming updates for FB app. Please stay calm, everybody will be happy, I'm sure.

spazzmeister

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
OP. Do what I did. Simply move to Android. Spend more than $300 on your next phone. I had a L925. Very good hardware. Terrible app support. Such a shame.

lamblumo

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have 1520 with 8.1.
I bought it few days before 8.1 DP started to roll out, so don't know much about FB on 8.0.
I can see friends feed in my News feed.
As I mentioned, the app on iPhone (at least 4) is much much slower.

And BTW, Joe Belfiore wrote about coming updates for FB app. Please stay calm, everybody will be happy, I'm sure.
he said performance improvements , wide pictures .. that's it no major upgrade... u can see friends on news feed u lucky not all lucky see the forums on wpcentral itself.. also u many features missing... same with twitter, and many apps .. apps available but they are basic or of low quality as other os.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
he said performance improvements , wide pictures .. that's it no major upgrade... u can see friends on news feed u lucky not all lucky see the forums on wpcentral itself.. also u many features missing... same with twitter, and many apps .. apps available but they are basic or of low quality as other os.

You were complaining that the app is slow, you confirmed what Joe said (performance improvements), and now you're complaining about 'no big updates'... You don't even know what's gonna be added/fixed in the update since there is no official changelog, or even a RUMOR.
Try to understand, that if I CAN see my friends activity in the feed, then the app is capable to show anyone's activity in the feed. If something is working wrong on your phone - it might be your own phone's issue. I didn't check the entire forum, I'm sure there are other people who are experiencing different issues with FB app, but please don't generalize your own experience.

I agree, some apps are lacking some features comparing to those on Android on iOS, but what did you expect when you bought your phone with an OS, who's market share is SMALL comparing to the same OSes? You will NEVER see a mobile OS which has EVERY feature in the world. But since you are complaining about something that you need and is lacking - you should change your device.

If you really want to use a Lumia phone (or other Windows Phone, whatever), you should HELP the OS to become better. It's not only Microsoft's and developers' task, EVERYBODY are contributing.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I gonna do that only... till than I have to tolerate it ...

Good. Guess you found your solution. If WP is an OS which you need to tolerate, I suggest you should sell it away to recoup some cash and go for a cheap Android. Then share your experience with Android on a budgeted device. We will be waiting. :)

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
So windows phone is for whom ??

A lot of people if you haven't noticed you're on a WP users forum.

What is your point now with this thread? You've made it very clear you don't like WP and are going to switch, do you want an apology or people to try to convince you to stay, because that won't happen.

Preference of an OS is all a matter of opinion. App nuts should go on iOS and nobody would argue that. WP has all the apps I need.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people if you haven't noticed you're on a WP users forum.

What is your point now with this thread? You've made it very clear you don't like WP and are going to switch, do you want an apology or people to try to convince you to stay, because that won't happen.

Preference of an OS is all a matter of opinion. App nuts should go on iOS and nobody would argue that. WP has all the apps I need.
Buy not all the apps it needs to grow!
5% market share is not good just bbetter than bb......not saying much!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6