Regarding Music Players

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So guys I was wondering, does tapping the currently playing song in the Volume drop down always take/pull you back to Xbox Music app? Are there any apps that can bypass this and reach back directly to the whatever app you chose to play from?

eg. Folder Play and OneMusic

Reason:

Folder Play loads the folder everytime. App Link: Folder Play | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

OneMusic: Crashes a lot. Doesn't detect touch sometimes. App Link:OneMusic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Please post any such Music Player below. Any help would be appreciated. Please also be on topic, and if possible put links for the apps you'd suggest.

Thanks.

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on an updated version of my (existing) media player, Mobile Media Manager, for Windows Phone 8.1. It currently doesn't bypass Xbox music, but the updated version will. I am working as hard as I can to get it out in the store for download.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm working on an updated version of my (existing) media player, Mobile Media Manager, for Windows Phone 8.1. It currently doesn't bypass Xbox music, but the updated version will. I am working as hard as I can to get it out in the store for download.

If you need any beta testers, i am ready to do it.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
So guys I was wondering, does tapping the currently playing song in the Volume drop down always take/pull you back to Xbox Music app? Are there any apps that can bypass this and reach back directly to the whatever app you chose to play from?

eg. Folder Play and OneMusic

Reason:

Folder Play loads the folder everytime. App Link: Folder Play | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

OneMusic: Crashes a lot. Doesn't detect touch sometimes. App Link:OneMusic | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Please post any such Music Player below. Any help would be appreciated. Please also be on topic, and if possible put links for the apps you'd suggest.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "loads the folder every time" in regarding to Folder Play?

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
If you need any beta testers, i am ready to do it.
Thank you for offering. Right now, I am working on getting suspend and resume to be just right. Do you have a big music library? I don't really have a big music library on my phone currently, so I will definitely need help with testing for a big music library. I will be sure to let you know when all is ready for testing.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for offering. Right now, I am working on getting suspend and resume to be just right. Do you have a big music library? I don't really have a big music library on my phone currently, so I will definitely need help with testing for a big music library. I will be sure to let you know when all is ready for testing.

How much big? I have about 1000-1500 songs on my SD card.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
@Ray, I love your app, it's amazing. The only problem I gave as of now, is that it seems to randomize the songs in the playlist, thus having me to wait for a long time before I can play my music.

And for some songs downloaded via Nokia mixradio it doesn't detect artist name.

Otherwise it is a perfect app for me.

Faraaz96

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I'm also in for your beta . I've a big music library .. more than 1500 songs :)

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
@Ray, I love your app, it's amazing. The only problem I gave as of now, is that it seems to randomize the songs in the playlist, thus having me to wait for a long time before I can play my music.

And for some songs downloaded via Nokia mixradio it doesn't detect artist name.

Otherwise it is a perfect app for me.
it does not randomize it. Just scanning taking some time as File access API in wp8.1 RunTime mode is slow as hell! If you have more than 10-20 files it could take a time. Sorry but right now I have nothing to improve it :(

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
it does not randomize it. Just scanning taking some time as File access API in wp8.1 RunTime mode is slow as hell! If you have more than 10-20 files it could take a time. Sorry but right now I have nothing to improve it :(

Thanks for resolving the doubt Ray!

Catholic Tech Geek

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in for your beta . I've a big music library .. more than 1500 songs :)
Yeah..both you and amitnahar have bigger music libraries than I do. That will be great for seeing how long things load compared to Xbox Music. I hope to have something ready by next week (let's hope and pray that this is the case).

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I had tried some music players from store other than XBM. Though XBM is laggy while loading songs/albums/artists, XBM good than others iMO it has clean UI and had swipe to change tracks and had the pointer drag to play the song from what point we want to play.

Apart from lagging missed the live tile and artist bg. If they provided these i will be happy :)

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had tried some music players from store other than XBM. Though XBM is laggy while loading songs/albums/artists, XBM good than others iMO it has clean UI and had swipe to change tracks and had the pointer drag to play the song from what point we want to play.

Apart from lagging missed the live tile and artist bg. If they provided these i will be happy :)

You have tried OneMusic? It has all the features you want sans live tile support.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
You have tried OneMusic? It has all the features you want sans live tile support.
Not yet. Want to try but when i try to download it is showing some error and same was mentioned in the forum. Some one replied to that like there is a bug and they downed the link for now and expecting a update. I will try now. It is paid app with 5 days trail. Right?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. Want to try but when i try to download it is showing some error and same was mentioned in the forum. Some one replied to that like there is a bug and they downed the link for now and expecting a update. I will try now. It is paid app with 5 days trail. Right?

Yes.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday i installed the app. S it has all the features that XBM have except the laggy in loading music ha ha.

Downside, it is paid one(already there is a class/clarification from Daniel regarding this :D)
If we swipe the songs in album some times artist BG not showing(showing OneMusic App Symbol), and Song slider Pointer lasting at End of Track. Otherwise everything perfect :thumb:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire